Media and punditry

BOF

I know it's forlorn, but could the Scum refrain from ruining England's progression through the competition with their godawful front pages? The one yesterday was both offensive and stupid, and you just know there's more to come. 

What insightful references about Sweden can we look forward to? Abba? Ikea? Bjorn Borg? Nymphomaniacs? I can't wait to find out what Scum writers think working class readers know about Sweden, all to come in Saturday's super soaraway Sun!

1 hour ago, HanoiVillan said:

I know it's forlorn, but could the Scum refrain from ruining England's progression through the competition with their godawful front pages? The one yesterday was both offensive and stupid, and you just know there's more to come. 

What insightful references about Sweden can we look forward to? Abba? Ikea? Bjorn Borg? Nymphomaniacs? I can't wait to find out what Scum writers think working class readers know about Sweden, all to come in Saturday's super soaraway Sun!

It was bad but nothing is as embarrassing as the 1996 Mirror headline. That editor I believe was world renowned dickhead Piers Morgan

Bildresultat för 1996 england vs germany newspaper

22 minutes ago, Zatman said:

It was bad but nothing is as embarrassing as the 1996 Mirror headline. That editor I believe was world renowned dickhead Piers Morgan

Bildresultat för 1996 england vs germany newspaper

God I'd forgotten how awful that was. 

On 03/07/2018 at 15:30, Dick said:

Danny "when I was at Liverpool we did that" Murphy.

And, Danny "that defender had a torrid time at Anfield last season, most defenders did" Murphy.

Danny Murphy is a smug clearing in the woods who hasn't ever said one insightful thing. By far the worst on BBC, including Lawro for me. Can't stand him.

• Like 1

On 03/07/2018 at 08:52, Stevo985 said:

When we get to the stage where the England games are on both BBC and ITV (does that still happen?) then I will choose BBC every time...

... unless the co-commentator is Lawrenson. I don’t give a **** who is on ITV, they win. 

ITV have far better pundits imo.

Just watched that program about Barry Davies on bbc, now they should have took him and Motty to the World Cup for the commentary, a lot better than the shite they currently have out there

Meanwhile in Australia, the SBS World Cup host Lucy Zelic is being panned by some of our fckwit media for................

pronouncing players names correctly. Apparently its just showing off ?

On 05/07/2018 at 00:04, rbcuk said:

Just watched that program about Barry Davies on bbc, now they should have took him and Motty to the World Cup for the commentary, a lot better than the shite they currently have out there

Sadly they're both past it but were supreme in their day. Barry Davies for me was the best I've ever heard, was just a wonderful commentator. 

54 minutes ago, Dr_Pangloss said:

Sadly they're both past it but were supreme in their day. Barry Davies for me was the best I've ever heard, was just a wonderful commentator. 

The Maradona goal is commentating class

9 minutes ago, sharkyvilla said:

He always does doesn't he?

Not on match of the day he doesn’t, always sits to the left of the screen. Maybe he has been on the right for the whole World Cup, I’ve only been half watching it. Just seems a bit strange.

Â