Relegation

Amo69

The Drop  

609 members have voted

1. 1. Will Villa Go Down?

• Yes
    • No
    • Unsure

lol Barry wanted to go! So did Young and so did Downing. Barry's contract was running out and he wasn't going to sign a new deal.

And why did they wan't to go?

Like it or not it was because they are more ambitious than the club and our owner

lol Barry wanted to go! So did Young and so did Downing. Barry's contract was running out and he wasn't going to sign a new deal.

Yeah and they were not replaced at all... Well they were, by players from our reserves/youth.

Villaroy we need to be more self sustainable i'm afraid. How many 'Big signings' have the Albion made in pre season? Or in the last 3 seasons? How about Everton? The myth that Randy needs to keep throwing money at the club to keep it competitive is laughable.
He shouldn't need to keep doing it, but the policies of the last three years means he most certainly does now. If he doesn't then I do believe we will go down this season. I think he will pend though in the next five days and then throughout the course of this season big questions need to be answered.

The thing is, if we have a decent amount of money to spend why have we waited for the last 4 days of the window?

It can't be because of getting a good deal because every club knows we are desperate.

I can't see a sensible reason for why we've waited if there is money available.

We should be looking for a sustainable model to run the club properly. However, we are still suffering the final stages of the MON era, with the likes of Warnock and Dunne still at the club on high wages.

If we are to become sustainable we need a squad good enough to keep us competing in this league. Without investment now this will not happen. You can't just gut the squad and expect the team to still be successful. Only last season Faulkner was spouting bollocks about qualifying for Europe. We have a shit squad, I wonder what the aim is thia season.

If we'd kept our stars we'd be top 5 material

We didn't, Lerner bottled it, the rest as they say is history

you cannot keep players who want to go and we don't have the wages to 'buy them off'... the players have all the power now and have done so for the past few years.

All of our 'star' players were in the last years of their contracts and were not going to sign new ones. If we kept them, we'd lose them on a free and we'd be in worse shit than now.

This isn't happening just at VP because Randy is a shit owner.. look around, Arsenal are in exactly the same boat - they've lost the likes of Fabregas, RVP, Nasri, Clichy et al and it's only this season Wenger has splashed big cash.

The thing is, if we have a decent amount of money to spend why have we waited for the last 4 days of the window?

It can't be because of getting a good deal because every club knows we are desperate.

Absolutley. Lamberts been here since early june - it should be pretty easy to find players better than we have.

Its the ultimate irony - if we do sign players this week - they will probably cost us more than if we got them a month ago. as clubs know we are desperate.

If we don't sign anyone - I would settle for still being in the fight to stay up by Christmas - we look every inch relegation fodder.

Absolutley. Lamberts been here since early june - it should be pretty easy to find players better than we have.

Its the ultimate irony - if we do sign players this week - they will probably cost us more than if we got them a month ago. as clubs know we are desperate.

If we don't sign anyone - I would settle for still being in the fight to stay up by Christmas - we look every inch relegation fodder.

Just said the same in the Lerner thread.

Yes General, we know that.

But what you and Randy fail to understand is that if you sell your best players, then you have to replace them with players that are at least as good.

Otherwise you go backwards at an alarming rate.

Without further investment this week it will be a long hard season.

But I also think Lambert will begin to stamp his system on the team, players will learn their jobs and gain some confidence hopefully building some results.

Football can be as simple or as complicated as you want, if players have limited ability Lambert will assign them jobs which compliment what they can do, over time though!

Confidence is the key, the likes of Everton and Swansea are overflowing with confidence and look like world beaters, this won't be the case all season. The same way we won't have zero confidence all season.

A few players this week would hopefully come with a big boost, we need to try and support rarther than posting sometimes with such glee at our predicament!

Liverpool are currently winning, If that stays the same or they draw then we are bottom!

Last time we started with 2 losses we came 16th in the 2002/3 season.

If we don't sign at least 4 players in the next week we are going down without a doubt.

Liverpool are currently winning, If that stays the same or they draw then we are bottom!

Last time we started with 2 losses we came 16th in the 2002/3 season.

If we don't sign at least 4 players in the next week we are going down without a doubt.

Steady on there, drama queen.

I would say that the squad as it currently stands is fairly likely of getting relegated. It's just too weak.

Certainly, were I a bookie, I'd be putting odds on us that would place us amongst the favourites.

We have been close to being relegated the last 2 season ..we have not improved the team ,the squad is shockingly weak.The first 2 game's have carried on from last season so yeah I can understand we need to be patient but I think it's also right to worry about relegation.

Were you even there yesterday? That was diabolical.

i moved to canada a few years ago, so no, no i wasnt. i did however watch the match live, and yes it wasn't very good. same as last week, no incision and no creativity, plus we were torn apart too easily

that might have something to do with the team being under the control of the 6th man since 2010 though... just maybe

If you believe the squad is weak, it's not really 36 games to turn it around. It's 5 days before you have to make do for 3 months. 3 vital months.

It's hard to argue that the squad isn't weak.