Ashley Westwood

Nabby

I only saw the last 20 minutes of the Palace game but looked like it passed him by.

Too much of us missing out the midfield, and when it was through the midfield it was a bit too physical for him.

Not one of his best games (from what I saw).

He'd still be one of the first names on the team sheet for me though.

Edited by Stevo985

Secondly you say it like you for cream your pants at the sign of one decent pass from him.

Fantastic English.

Thanks

I only saw the last 20 minutes of the Palace game but looked like it passed him by.

Too much of us missing out the midfield, and when it was through the midfield it was a bit too physical for him.

Not one of his best games (from what I saw).

He'd still be one of the first names on the team sheet for me though.

Fair play Steveo.

I too thought he was rubbish on Tuesday. I like him generally, but I think a lot of this season has passed him by.

He's a good footballer and I can see him getting a testimonial here, but I'd take him out of the firing line Sunday. I'd be interested to see what the improving Sanchez and Cleverly can do behind a link man. Grealish or more likely Richardson.

He had a bad game Tuesday but I wouldn't drop him at home vs Leicester as that is the type of game where we will have plenty of possession so we need Westwood on the pitch. Also his set pieces have been really good so far this season and with Benteke back we should be able to take more advantage of them.

I thought with Delph's injury Westwood would step up and prove his worth, but he is making me want him to be benched. I'd rather see us try a 4-4-2 with Cleverly and Sanchez in the middle. 

Agree with this -we don't need Westwood, Cleverley and Sanchez in the same midfield. 

Edited by Brumstopdogs

Agreed.

Sanchez, Westwood OR Cleverley and a link man is what we need.

I'd rather see Westwood than Cleverley purely because I think we should be sending Cleverley back so I'd rather see a settled midfield.

• Like 1

BBC saying he will have a scan on Monday with suspected serious knee injury. You could tell by his reaction he's done something serious. I doubt we'll see him for a year if not more given how long Okore was out.  :(

Edited by CVByrne