Joe Bennett

Si.

My worry is that if he makes a mistake, after improving recently, the crowd will still be quick to get on his back.

I also liked the way Benteke and he linked up at the end, nice touches, skill & passing.

Hmm unsure as to the severity, when peoples backs go they're usually better in 2-3 days. So hopefully he'll have a bit of a rest and get back to training later in the week. The good thing is he has 5 days to get fit. 

Hmm unsure as to the severity, when peoples backs go they're usually better in 2-3 days. So hopefully he'll have a bit of a rest and get back to training later in the week. The good thing is he has 5 days to get fit. 

speak for your self, i herniated a disk in my back 3 years ago and couldnt stand up for 6 months  :P

he will make other mistakes, but he will learn from them. Technically he looks as good as any left back we have ever had, if he can toughen up and add a bit of muscle and stop looking like an 13 yr old extra from Attack the Block he will do well.

speak for your self, i herniated a disk in my back 3 years ago and couldnt stand up for 6 months  :P

Haha - it depends what he means by "back's gone" mine can go and it will be better in a day. My dad's will go and he'll be better in 2-3 days. Discs are serious shit! Don't wanna **** with those

Was worried he might get bullied by stoke of the weekend,but fair play to him he had a decent game. Hopefully he has tuned the corner for us

Mind you, the way Stoke played they would have been hard-pushed to bully a teddy bear.

Say it quietly but he's slowly improving. Still get a bit twitchy when he's in possession but he's learning. Gives me hope for next season if he continues to.

• 2 weeks later...

I think Clarke coming on to replace signals who will be starting next game. If lambert had intentions of starting next time out he would have kept him on last 10 mins. Hope im right in thinking this

Not sure it's fair to single out Bennett. We looked more suspect when he came off in the 2nd and Baker went to left back.

Are you on drugs?

To be fair I actually only started watching when we were already 2 down so perhaps I can't make a fair analysis  :D but there were a couple of occasions in the last 10 minutes when Baker was too narrow. I don't mind who starts on Saturday really. Johnson is obviously in good form for them and isn't and out and out wide man so perhaps Baker might be the best choice. Thing is I'd rather him in the centre than Clark.

Â