Relegation

Amo69

The Drop  

609 members have voted

1. 1. Will Villa Go Down?

• Yes
    • No
    • Unsure

We could still field three of our back four from last season when Dunne is fit (next week).

Isolating them would make that difficult. Fitness and game sharpness would be missing. But they might perform to get a new club.

It's not over yet guys, remember that. There are 5 teams battling for survival, and we are one of them.

Normally I'd agree, but we are rudderless at the moment. Poor squad, poor manager who can't motivate the players or get results and an owner that seemingly doesn't want to spend much to keep us up.

we have problems all over the pitch. from a defense that looks utterly petrified of doing any sort of defensive work to a midfield with no width and a tendancy to try and punt in long to a striker that missed a hatful of chances today, including an open goal.

During the last 2 season I have remained cinvinced that we'd always just about scrape survival. This time I really am not sure. We look like a team who could go the rat of the season without winning a game.

The positives I can take are:

- we're by no means adrift and teams down there are as bad as we are

- we seem to be creating chances and if we start converting then we will pick up some points

- we have had absolutely no breaks whatsoever. We get no lucky bounces of the ball, bad officiating (I know you make your own luck, but...)

- Dunne and Vlaar returning could provide the leadership we're lacking

- by all accounts we made a good fist of it today, 2nd half in particular

I'm pinning my hopes on these few things running in our favour.

I don't think Warnock and Hutton are the answer to our problems. There are clearly issues with the players, particularly Warnock. Sometimes players seem better when they are not in the team, then when they play we remember why they are not in. If confidence is fragile, you don't need words removed in the dressing room. All the teams around us are looking for quality to strengthen their teams, yet we are not exactly fighting off eager buyers for them.

I have listened to Sunderland fans on a Radio Newcastle phone in a few times recently, and I don't think Cuellar would have made much of a difference.

How many points we need, who knows, but it will only be one more than the teams around us.

Southampton have a tough run coming up, Sunderland will probably go through the February, March decline O'Niell teams always do, as he is using the same eleven most weeks, sounds familiar.

Hopefully we can get a good central midfielder in to add to Westwood, a good central defender to take some of the pressure off Clark and Baker.

Bennett is starting to get fitter, with a few more games under his belt, I think we could see a real attacking threat start to emerge.

Bowery has looked decent in his last 2 sub appearances.

Things can only get better, probably. :)

I was fairly confident of survival until today....we have been 'doubled' by a struggling Southampton, on the back of a home thrashing against Wigan as well as heavy defeats to Spurs and Chelsea (and thats not even mentioning Bradford). I can't see where a win will come from. A team full of youngsters (and the senior players that we do have couldn't care less). No way back barring a miracle in the next 3 weeks of transfer window. Sad times.

Literally nothing.

Lowton > Hutton

Clark > Collins

Baker > Cuellar

And Stevens and Warnock are equally shit.

I'd say Hutton/Lowton is the only one that could be debated. I think Collins, Cuellar, and Warnock are all better than their replacements.

Edited by DCJonah

Worst Villa side i can ever remember in over 35 years. They have nothing whatsoever.. Crap defence, crap midfield, hit & miss (more miss) forwards & a half decent keeper or two. Now zero confidence too.. I have already accepted this lot will be in the Championship next season... All those around us are strengthening whilst we sit there going "Oh.. our billionaire chairman can't afford to increase the wage bill which has been slashed for the last 3 years running" ...Der!

Any team with even the remotest bit of quality about it would've shown some sort of reaction to the 8-0 Chelsea loss.... Our reaction?... lost the next game 0-4.. then the next 0-3... Then we get a lucky 2-2 draw at Swansea (should have been 4-2 loss lets be honest) scrape a 2-1 win against an awful Championship side in the cup & then get embarrassed AGAIN at a 4th tier team worth £7500!!.... So licking our wounds this remarkable history rewriting side come up with another corker of a reaction... They lose at home again against one of their main relegation rivals......lol!

What a complete joke!