Ashley Westwood

Nabby

Ash is showing really good form at the minute.

It's been a difficult season for him and I know his game isn't everyone's cup of tea but he does have the tools to be a decent player in this league long term. I'd say the same with Lowton but think he's a lost cause now e.g. I don't think he wants to be here.

Ash is showing really good form at the minute.

It's been a difficult season for him and I know his game isn't everyone's cup of tea but he does have the tools to be a decent player in this league long term. I'd say the same with Lowton but think he's a lost cause now e.g. I don't think he wants to be here.

Yes he's played very well in the last few games

• 2 weeks later...

Played well again today. Seems to play better when we lose. Mainly because we always lose when we have plenty of possession and actually look decent on the ball. We only seem to ever win when we have minimum possession of the ball.

If we had more players who had his quality on the ball, we might actually get somewhere.

But don't you know? All he does is pass backwards!

Must be frustrating for him to call for the ball and Bacuna/Bertrand/Clark to just hoof it

I thought Westwood was the best player on the pitch today. If he could play like that every week he'd be in the England squad no question. Unfortunately he can be quite inconsistent which is a shame.

Edited by PieFacE
  • Like 2

I think we have always seen the passing capabilities he has, but now he seems more confident on the ball and definitely a lot tougher both mentally as well as physically. No longer does he seem to get shoved off the ball or duck out of challenges in the air, he also chases a fair bit now too, he boxed somebody out earlier I can't remember who to get us a goal kick.

Hope he keeps it up

My main fault with him was always his non-existant off-the-ball work and lightweightness (is that a word?) so it is encouraging to see that he has improved in that respect recently. There is also a better tempo to his passing game whereby he dictates the game more. Before he'd have a lot of games with a high PSR but without having any real influence other than the odd good ball.

Edited by Isa