Media and punditry

BOF

6 hours ago, Stevo985 said:

I watched the AFCON final last night and whoever the main commentator was **** dreadful.

It culminated with him declaring

"This is the kind of game that could be settled by a single goal"

It was 0-0 in the 117th minute

I just spat out my cereal. 

• 2 weeks later...

My sincere apologies if someone posted this elsewhere this week, but I was so incredibly happy to have a Villa celeb supporter (Reuben James in this case) on Lawro's BBC predictions this week. Feels like Lawro never shines the light on us, but I know I'm biased. 

[James] explained: "Where I'm from, it's either 'Villa 'til you die', or you are a Blue Nose - and I definitely wasn't going to become a Blue Nose!

"My dad took me down the Villa every week and I just fell in love with them.

"Dwight Yorke was a massive hero of mine - I was a striker too - and football was my life for a long time until I found music. I was very upset when he left for Manchester United.

Edited by Marka Ragnos
  • Like 3

4 hours ago, Marka Ragnos said:

My sincere apologies if someone posted this elsewhere this week, but I was so incredibly happy to have a Villa celeb supporter (Reuben James in this case) on Lawro's BBC predictions this week. Feels like Lawro never shines the light on us, but I know I'm biased. 

Lawro has been doing nothing but praise Villa since Gerrard came in. 

Speaking of Lawro he has a weekly piece on Irish radio now and wow his opinions are actually quite interesting and knowledgable when it comes to football. It seems the BBC are encouraging him to do the Dad jokes and water down expertise like they do with Souness

• Like 1

On 18/02/2022 at 08:14, Zatman said:

Lawro has been doing nothing but praise Villa since Gerrard came in. 

Speaking of Lawro he has a weekly piece on Irish radio now and wow his opinions are actually quite interesting and knowledgable when it comes to football. It seems the BBC are encouraging him to do the Dad jokes and water down expertise like they do with Souness

As a pundit Lawro has always been pretty decent.

It's as a co commentator where he is absolutely **** awful

4 hours ago, will87 said:

I'm not quite sure what it is about him that have Sky and BBC both clambering for his services, a complete non-entity of a player as well.

He is the City guy.... Thats it 

City have had greater players but they are sadly foreign to be SKY approved

13 hours ago, will87 said:

I'm not quite sure what it is about him that have Sky and BBC both clambering for his services, a complete non-entity of a player as well.

It don't really need spelling out?

Anyway, Claire Rafferty commentating on the Arsenal womens game on SSN. If I was here BF I'd get her into rehab.

13 hours ago, will87 said:

He's a great positive personality. Sometimes took sense sometimes talks absolute waffle like most of them.

Now we aren't paying him 30k -60k for his cheerleading services I think he's a great watch.

• Like 3

What I find funny is that Citeh are so new that he's the only ex player available for the biased scum6 supporting media to use.

Edit, I agree with most that he is a brain dead fart in the wind.

Edited by Phil Silvers
  • Like 1

3 hours ago, rodders0223 said:

He's a great positive personality. Sometimes took sense sometimes talks absolute waffle like most of them.

Now we aren't paying him 30k -60k for his cheerleading services I think he's a great watch.

I agree; I'd far rather Richards, who at least looks like it's a pleasure to be there and like he enjoys watching football, than some bitter miseryguts moaning on like he's got the worst job in the world the way Souness and especially Lawrenson do.

• Like 3

Â