Relegation

Amo69

The Drop  

609 members have voted

1. 1. Will Villa Go Down?

• Yes
    • No
    • Unsure

Good result tonight. If Wigan (a) had anyone who could slot a telling ball through the 6 yard box and ( B) anyone who could pounce on such a ball and slot it in the net, they would have won tonight but they just spend 75% of their time pointlessly passing the ball around outside the box. And that is why they are more likely to go down than us.

Edited by briny_ear

Wow that was close & to be fair Wigan deserved a result tonight... but then how many games have we had this season when we deserved a result only to f*** it up!.. About time it started to happen to some of those clubs around us for a change!..

So to Man U on Monday.. who are now on the back of a defeat & a draw & could be playing us to win the title if Spurs beat City!! & i wouldn't bet against that watching City tonight!!... Why oh why do we always come up against clubs just at the wrong time like this?!..Bizarre!..

Big win for Chelsea too tonight.. so glad they too are finding their form just as our game against them appears on the horizon.

Pleased with Wigan result. I know we are all guilty of it, but perhaps as fans we look too much into other teams games. I think bascially it boils down to if we can beat both Sunderland and Norwich then we will be fine. Even 4 pts from those 2 will give us a good chance.

Wigan are better than us guys, face it. They beat us 3-0 at home FGS. They'll finish higher than us too. If it came down to that last game they'll pass it around us and we'll play like complete dicks. Not sure why people can't see this and admit it. Thankfully we still have Stoke, Norwich and  Sunderland at to save us.

There's no point in admitting or not admitting whether your opinion is correct or not. We'll see who was the better team this season when looking at the table after 38 games. Even if we lose twice against Wigan this season, we'll still be the better team IF we finish above them.

Pleased with Wigan result. I know we are all guilty of it, but perhaps as fans we look too much into other teams games. I think bascially it boils down to if we can beat both Sunderland and Norwich then we will be fine. Even 4 pts from those 2 will give us a good chance.

Given the recent form of both Sunderland and Norwich compared to our own, those are winnable games - though the DiCanio effect might make Sunderland a little difficult.

Happily, Stoke are also in an awful run of form and should struggle to pick up points. It's going to be tight!

By all accounts wigan were very unlucky not to win last night, I think they will get 4 points from their next 2 games,

The thing is, we are absolutely prime evidence that playing well and narrowly losing to a big team doesn't mean you'll play well in your next games.

Wigan could just as easily crash and burn in their next game.

Never want to go through this hell again. I was uber-stressed back in '95 when we stayed up by a point, but at least then I was of an age where a trip to the local ice cream parlour made it all better. Admittedly, 18 years later and ice cream would still cheer me up but do I live anywhere near a decent gelateria? Do I f*ck!

Ive opened a justgiving account to raise money for a trip to a classy ice cream parlour and a trip to a Mr whippy factory

#cornettoforgareth

• Like 3

Yes there was never a better time to play Man City. Its weird that when we played Liverpool they were really up for it and in their next 2 games they haven't been.

Might have had something to do with the hammering we gave them at Anfield.

Having watched the Hammers last night, I'm confident they'll beat Wigan at the weekend. Wigan won't be able to replicate that performance away from home every game, and as has been said Man City were very tired, and with nothing to play for really could not get motivated for little Wigan coming to town on a Wednesday night.

By all accounts wigan were very unlucky not to win last night, I think they will get 4 points from their next 2 games,

The thing is, we are absolutely prime evidence that playing well and narrowly losing to a big team doesn't mean you'll play well in your next games.

Wigan could just as easily crash and burn in their next game.

I suppose it wipes away their awful last min point against an awful QPR side with 10 men for 70 mins.

They are down there because they deserve to be just like us. They average less than a point a game for a reason.

Wigan are better than us guys, face it. They beat us 3-0 at home FGS. They'll finish higher than us too. If it came down to that last game they'll pass it around us and we'll play like complete dicks. Not sure why people can't see this and admit it. Thankfully we still have Stoke, Norwich and  Sunderland at to save us.

Is this the same Wigan that haven't beat us at the DW in absolutely years

• Like 1