Relegation

Amo69

The Drop  

609 members have voted

1. 1. Will Villa Go Down?

• Yes
    • No
    • Unsure

Is a lb and probably 1 attacking player going to really change that much? I just can't see us bringing in the quality or quantity needed.

It's clear all summer that we required some serious investment.

A left-back would help correct the lack of balance and make us a better side pretty much instantly. Whether that alone would make us good enough to stay up is another matter, as the XI we put out today was shit beyond belief. Another two or three players, even if on loan, plus Gabby, Albrighton and Dunne back then I think we'll be comfortable. Even then there is still a lot of work to do. Despite the cost cutting we are still left with players that need shifting like N'Zogbia.

Again.

something w ecan agree on BJ10. lerner has let us down. we got wage bill down and we have spent less than last season.

he should sell up if isnt even willing to keep the squad standing still. we have gone backwards for the last three years.

garbage

lerner has let us down. we got wage bill down and we have spent less than last season.

I think All Villa fans can agree on this matter, Regardless if they dis agree on other Villa Issues. Its clear for all to see, we need to spend.

I agreed with needing to get the wage bill down but we seem to have no plan other than to try and operate for as cheap as possible.

Lerner can easily move on (and get his tattoo removed) but we are suffering massively now and can't go and support someone else. Tha fans will pay the price for this. Lerner needs to start showing that he gives a shit again.

When I started this thread last week I was ridiculed for it being a knee jerk reaction and in some way probably rightly. It is only been 2 games so still a long way to go. But this bad run has continued from last season and when you look at the players we have it wouldnt matter if we had Fergie in charge, they are just not good enough.

I admire the optimism or maybe denial shown by so many fans. But surely even the most positive villa fan around can not deny we are looking at the drop this season.

When I started this thread last week I was ridiculed for it being a knee jerk reaction and in some way probably rightly. It is only been 2 games so still a long way to go. But this bad run has continued from last season and when you look at the players we have it wouldnt matter if we had Fergie in charge, they are just not good enough.

I admire the optimism or maybe denial shown by so many fans. But surely even the most positive villa fan around can not deny we are looking at the drop this season.

As things stand it is hard to disagree. I am still hopeful that things will look a little differently next week

As things stand it is hard to disagree. I am still hopeful that things will look a little differently next week

Its looking more and more unlikely.

Newscatle away, Going to be a very tough match.

Followed by another footballing lesson from swansea at villa park.

I can seriously see us on 0 points after 4 games.

Looking through the other 19 teams in the league it looks like a real struggle to work out where the 40 points are going to come from this season.

Jut back from VP.

I have probably been to every opening home game of the season in the last 25 years and that has to be one of the worst home season openers and starting elevens I have seen.

I don't put any of the blame for that at Lamberts door it is squarely at Lerners.

Quite simply a lack of investment has seen us having to field a team full of players who have come through the ranks but who just aren't good enough especially when you consider the senior players around them aren't top quality either. That is not their fault but it is a sad fact. Herd, Bannan, Delfouneso, Clark, Baker, Weimann, Lichaj should not be making up 50% of our side.

Two years of selling of our best players, flogging off some decent solid squad players, and not replacing them with anything like the same quality has inevitably led us to where we now are. Relegation fodder.

Without major investment and 4 or 5 quality signings by the end of the week then we are facing relegation.

The reckless way Randy has gone about trying to balance the books over the last two years and the incompetence he and Faulkner have shown is a disgrace.

Our squad right now is considerably worse than the squad that started last season off. We need 4 quality players, ideally more. The current squad, playing for a whole season is as good as down! Today was even worse than the home games we had under McLiesh... Can't believe I just said that. Lerner really needs to open that chequebook and splash some serious cash. Getting a bit fed up with Villa's performances ruining my saturday's or sundays. It's been none stop without rest-bite pretty much since the start of 2012. 1 win in 18 is it?

Weneed to strengthen big time in at least 5 areas.

Its going to take is a long time to recover from the previous 24 months and PL is a start. In fact KEA amd Vlaar are another step, but it needs a lot more.

I think it has to be clear to the heirarchy that PL needs to be backed or it will be a very toigh job.

Jut back from VP.

I have probably been to every opening home game of the season in the last 25 years and that has to be one of the worst home season openers and starting elevens I have seen.

I don't put any of the blame for that at Lamberts door it is squarely at Lerners.

Quite simply a lack of investment has seen us having to field a team full of players who have come through the ranks but who just aren't good enough especially when you consider the senior players around them aren't top quality either. That is not their fault but it is a sad fact. Herd, Bannan, Delfouneso, Clark, Baker, Weimann, Lichaj should not be making up 50% of our side.

Two years of selling of our best players, flogging off some decent solid squad players, and not replacing them with anything like the same quality has inevitably led us to where we now are. Relegation fodder.

Without major investment and 4 or 5 quality signing by the end of the week then we are facing relegation.

The reckless way Randy has gone about trying to balance the books over the last two years and the incompetence he and Faulkner have shown is a disgrace.

Well said Mark.

I think All Villa fans can agree on this matter, Regardless if they dis agree on other Villa Issues. Its clear for all to see, we need to spend.

yep this is the main issue and from what i have read on here no-one is blaming lambert but that fool faulkner and lerner

Well said Mark.

i agree DK mark is spot on