Media and punditry

BOF

The emergence of Jamie Carragher as a pundit leaves me with a difficult dilemma, I feel I only have enough hatred in me to truly despise oneLiverpool obsessed arse wipe called Jamie. But then there is Master Redknapp....

Damn you Sky why do you have to make life so complicated.

Was watching SSN yesterday afternoon.when that creepy f**ker Jim White starts going on about the Manure and Chelsea game, and started goin one how it was shaping up to be a classic. WTF, how can a game shape up to be a classic when its four hours til kick off. Games can only start shaping up as classics during the game i.e. the action on the pitch during the 90 or so mins makes it a classic, nothing else.

Loved the fact it turned out to be a s*** game.

Really find that Jim White creepy, patronising, and a right brown nose..

Jim White is a word removed and your typical Sky shill. Genuinely good presenters like Mark Bolton don't survive on that channel but dribbling dullards like Jim White basically have a job for life.

On the subject of Mark Bolton, he did a great job on Sky's Spanish football coverage,  now you have Scott Minto, a guy who was a shit player and now an even worse pundit ruining it. 

Scott Minto is to presenting what Jamie Redknapp is to punditry. 

Dublin and Keown on football focus again showing that they have really done there homework (rolls eyes in disgust)... When asked about wolves and why Johnson and o'hara are training with youth team, they said they don't know why and that is a strange choice... I'm sure most of us know that Johnson was disruptive and turned up to training pissed and abused the fans whilst o'hara had a massive argument with the fans as well... And they get paid for this rubbish

Lately I've been considering watching Villa games on mute. The sheer bias of the commentary is borderlining unbearable. I remember when watching the Chelsea match in particular and every couple of minutes there was some sort of reference to either "Villa's relegation troubles last season" or our "8 nil humiliation at Stamford Bridge last season". Aside from that, it was constant "Villa are really struggling to get forward/defend/get into the game (delete as appropriate)". It's just ridiculous how biased it can be, almost as though they just really don't want to see us do well whilst they all participate in the massive Man U/ Chelsea/ Arsenal etc w*nkfest. Don't get me wrong, it's nice to not have Villa constantly be in the focus of the media, with our players/their missuses plastering the front pages of The Sun, but the negative light that's always shed on us gets right on my tits. Hopefully that's gonna start to change this season.

Lately I've been considering watching Villa games on mute. The sheer bias of the commentary is borderlining unbearable. I remember when watching the Chelsea match in particular and every couple of minutes there was some sort of reference to either "Villa's relegation troubles last season" or our "8 nil humiliation at Stamford Bridge last season". Aside from that, it was constant "Villa are really struggling to get forward/defend/get into the game (delete as appropriate)". It's just ridiculous how biased it can be, almost as though they just really don't want to see us do well whilst they all participate in the massive Man U/ Chelsea/ Arsenal etc w*nkfest. Don't get me wrong, it's nice to not have Villa constantly be in the focus of the media, with our players/their missuses plastering the front pages of The Sun, but the negative light that's always shed on us gets right on my tits. Hopefully that's gonna start to change this season.

Jamie Redknapps punditry of the Villa v Liverpool game was the worst, his spunking over a rather (in the end) average performance from Liverpool with 5 shots and 1 on target to our decent second half with 17 shots with 3 on was rediculous. Liverpool controlled the game he said, they will be pushing for the top 4 he said, Villa will struggle again he said...I don't think he watched the same sport as me.

Yes praise Liverpool over a hard earned 3 points and they now look solid and hard to beat...but don't try and tell me they were any good after 30 mins...they had 1...yes 1 shot after they scored.

I think being an utter annoying gobshite word removed runs in the family.

Edited by Oaks

Niall Quinn is the worst co-commentator out of the lot, he's an absolute babbling brook of bullshit.

condescending prick as well. his commentary of wigan vs city in league last season was disgusting. words like wigan should be really proud of their 2-0 defeat

• Like 1

Some pretty good fuckwittery from the BBC here...

ATLETICO SIGN STRIKER FOR £8.5M

_69599817_018245901-1.jpg

France football writer: "Newly-capped France midfielder Josuha Guilavogui has left Saint-Etienne to join Atletico Madrid in an £8.5m move.

• Like 1

Watched SSN last night, over the course of an hour they mentioned the Liverpool signings, and Arsenal move for Ozil, four times; a couple of these occasions they went to Anfield and Emirates and had to come away cos of people swearing. Annoyed me cos not once did they mention lower league transfers, and give an idea of what was going with lower league clubs. Apart from their f***ing favourite tosser H Redknapp.

Instead of repeating hemselves 4 times every 60 minutes and showing idiots swearing why not spend a little time mentioning these clubs. It would make for a more interesting programme, and not make out sky be such a brown nose.

Watched SSN last night, over the course of an hour they mentioned the Liverpool signings, and Arsenal move for Ozil, four times; a couple of these occasions they went to Anfield and Emirates and had to come away cos of people swearing. Annoyed me cos not once did they mention lower league transfers, and give an idea of what was going with lower league clubs. Apart from their f***ing favourite tosser H Redknapp.

Instead of repeating hemselves 4 times every 60 minutes and showing idiots swearing why not spend a little time mentioning these clubs. It would make for a more interesting programme, and not make out sky be such a brown nose.

This, it'd be great to see somekind of tv-program made day or two after the transfer window shuts and they'd review all PL clubs and at least some of the lower leagues ones with "Who did well" etc. but fat chance of that.

Lower league clubs/anyone outside of the top 6 just aren't fashionable enough for Sky.

However, speaking of more media crap, the Daily Mail have added a lovely little tag on the end of the title to their latest Villa article.

"Aston Villa sign Lazio Striker Kozak (who failed to score a single goal in Italy last year)"

There really is no need.

Lower league clubs/anyone outside of the top 6 just aren't fashionable enough for Sky.

However, speaking of more media crap, the Daily Mail have added a lovely little tag on the end of the title to their latest Villa article.

"Aston Villa sign Lazio Striker Kozak (who failed to score a single goal in Italy last year)"

There really is no need.

Funny how they ignore the stat that he was the Europa League's top scorer.

Exactly. I would be willing to bet that if a top 6 club would have signed him, the papers would have been obsessed with that statistic. Oh well, it makes it a lot sweeter if we defy everyone's expectations of us this season and really give them something to write about.

Â