Relegation

Amo69

The Drop  

609 members have voted

1. 1. Will Villa Go Down?

• Yes
    • No
    • Unsure

We seem to have no fight in us at all, so I can't see us getting out of this unless that changes drastically.

I can't agree with that at all mate. We showed plenty of fight yesterday. To a man they gave their all until the 96th minute. Its not been a lack of effort and desire that has taken us into the bottom 3. It is simply we lack quality in crucial areas most notably in centre midfield and at centre back. Those gaps can be filled though and we can get out of this.

I'd be less scared of relegation if I thought we'd stand a good chance of coming back up but at the moment I can't see it.

Me neither

You need to be a man to play in that division and i think the kids will get obliterated

Edited by AshVilla

I can't agree with that at all mate. We showed plenty of fight yesterday. To a man they gave their all until the 96th minute. Its not been a lack of effort and desire that has taken us into the bottom 3. It is simply we lack quality in crucial areas most notably in centre midfield and at centre back. Those gaps can be filled though and we can get out of this.

The first half was terrible. Second half wasn't that bad because Southampton sat back and defended the 1-0 allowing us to have more chances than we should.

Our players started to play after the first half. Where was the workrate and hassling the opponents we saw agaisnt Newcastle and Swansea for example? I dont have much hope for survival but maybe Vlaar can instill just enough spirit and fight against WBA that we get even draw against them but that is a longshot.

Edited by Jarpie

If our kids can't beat Southampton at home we have no chance of beating albion away in a local derby

They are going to crumble under the pressure i just hope we keep the score down and it doesn't become embarassing

Edited by AshVilla

im resigned to relegation..

im even thinking we will finish dead last.

I was thinking that myself when looking at the table.

Of the teams around us we have looked by far and away the worst of the bunch in recent weeks. QPR and reading both picking up points now as well.

Our rivals are all spending this window.. QPR looking to sign three players, Newcastle are getting Remy, Southampton will more than likely strengthen as well. It leaves us, Wigan and Reading just treading water not improving. I say it'll be us three going down and I'm not sure in what order, I think we could finish bottom.

Go down and we miss out on this.......

The existing TV deals, which run to the end of this season, themselves marked a huge increase in overseas income from £650m for the previous three years to around £1.4bn for 2010 to 2013. In total the current deals are worth around £3.5bn, meaning that the Premier League clubs are on course to collectively achieve an uplift of more than £500m a year.

Go down and we miss out on this.......

The existing TV deals, which run to the end of this season, themselves marked a huge increase in overseas income from £650m for the previous three years to around £1.4bn for 2010 to 2013. In total the current deals are worth around £3.5bn, meaning that the Premier League clubs are on course to collectively achieve an uplift of more than £500m a year.

Personally I think that kind of money will ruin the league more than it has given that the big clubs that can attract the best players now have even more to spend, the medium sized clubs can attract better players as they now have the money for wages. Everything will be even more about money than it was before. I'd like Villa to be receiving a nice chunk of money, but I don't see it helping our cause all that much. It does worry me that it pretty much locks us out of the Premier League if we do go down this season as any club promoted will have to face a league where every team is decked out like a top 4 club.

**** to the league cup as we won't be able to do **** all in the european competition next season with this shambles.

We would be out in the first qualifying stage against some group of, dentists, doctors, bin men and mechanics from some dark corner of the globe that no one has heard of that make up there football team so no point going for it in the 2nd leg. Just let it be 0-0 and let them have a chance of winning the cup.

They have worked harder for it than us and it shames me to say this but we don't deserve to be in the final!

RANDY HAS 18 DAYS TO SAVE THIS CLUB FROM DISASTER!

I also agree someone very soon has to come out and say something.. whether it be Lambert, Faulkner, Charles, Lerner and never mind all this bullshit RL don't like to be in the lime light we im sorry but as the owner of this football club it is no time for hide and seek.

A statement needs to be released with the intentions of this club in the next 18 days because if he cannot be arsed to invest and save this club then why the **** should we the fans pay this clown any more money to watch the on going disaster unfold! Boycotting could be on the cards!