Ashley Westwood

Nabby

Years ago English clubs ruled Europe - they had very very few 'foreigners' in the sides so English talent flourished - now is the chance to pick up that sort of talent and PL is looking to do that - but not the EXPENSIVE stuff JG and MON went after

I think you missed a word here “British” talent. I am pretty sure every English side that won the European cup featured some people from Scotland, NI and Wales...

So weird that we are 15th and struggling, not scoring goals and losing more matches than winning, when we have all these brilliant players!

Who said brilliant?

And "all"? I named 4 players. They just happen to all be Lambert's signings. Funny how are best performers have been Lambert signings.

I pointed out four very good signings. Are you saying Westwood, Lowton, Vlaar and Benteke aren't very good signings?

Is this just another "hilarious" comment to ensure we have negativity in a thread where we actually have something positive to talk about for once?

• Like 2

for a few months now ive been saying i would prefer herd over westwood, well i can now say that westwood has really impressed me, although thats not taking anything away from herd

i hope the whole team can continue this streak

For his price, age etc..a super piece of a business. Not sure he'll ever be anything more than a 'good' player (although hardly a criticism) but in terms of where we are and where we are aiming, it's a perfect fit.

slightly unfair. He is brilliant and will be a top notch midfielder coveted by clubs for many years
  • Like 1

I know he got caught in possession early doors but seriously, how good is this player. Stunning signing.

Think he got caught by surprise by liverpools high pressure early on. I think a lot of young players would get a bit nervous after that, afraid of keeping to ball, uneasy in possession etc. Yet he carried out the rest of the game with utmost confidence.

To me thats a sign of a very strong mentality. Add that to his skills and consider his young age. It's without a doubt that we have a great player on our hands.

For his price, age etc..a super piece of a business. Not sure he'll ever be anything more than a 'good' player (although hardly a criticism) but in terms of where we are and where we are aiming, it's a perfect fit.

I think your wrong, Joe.

He's going to be excellent. Depressingly, probably too good for us.

If he played for one of the media's favourite clubs there'd be a campaign to get him into the England team. I mean if the likes of Shelvey can get in there why can't Westwood?

That said, probably best for us that his performances are going under the radar outside the club.