Rino8

4 minutes ago, Zatman said:

Really no better than Rodgers

Yes, that second place finish is looking way better than anything Klopp will do. People will say it was down to Suarez but Klopp has had loads of money to spend/ available and has failed to land a quality number 9 and any halfway decent defenders.

7 hours ago, Dr_Pangloss said:

Yes, that second place finish is looking way better than anything Klopp will do. People will say it was down to Suarez but Klopp has had loads of money to spend/ available and has failed to land a quality number 9 and any halfway decent defenders.

Mane? and it was all down to Suarez. You can tell that by how Rodgers did after he left. Its like Barcelona not having Messi. Irreplaceable

Edited by PaulC

1 minute ago, PaulC said:

Mane? and it was all down to Suarez. You can tell that by how Rodgers did after he left. Its like Barcelona not having Messi. Irreplaceable

not really true though. Sturridge had a great season got over 20 goals and Sterling, Gerrard, Henderson Skrtel and Coutinho all contributed as well to the attack

Just now, Dr_Pangloss said:

No where near Suarez level IMO and isn't a number 9 anyway

Suarez was at the Messi level for two or three seasons I think. Not in terms if skill but in terms of what he brought to a team overall .He  instantly raised the level of Barcelona which coincided with them wining the treble and the following season outscored Messi. You cant replace Suarez

• Like 1

7 hours ago, Dr_Pangloss said:

But it was down to Suarez.

2 minutes ago, TrentVilla said:

But it was down to Suarez.

That's what he said wasn't it? :D 

Suarez pretty much got Liverpool to second under Rogers.

Klopp doesn't have Suarez but has had a shit load of money and a reasonable amount of time to find his own top number 9.

5 minutes ago, Genie said:

That's what he said wasn't it? :D 

Suarez pretty much got Liverpool to second under Rogers.

Klopp doesn't have Suarez but has had a shit load of money and a reasonable amount of time to find his own top number 9.

No it wasn't.

He said "people will say it was down to Suarez" that really isn't the same thing. For a start it implies that it may be what others think but isn't what he thinks.

But quite simply, Liverpool finishing second was down to Suarez. 

They got lucky when they picked him up for £20m to get that lucky again would be some doing.

Yes Klopp's spent money and he has improved Liverpool but Suarez was the stand out player in the league by a considerable distance, Klopp doesn't have anything remotely close to that.

• Like 1

3 minutes ago, TrentVilla said:

No it wasn't.

He said "people will say it was down to Suarez" that really isn't the same thing. For a start it implies that it may be what others think but isn't what he thinks.

But quite simply, Liverpool finishing second was down to Suarez. 

They got lucky when they picked him up for £20m to get that lucky again would be some doing.

Yes Klopp's spent money and he has improved Liverpool but Suarez was the stand out player in the league by a considerable distance, Klopp doesn't have anything remotely close to that.

Yes paid we similar amount for Bent at the same time

Edited by PaulC
  • Like 1

Thing with Klopp is I assumed when they appointed him the aim was for him to be the manager who finally won them the league given his reputation and achievements at Dortmund.

Brendan Rodgers delivered champions league football in 13/14 (should've been the title of course) and when he was sacked on 4th October 2015 they were 3 points off 4th (Palace were in that position at the time).

If Liverpool just want to hover around 4th/5th they should've just kept Rodgers and given him a bit more help on transfers. I assumed Klopp would lift their mentality but he can't even sign a decent centre half.

2 minutes ago, Genie said:

He should have sold Courinho for €140m and bought in a real top class striker like Bale, Aguero, Benzima, Aubameyang, Sanchez etc.

They already have a great attack.

They need a world class keeper and defenders. Midfield who can dictate wouldn't go amiss either.

17 minutes ago, Genie said:

He should have sold Coutinho for €140m and bought in a real top class striker like Bale, Aguero, Benzima, Aubameyang, Sanchez etc.

Definitely could have bought some quality defenders, Liverpool will never ever get that sort of bid for Coutinho again.

3 minutes ago, Dr_Pangloss said:

Definitely could have bought some quality defenders, Liverpool will never ever get that sort of bid for Coutinho again.

I do agree they should have cash in and strengthened elsewhere, I think that's a fair point. 

I do think the headline figure of the deal was misleading though, a huge chunk of that was dependent upon add on's and who knows how they were structured. 

As for not getting that bid again, we will see. They turned down £40m (and a penny) for Suarez and people said similar and then look what happened 12 months later, players aren't going to get cheaper that's for sure.

30 minutes ago, VillaChris said:

Thing with Klopp is I assumed when they appointed him the aim was for him to be the manager who finally won them the league given his reputation and achievements at Dortmund.

Brendan Rodgers delivered champions league football in 13/14 (should've been the title of course) and when he was sacked on 4th October 2015 they were 3 points off 4th (Palace were in that position at the time).

If Liverpool just want to hover around 4th/5th they should've just kept Rodgers and given him a bit more help on transfers. I assumed Klopp would lift their mentality but he can't even sign a decent centre half.

But then the standards of the Manchester squads have risen and City have Pep so its a an unrealistic expectation. yes he should have sorted the defence out but he was expecting to get Van Dijk. I also think its the style of play which puts extra pressure on the defence. You cant be high pressing and ultra attacking and not concede goals. unless your Barcelona under Pep

• Like 1

1 hour ago, PaulC said:

But then the standards of the Manchester squads have risen and City have Pep so its a an unrealistic expectation. yes he should have sorted the defence out but he was expecting to get Van Dijk. I also think its the style of play which puts extra pressure on the defence. You cant be high pressing and ultra attacking and not concede goals. unless your Barcelona under Pep

Should've been better last season then instead of f(k)lopping after xmas.

2 hours ago, VillaChris said:

Should've been better last season then instead of f(k)lopping after xmas.

They shouldn't have dropped so many points against the lesser teams I agree because their record against the big teams was better than anybodys. Bit like us with Kodjia they didn't do so well without Mane

Edited by PaulC

Â