Relegation

Amo69

The Drop  

609 members have voted

1. 1. Will Villa Go Down?

• Yes
    • No
    • Unsure

i don't think that 38 is going to be enough this season for us.

we are currently on 34.

presuming QPR and reading are gone, we need to beat one other team to stay up.

wigan are on 31 with two games in hand, which means that they need 7 points from 7 games.... those games are man city, west ham, tottenham, west brom, swansea, arsenal and villa

everyone else has significantly better goal difference than us, and are at least equal on points with us or have banked more.

if you take wigan out of the equation, the other teams still in the mix are sunderland, stoke, norwich and newcastle.

that would mean that for each of those teams to be safe, they would need, four, four, three and two points respectively out of the remaining 15 points available to each of them.

even if they are struggling, i can see them each being fairly confident of achieving those numbers....

contrary to popular belief, i think that this is going to be one of those seasons where all of the bottom clubs pick up points between now and the end of the season and therefore the safety number is likely to be higher than the historical average...

O how rosey things would look if man city put 4 or 5 past Wigan tonight but can't see it. I think Wigan will be really good to night just hope city can do it maybe 3-1 city

Oh yeah!

Just done the predictor on the BBC, and a few goals from ManC would help both in keeping Wigan below us and evening up the goal difference a bit.

I still think our key game is the one v Sunderland (pretty obvious really), with the Sunderland v Stoke outcome being the other biggie. I think it's 1 from Stoke, Sunderland, Wigan and us for the final relegation place. Stoke have got to get results against QPR and Sunderland to have a chance in my opinion, otherwise they are done.

O how rosey things would look if man city put 4 or 5 past Wigan tonight but can't see it. I think Wigan will be really good to night just hope city can do it maybe 3-1 city

Oh yeah!

Just done the predictor on the BBC, and a few goals from ManC would help both in keeping Wigan below us and evening up the goal difference a bit.

I still think our key game is the one v Sunderland (pretty obvious really), with the Sunderland v Stoke outcome being the other biggie. I think it's 1 from Stoke, Sunderland, Wigan and us for the final relegation place. Stoke have got to get results against QPR and Sunderland to have a chance in my opinion, otherwise they are done.

What about Norwich? - they're on 35 points and are on a terrible run of form and even Newcastle, only two ahead on 36, who seem to be hitting the buffers too. Plenty that can happen yet. The positive thing for us is that we are on a good run of form - I just hope we don't hit MU when they are on song. I'd love a draw there but I'd settle for an undemoralising 0-1, 0-2 defeat

Stoke and Norwich both in poor runs and this weekend will tell us alot as they play the 2 bottom clubs if they can't get wins there then there are likely to collapse...Norwich I suspect will get a draw but I can see QPR beating Stoke.

Wigan are only 4 goals better off than us. If an on-form Citeh can give them a good tonking tonight then we might not be doomed by goal difference. It also wipes out one of their games in hand.

I really doubt Newcastle will be in this, but that would be quite funny though. Stoke and Norwich looks like the most obvious ones, no idea on sunderland anymore. Their confidence must be through the roof after that last win, so it will be exciting to see what they will bring. Hope we smash their face in when we meet them,and same goes for pdc. Revenge for what he did against us.

Wigan are only 4 goals better off than us. If an on-form Citeh can give them a good tonking tonight then we might not be doomed by goal difference. It also wipes out one of their games in hand.

Also facing an inform Andy Carroll at the weekend too

I really doubt Newcastle will be in this, but that would be quite funny though. Stoke and Norwich looks like the most obvious ones, no idea on sunderland anymore. Their confidence must be through the roof after that last win, so it will be exciting to see what they will bring. Hope we smash their face in when we meet them,and same goes for pdc. Revenge for what he did against us.

Good point. I'd forgotten about his antics at Swindon earlier in the season so let's hope we help send them down. Hopefully PL will remind the players of his little performance at the end of that game.

Newcastle are down to their 3rd choice keeper aren't they? The injury to Krul alone will be a huge loss for the rest of the season.

Stoke cannot buy a goal and can see them being turned over by QPR on the weekend, Norwich are in free-fall and must be gutted by losing three goals in the final five minutes against Arsenal and Sunderland will be physically and emotionally spent following their derby day heroics.

Wigan still have a lot of games to play in a very limited amount of time (8 matches in 32 days - in fact they'll play 5 matches in 15 days in May!) and have to face Citeh (A), Spurs (H), Swansea (H), WBA (A) and Arsenal (A) in that time.

I personally don't think they have the squad to handle that amount of game time, especially at the end of a season and with an FA Cup final to look forward to.

I still think we'll get something off Sunderland and Norwich (4points) before facing Wigan on the last match.

• Like 1

Until United tonk us next week and it's back to square one.

Until United tonk us next week and it's back to square one.

Yes that's the danger

I've just done my first predictor of the run-in on the beeb sport website. It finished up;

Pos / Team / GD / Points

15 - Wigan / -22 / 40

16 - Aston Villa / -25 / 40

17 - Sunderland / -11 / 37

18 - Stoke / -15 / 37

19 - QPR / -28 / 29

20 - Reading / -31 / 27

For us it was loss v Utd, win v Sunderland, draws v Norwich, Chelsea, Wigan

40 is enough...but basically, a loss v Sunderland is DEATH

Edited by hogso

I've just done my first predictor of the run-in on the beeb sport website. It finished up;

Pos / Team / GD / Points

15 - Wigan / -22 / 40

16 - Aston Villa / -25 / 40

17 - Sunderland / -11 / 37

18 - Stoke / -15 / 37

19 - QPR / -28 / 29

20 - Reading / -31 / 27

For us it was loss v Utd, win v Sunderland, draws v Norwich, Chelsea, Wigan

40 is enough...but basically, a loss v Sunderland is DEATH

Can I ask you where you see wigan getting 9 pts from?