Ashley Westwood

Nabby

He does not impose himself on the game. He really is quite anonymous, and to me, the best midfielders are very noticeable,

Midfield is so important, and if you do not notice them then they probably are not having the impact on the game that they should have.

You've tempted me in.

So he can play defensive midfielder, but can't tackle, cover runs, anticipate danger, or cover space........so not a good defensive midfielder.

Get a DM, and move him forward!!......to do what, hes not a no 10 player, he can't beat a man, he doesn't score enough goals, and doesn't create enough.

I don't blame Westwood, hes an ok player.Hes not a good passer, hes average, hes not physical, hes not quick, and hes not aggressive enough.Why he is so highly rated on here is , to me , a sad indictment of how far we have fallen, that a bang average footballer is so highly rated.

Is he one of our better players?....possibly, but that doesn't make him a good player, we are incredibly poor at the moment unfortunately. 

• Like 2

With 4yrs of total rubbish most Villa fans have hit rock bottom miserable, myself included. However this does cloud the judgement of most, with everything just labelled rubbish, not good enough, get out. It's even been said of Benteke.

So I don't care what any one of my fellow miserable villa fans say, this guy is a cracking little player. If you can't see it got to specsavers, and then bring me some sweets home on the way, as I'm still miserable.

He was cracking when we got passed off the park at home to Fulham, Stoke, West Ham, Newcastle. He was even runragged by Sheff United. If Westwood is a cracking little player it just shows how far we have fallen.

He wouldn't have got anywhere near our side even 3 years ago, he wouldn't have got in the side when we had DJx2, McCann, Berson and Bakke.

Edited by Robbie09

He does not impose himself on the game. He really is quite anonymous, and to me, the best midfielders are very noticeable

I'd beg to differ. Many fantastic midfielders are most noticeable when they're not there, like Stan. (Note i'm not comparing Westwood to Stan or other fantastic midfielders at this stage of his development)

FWIW I think Berson was highly underrated at the time. Really tidy player, did well in the few chances he got and never understood why DOL got rid so quickly

He was great in that Manchester United game.   ;)

FWIW I think Berson was highly underrated at the time. Really tidy player, did well in the few chances he got and never understood why DOL got rid so quickly

mixing him up with Makoun ;)

You've tempted me in.

So he can play defensive midfielder, but can't tackle, cover runs, anticipate danger, or cover space........so not a good defensive midfielder.

Get a DM, and move him forward!!......to do what, hes not a no 10 player, he can't beat a man, he doesn't score enough goals, and doesn't create enough.

I don't blame Westwood, hes an ok player.Hes not a good passer, hes average, hes not physical, hes not quick, and hes not aggressive enough.Why he is so highly rated on here is , to me , a sad indictment of how far we have fallen, that a bang average footballer is so highly rated.

Is he one of our better players?....possibly, but that doesn't make him a good player, we are incredibly poor at the moment unfortunately.

You've just written for all to see that Westwood isn't a good passer of the ball. There simply is no hope or future for you in football I'm afraid...guards!! Take him, take him now, leave him somewhere near a baseball stadium where he can do no more harm to the football world.

mixing him up with Makoun ;)

Nope. I remember him playing well against Utd (it was around Christmas time) but I think we narrowly lost.

He does passes i expect a Premier Lge player to do, he doesn't do passes like Yaya Toure did to Dzeko on sunday.....that is a good passer.

He is probably our best passer, but considering it is the worst bunch of footballers i have had the misfortune to watch down VP in the last 40 years, that is not high praise.

Getting a DM to do the defensive work he should be doing is basically having two players to do the job of one. We should rather just be looking for a 'proper' DM who is also a decent passer of the ball.

Edited by Isa
  • Like 2