Media and punditry

BOF

42 minutes ago, Tayls said:

Is he wrong? 

Yes, in thinking that main take-away from the game was that we'll be ok from relegation, he's definitely wrong.

His inclusion of the word 'probably' in reference to a finishing position the top 10 is a bit dismissive of our progress as well. 

IMO, it's the same as saying Man City will 'probably' finish in the top 4. It's not wrong, but it neglects any actually understanding of the team in question.

• Like 1

11 hours ago, foreveryoung said:

Goodness me, poor Carney getting slated on social media for joining Carragher on MNF. 

The only way sky could appoint a female pundit to MNF and she wouldn't get abuse was if she was a stunner. 

Edited by villa89
  • Like 1

1 hour ago, Zatman said:

Enjoyed listening to the Scottish commentary tonight, its like they did research and knew about us unlike some in the cliched Premier League

I'll second that, much better coverage than when I watch Sky or BT at someone elses house, and better than Prime too.

Helps that they didn't have a studio full of ex-Scum 6 players waiting to talk bollox.

• Like 3

2 hours ago, Zatman said:

Enjoyed listening to the Scottish commentary tonight, its like they did research and knew about us unlike some in the cliched Premier League

They did drop a few clangers though like 'Douglas Carlos' and calling Watkins 'Watson' lol

What on earth is this disrespectful nonsense from the bbc live text? 

35 mins

Post update

Bournemouth 0-1 Tottenham

Philip Billing gets up well to win a header but can only steer it straight at the Spurs keeper. It's been drawn to my attention that he's got just 'Philip' on his back. You can get away with that as a Brazilian flair player, but not as a clogger from Huddersfield

https://www.bbc.com/sport/live/football/65928392

• Like 1
  • Shocked 1

3 minutes ago, jimmygreaves said:

More balanced "analysis" from Sky at half time in the Newcastle v Liverpool match. Apparently chopping down the attacker when you the last defender isn't a red card because we'll never really know if it's a goal scoring opportunity.

FML

So forest shouldnt have had their man sent off yesterday then either i take it?

Â