Relegation

Amo69

The Drop  

609 members have voted

1. 1. Will Villa Go Down?

• Yes
    • No
    • Unsure

You bloody fool Stefan, there's tempting fate and then there's pulling his pants down, tickling his nuts and sticking a pinky in his pooper.

Our Prem status is on you now.  ALL ON YOU. cool-unhappy-071.gif

• Like 2

Yes there was never a better time to play Man City. Its weird that when we played Liverpool they were really up for it and in their next 2 games they haven't been.

Might have had something to do with the hammering we gave them at Anfield.

could say the same about Chelsea though. Only game they looked bothered against a weak side was beating us

Wigan should of won last night some good defending and poor finishing cost them..and could be reason they go down.They were same at QPR even with an extra man they couldn't score untill Tarabat ducked his head.

Yes they beat us 3-0 but our Midfield that day was hopeless.He are much better in that position now with Delph and Westwood settled more importantly on the break we will be too much for them IMOThe game has Nzog winner to relegate them stamped all over it !!

You bloody fool Stefan, there's tempting fate and then there's pulling his pants down, tickling his nuts and sticking a pinky in his pooper.

Our Prem status is on you now.  ALL ON YOU. cool-unhappy-071.gif

B)

if we avoid defeat for the rest of the season we'll stay up....

because of our goal difference we'll need 40 points really. 2 wins, dont care where or how we get them, just needs to happen - with that in mind. Sunderland is must must win. 3 points out of three games puts us in a better position

interestly i just used the bbc predictor - had us down as drawing with Sunderland at home, win at norwich away (think we'll get 4 points out of these games either way)

had us drawin against wigan away and staying up by one point ahead of stoke with them losing to tottenham last day of the season. My nevers couldnt cope with that...

if we avoid defeat for the rest of the season we'll stay up....

because of our goal difference we'll need 40 points really. 2 wins, dont care where or how we get them, just needs to happen - with that in mind. Sunderland is must must win. 3 points out of three games puts us in a better position

interestly i just used the bbc predictor - had us down as drawing with Sunderland at home, win at norwich away (think we'll get 4 points out of these games either way)

had us drawin against wigan away and staying up by one point ahead of stoke with them losing to tottenham last day of the season. My nevers couldnt cope with that...

Yes I had us getting a draw against Sunderland and winning at Norwich but had Stoke going down with 36 points but who knows, there will be some unpredictable results before the end of the season. Maybe we will beat Chelsea. Love it if we did and it keeps us up and stops them from getting a champions league spot.

I have been at both ends of the relegated or safe debate the last few weeks, but with an underlying we are down feeling! Still think we'll go down

Same here, I've thought we were down since the 0-3 to wigan. Never mind the 0-4 v spurs, 0-1 v saints, 1-2 v Newcastle, the 8-0 at chelsea, the most depressing game by far was being ripped apart by wigan and not one player looking arsed

Edited by Jimzk5

I have been at both ends of the relegated or safe debate the last few weeks, but with an underlying we are down feeling! Still think we'll go down

I think the same Richard, we just can't seem to escape the relegation zone... If we do something good, so will one of the other teams. To late for us to have found this form I think. Fingers crossed for a spot of luck!

Who was the last team to go down while appearing in the FA Cup final in the same year? Middlesborough?

It has happened. Here's hoping history repeats itself!

They had a three point deduction though would have been safe other than that.

Wigan have West Ham away, then Spuds at home. Then including the cup final, 5 games in 15 days. I dont think they have that strong a squad to deal with that

5 games in 15 days? jesus that's tough going isn't it. good news for us, if they get on a bad run in the first games then that's not a lot of time on the training ground to try and sort it out, same with adjusting the shape if they get a couple of injuries etc. 

or are we clutching at straws?! 

i'd like to think we're capable of getting 6 points from sunderland, norwich and wigan. how we get them i don't mind at all. anything from man u and chelsea is just a bonus. a point on monday would be huge.

I think the same Richard, we just can't seem to escape the relegation zone... If we do something good, so will one of the other teams. To late for us to have found this form I think. Fingers crossed for a spot of luck!

Eh? We're not in the relegation zone.

We've got a very important end of the season but we're in a group of four teams in pretty much exactly the same position, with some nuances such as goal differences, games in hand etc. But we are in good form. Only one of those four teams need to do worse than us—Stoke, Wigan, Norwich, Sunderland. It's going to be tense but I hope we do good and continue showing the improvement of the last few months, since key players have been fit. 

Who was the last team to go down while appearing in the FA Cup final in the same year? Middlesborough?

It has happened. Here's hoping history repeats itself!

portsmouth

sha won league cup 2 years ago and went down. players will be very distracted, not wanting to get injured. I think Wigan, Stoke and Norwich look more vulnerable than us