The Drop  

609 members have voted

1. 1. Will Villa Go Down?

• Yes
    • No
    • Unsure

How did we lose 8 - 0 to Chelsea

We really must be dogshit

Whilst I am not making excuses - I do think the timing fixtures has gone against us:-

We played QPR - Harry's first home match for QPR

We played Chelsea - with Benitez recently installed - and keen to win over the fans

When Our injury crisis was at its worst - we had va run of winnable games

No excuse though for not having players lined up on Jan 1 - and the brave gamble of so many non PL players looks foolhardy now. With hindsight Warnock + Hutton should have been eased out more gently.

To be fair, it was a **** great time to play CHelsea.

Home atmosphere was still toxic at STamford Bridge,

Benitez hadn't won over the fans,

they'd just been to Tokyo all week to play extra games.

They should have been there for the taking.

I'd put my mortgage on it now. 

The one thing I'm not seeing much of in our team is fight.  Newcastle came to our place not winning an away game all season and we played so poorly for 45 mins that we gave ourselves too much to do.

That said, teams like Southampton and Reading play to their strengths and it appears that we do not even know our own.

Villa traditionally have always used wingers, now we haven't got one and we constantly play through the middle, which because our centre mids aren't very dominating, means they are nullified.

I don't know who to blame, the players? Whilst they are obviously not going into every match thinking "I cant be bothered, I don't want to win", they are making some absolutely horrific mistakes... regularly 

The manager? Whilst we know he's got his hands tied with regards to making transfers, our players often look like they don't really know what to do, look at the defensive shape against Chelsea.. there wasn't any.. Also, why do our players on seem like they play well in 20 minute bursts?  The one good thing about MON (and of course there are exceptions) was that we didn't start badly very often.  Lambo needs to get this group of players playing like their lives depend on it, but it doesn't seem to be the case.

Randy?  Yes, he's not giving the manager money, but he's already put a lot of money in the club (more money than any of the fans will ever know) and he's been let down over and over again.  But with the new money coming into the league, should he have put another £10m in which could have got us a couple of wingers or other players in Lamberts radar, raised the belief of the current players, picked up some players form and given the fans something to cheer about?

Whatever happens, the club will still be here come May, we may be in another league, but as Lambert said 'I knew the job was to strip everything back and rebuild when I came'.

Maybe, Randy see's a season in the Championship (if we do get relegated) as a chance to clean house and then when everything is in order, he may dip his hand in his pocket.

But for me personally, I think the lack of investment (I don't expect much, just SOMETHING), the dire form 75% of our squad seem to be suffering from and the fact the other clubs around us seem to have more fight in them, just leads me to think we're doomed.

However, 1 result could change that, but the later we leave it, the more difficult that result becomes. 

To be fair, it was a **** great time to play CHelsea.

Home atmosphere was still toxic at STamford Bridge,

Benitez hadn't won over the fans,

they'd just been to Tokyo all week to play extra games.

They should have been there for the taking.

It was the most shockingly tame surrender I have ever seen from a Villa side and maybe from any football team ever!

It hasn't ever really been acknowledged by the club as the completely disastrous shambles it was.

I think I remember Guzan saying that losing 0-8 was no different from losing 0-1, but maybe he can see now how different it was. Apart from the disastrous effect on morale, it puts us at a big disadvantage with our goal difference which will be a continuing handicap as we scrap it out for points.

Still, we go again.

Internally I harboured some sort of hope that we'd be okay and was basing that on what happened today.

After today, I am hurt, upset, disgusted, confused.. We are going down. There's no way we're staying up. Everyone is the PL is strengthening apart from us. It's really happening guys :(

I thought relegation would be hard to take but they deserve it.

Shit owner, shit manager, shit players.

We have home games vs West Ham, QPR, Fulham and Sunderland. We have to WIN all of them. That's 12 points.

From the away games, it's possible we could get something from - Reading, Norwich and Wigan. Possibly 3 points, at best I'd say 5.

That takes us to 37 points.

Big MIGHT, but it MIGHT be enough. However, I doubt it.

So it looks like our last chance to get people of quality in and stay in the division has come and gone

It looks like were down folks the last glimmer of hope we had has been extinguished 

Who else is with me?

tumblr_lyds23Tnxn1r2sp7jo1_500.gif

I've thought we looked good for the drop for most of the season but there is no doubt about it now.

Lambert needs massive funds to keep the team up. He has already shown he's not capable of getting performances out of the players we have.