Relegation

Amo69

The Drop  

609 members have voted

1. 1. Will Villa Go Down?

• Yes
    • No
    • Unsure

Think we've still got a decent chance of staying up. Mercenaries won't give a crap about QPR, Southampton will give it a go but that will ultimately be their downfall ( can see a lot of 3 -2, 4 - 3 loss's ) so it will be between us, Wigan and Reading and possibly one more team might get sucked into it ( West ham or Norwich ).

All players are mercenaries  - you think Sylla would have come here if he could have got more cash elsewhere ?  - Weve had our easy fixtures - QPR have brought some good players, and I honestly think they will stay up.

We don't score many, concede loads, - I think us and reading are the certs for relegation. 

I really hope Lerner's willing to spend when we go down. We should have even more big earners off the wage bill then. Will probably get a fair bit of money from the sale of Benteke as well.

But its all relative - as we go down, players like Vlaar become big earners in the championship - so they have to go as well. We have to learn to accept that players who come on big salaries, won't always work out, will have periods of bad form.

I don't actually think we have that many players on over £50k a week anyway,  Ireland, Bent, Gabby, Given ?

But its all relative - as we go down, players like Vlaar become big earners in the championship - so they have to go as well. We have to learn to accept that players who come on big salaries, won't always work out, will have periods of bad form.

I don't actually think we have that many players on over £50k a week anyway,  Ireland, Bent, Gabby, Given ?

With some of the high earners going we should* be able to keep players like Vlaar, at least for the first season anyway. We need to do what Newcastle did.

*Although with Lerner and Lambert anything is possible.

Edited by Mantis

If we were to go down, we need to hang onto some of our most promising players.

To do that, Lerner has to show some balls and take the financial hit to support the players' wages for that first season.

It all depends on coming back up at the first attempt. If we can do that, the television money that we get from coming back up would hopefully reimburse Lerner for the previous season.

I think...

Right there with you. I genuinely have accepted relegation. I as many other fans blinded by love and faith for the club still have that 2% hope that we can string a few wins together and climb but it ain't gong to happen we WILL finish rock bottom and will be down in the same space of time wolves went last year, by Easter it will all be over. There's not gonna be a miracle it's over it's been coming since Milner was sold and o neill walked I never thought we'd fall this fast but we have. It doesn't matter who's to blame the list is endless but reality check here we ain't gonna get 5-6 more wins that's living in a dream world no more.

I am the same. I am not really even angry about it any more. It is what it is.

What I don't understand is that we are crying out for defenders and midfielders, and all we can muster is a French league 2 player, who may or may not be good, and some young player who I have never heard of. We have plenty of young and unproven players already, the majority of which are proving to not be good enough. Disgraceful for Villa.

I resigned myself to relegation earlier in the month, it looks like to mangement at Villa have to.

Not only do I think accept the fact that we are relegated, I genuinely believe that we will finish bottom. I don't think the manager or players have a clue how to get out of this mess. Our season pretty much depends how Bentekes form IMO. Whilst football is a team game, we depend on him so much. 

QPR will get out of it now

Southampton will be fine

Wigan will finish 18th

Reading have fight and will finish 19th

Villa 20th

Edited by PieFacE

I think we're gone but you never know with Wigan and Norwich to play in May I think Norwich and West Ham could get sucked down into the relegations battle pretty soon if their form doesn't improve, Norwich are on as bad a run as us but they managed to bank more points earler on in the season. I think we might take it to the line but fail to stay up on on Goal Difference!

QPR at home to an out of form Norwich the weekend, we could do with Norwich doing us a big favour.

Wigan & Southampton is a no win result for us really. A wigan win would be diabolical. 

Reading at home to Sunderland. It's hard to see the Royals not at least picking up a point.

Very good chance we will be two points off bottom come Saturday at 16:50.

It's a huge ask to for us to pick up a win at Everton.

Le Fondre 7 goals in last 5 games. How many in the last 10 min's as a sub. Wish we had fight like that.

Feed the Hare and he will score... His sub appearances are fondly remembered... But I doubt his stats were anywhere near as mesmeric as Le Fondre's!!!