Relegation

Amo69

The Drop  

609 members have voted

1. 1. Will Villa Go Down?

• Yes
    • No
    • Unsure

Anybody saying we won't go down, on current evidence, is just showing blind faith...

Before our trio of disasters, I could agree that there was evidence to support both 'up' and 'down' predictions...but, we've just conceded 15 awful goals, most of which were our own creation or our own idiotic defending, and we've just list 0-3 at HOME

That's completely fair comment. It does look, on the evidence of recent performances that we're in deep trouble. Lambert said as much himself, and he's the manager.

We are in, and will remain in the relegation scrap, because clearly, the side has not been and is not currently good enough not to be. The league table doesn't lie.

Heads in the sand or heads out the sand time guys and girls, it's your choice, but if you choose to bury your head, don't try and make out like the people being realistic [are] crazy or bad fans...we're just making an informed prediction looking at the facts, not the belief that things can change...

This is not quite right. No one can tell the future. Some think things will carry on as they are, some that they will improve, some that it will get even worse. It's not about good or bad fans, or crazy or sane. It's opinion about what will happen in the future. There are good arguments for any particular view, at the moment. Recent defeats = big trouble v Injury recovery and signings = we'll be OK, v inexperience and continuing injury and cost cutting = it'll get worse.

It's possible to make a case for almost any outcome, really. It's just opinion, and all have merit.

Three 1 nil defeats and people wouldn't feel half as bad , we'd still have the same points total mind

Perhaps not. And perhaps the players self confidence would still be intact.

The players now have zero belief zero confidence and are full of self doubt. Our manager looks like a rabbit caught in the headlights.

Their heads have gone.

Perhaps not. And perhaps the players self confidence would still be intact.

The players now have zero belief zero confidence and are full of self doubt. Our manager looks like a rabbit caught in the headlights.

Their heads have gone.

Yes and these things can change.

Yes and these things can change.

I certainly hope so starting tomorrow. We are currently a national laughing stock so the last thing we need is another drubbing.

Would be over the moon with an ugly 0-0 or 1-1. A win would be sensational.

Football really is 90% psychological and 10% ability. This is not a reflection of out players ability but that Chelsea drubbing well and truly fooked them up. Look at some of the football we played at Norwich and Liverpool the previous week. The only way to get out of this rut is to scrape a result and then the confidence will slowly return.

Football really is 90% psychological and 10% ability.

Bit mad saying that Wainy? Mental and Physical abilities are completely different and you need the right balance of both strengths. If the 90-10% was true I should have been a villa legend because in my head i was a fuking brilliant footballer when I got on the pitch!! :D

Bit mad saying that Wainy? Mental and Physical abilities are completely different and you need the right balance of both strengths. If the 90-10% was true I should have been a villa legend because in my head i was a fuking brilliant footballer when I got on the pitch!! :D

My psychiatrist was always telling me what a brilliant full back I was. I never believed him. Had I known what I know now I could have been a legend!

how we got a draw I will never know but with results going our way we look in healthier position starting the new year. Now need Arsenal to turn over Southampton.

Today makes me think that the football gods will defo help us stay up :)