Ashley Westwood

Nabby

46 minutes ago, Keyblade said:

If Westwood isn't brave enough on the ball, then the rest of our midfield are certified cowards.

well amazingly until last week he was our senior midfielder in the squad so he should be showing responsibility

On 26 August 2016 at 14:32, StefanAVFC said:

"Pirlo clone"?

why is that people need to resort to ridiculous, condescending comments? 

All im seeing here is one side saying that Westwood has started well and is worth keeping  and the other side is adamant he's shit and making sarcastic remarks. 

If people were saying he's amazing, pirlo-esque etc I'd get the ridicule but literally nobody is. 

Thats what exaggerating a point does, folk get carried away on both side.........I don' recall many saying he was shit either......Lightweight and in effective has been the main descriptions.....and I don't recall many saying he should be moved on.

I think the debate started by looking for improvement in our performances and ultimately results......but for sure there are others that need to improve.

I think today is the last we'll see of the fraud Westwood in a Villa shirt as a starter in any case. A blind man would tell you he's been a weak link for years and we'll finally see him replaced in the next game, and hopefully he'll never darken our door again. 

We have to put the poison of the Lerner years behind us. Westwood was signed during the years he didn't give a damn about the club and he represents everything about our disgraceful self inflicted decline. The sooner he's gone and replaced with a player worthy of Aston Villa the better because we simply will not be promoted with that man and his ilk in the team. 

Edited by avfc1982
  • Like 4

2 hours ago, Richard said:

Get rid 

Problem is if we do, then we are then light at the back and in midfield. Going by form at Reading and here so far Tishibola is talented but as injury prone as Kozak which is a bit of a problem.

The best bit of Business we'll do is getting rid of him if we get any money back it's a bonus. We keep on playing him every game and we'll most likely be in the same position as we are now, a point above the relegation zone struggling, as soon as there's a bit of pressure he crumbles.

He'll always be the weak link. 

• Like 1

It simply isn't going to happen. 

We 'bin him off' and our already threadbare CM depth gets even worse. 

People are so engrossed in their hatred for him, reasoning doesn't seem to come into the equation. 

Rate him or not, getting rid makes literally no sense. 

• Like 2

2 minutes ago, StefanAVFC said:

It simply isn't going to happen. 

We 'bin him off' and our already threadbare CM depth gets even worse. 

People are so engrossed in their hatred for him, reasoning doesn't seem to come into the equation. 

Rate him or not, getting rid makes literally no sense. 

100% this. He may not be the best player or even a decent player, but we literally would have to sign another midfielder that would add to our business. Simply not going to happen. If we sold him without replacing him properly, we would play Gardner more and that is something i think VT would go crazy about

Squad player only, in fact in an ideal world back up, we need someone to replace him in the first team permanently. Ideally a deep lying play maker type who can dictate the tempo of matches at this level. 

The fundamental problem with Westwood is that he never steps up and bosses a game, he is just not the controlling influence that we need, plus, when things go to shit around him he simply disappears. We just need more in his position. 

• Like 1