Relegation

Amo69

The Drop  

609 members have voted

1. 1. Will Villa Go Down?

• Yes
    • No
    • Unsure

Nowich are gonna smash Reading this weekend so that (imo) will be them brought out of it near enough.

Reading could be a bit more solid looking with Adkins. Norwich's form is terrible, and they have to play us too, and if we beat them they would be right back in it. 

Nowich are gonna smash Reading this weekend so that (imo) will be them brought out of it near enough.

Reading could be a bit more solid looking with Adkins. Norwich's form is terrible, and they have to play us too, and if we beat them they would be right back in it.

I'm with roonst. I can only see 3pts for Norwich :( A big day for Snodgrass.

Just browsed The Stoke forum, the common consensus amongst them is that if they survive it will be at our expense. 

Let's hope candle wax face motivates his mercenaries tomorrow to dent their confidence

since key players have been fit.

Or since the manager decided to not play a stupid formation.

Just browsed The Stoke forum, the common consensus amongst them is that if they survive it will be at our expense. 

Let's hope candle wax face motivates his mercenaries tomorrow to dent their confidence

I fancy QPR to get something.

Stoke just look awful at the moment.

since key players have been fit.

Or since the manager decided to not play a stupid formation.

One is objective, one is subjective. And your subjective opinion might be ignoring the fact that with certain injuries, systems needed to be modified, meaning they weren't stupid at the time.

meaning they weren't stupid at the time

Regardless of injuries, sticking with a formation that results in heavily losing games is a stupid decision in my book.

Yes injuries dictate a change every so often but that was sticking with something that clearly wasn't working and resulted in some awful performances and results.

Indeed. While the 3-5-2 is being looked at as a massive failure now, at the time it was a revelation. That is until it completely backfired against Chelsea.

https://plus.google.com/106741222992400580002/posts/1gFn7DkHiBF was my take on it just after the Norwich game, before Liverpool away.

Lambert can hardly be blamed for giving it another 2 games before changing things.

After losing 8-0 and 4-0 why would you stick with it?

We then got out played by Wigan and lost 3-0 so what does he do? Starts the next game the same. Anyone who saw the Swansea game knows that game should have been over in the first 10 minutes.

And after all these poor performances with 3 at the back we then line up like it against Newcastle. And surprise surprise a poor Newcastle team look like world beaters against us.

Stupid decisions in my book.

• Like 1

Indeed. While the 3-5-2 is being looked at as a massive failure now, at the time it was a revelation. That is until it completely backfired against Chelsea.

https://plus.google.com/106741222992400580002/posts/1gFn7DkHiBF was my take on it just after the Norwich game, before Liverpool away.

Lambert can hardly be blamed for giving it another 2 games before changing things.

Hmmm. What do you make of of 3-5-2  now? 1-0 Reading, 1-1 QPR, and 0-0 Stoke is hardly tearing up the trees is it? So only the 4-1 Norwich stands out and the 3-1 against Liverpool. Arguably neither of those results had anything to do with the formation we were playing. In the Liverpool game they had 61-39 possession and 17 shots on target, so their failure to score more than 1 wasn't necessarily to do with our defensive solidity. The warning signs were there for an astute manager to spot.

I think the same Richard, we just can't seem to escape the relegation zone... If we do something good, so will one of the other teams. To late for us to have found this form I think. Fingers crossed for a spot of luck!

Eh? We're not in the relegation zone.

I know we're not in it, but we can't escape from it properly where by, if we lose a game and the team below us wins we are back in it! We can't get clear of it, no breathing space.

Hmmm. What do you make of of 3-5-2  now? 1-0 Reading, 1-1 QPR, and 0-0 Stoke is hardly tearing up the trees is it? So only the 4-1 Norwich stands out and the 3-1 against Liverpool. Arguably neither of those results had anything to do with the formation we were playing. In the Liverpool game they had 61-39 possession and 17 shots on target, so their failure to score more than 1 wasn't necessarily to do with our defensive solidity. The warning signs were there for an astute manager to spot.

It was a necessity at the time to protect the defence. But its weaknesses were exposed by better teams. The 1-0 Reading, 1-1 QPR and 0-0 Stoke were great results in their own ways. We absolutely dominated Stoke that day, far more than last week, and QPR had and still have some good players and we were the apparent fall guys for King Harry to get his media-willed first win against.

The 3 games that followed Liverpool were indeed very poor and thankfully an astute manager did spot the warning signs and acted on them. I'm glad you agree with that.

meaning they weren't stupid at the time

Regardless of injuries, sticking with a formation that results in heavily losing games is a stupid decision in my book.

Yes injuries dictate a change every so often but that was sticking with something that clearly wasn't working and resulted in some awful performances and results.

Note BJ10, the TEAM we put out in those games was weak in regards to personell, due to—funnily enough—injuries. As if it had nothing to do with anything. Also, funnily enough, we have been much better since those players have come back from injury, allowing us to change formation due to the players available. It is no coincidence that was the period we were relying on Herd, Lichaj, etc, with Lowton playing as a CB, where he is not the same standard as he is at RB. 

Edited by praisedmambo

It was a necessity at the time to protect the defence. But its weaknesses were exposed by better teams. The 1-0 Reading, 1-1 QPR and 0-0 Stoke were great results in their own ways. We absolutely dominated Stoke that day, far more than last week, and QPR had and still have some good players and we were the apparent fall guys for King Harry to get his media-willed first win against.

The 3 games that followed Liverpool were indeed very poor and thankfully an astute manager did spot the warning signs and acted on them. I'm glad you agree with that.

Ah, the "astute" manager reacted to a 0-8 drubbing by playing the same system to deliver a 0-4 at home to Spurs and 0-3 to Wigan. 

Glad we have such a tactical genius at the helm!

It's always interesting to go back to pages 1, 2, 3 of a thread, but this one is just painful. Apart from the odd lunatic, relegation was always on the cards. FFS too many **** ups this year. 26 points dropped from winning positions