Rino8

I think Liverpool have been preparing for one or both of Mane and Salah leaving with the signings of Jota and more recently Diaz. 

Both have settled in well and fit in seamlessly with Klopp’s style. 

They’ll be there or thereabouts next season no doubt. 

36 minutes ago, theboyangel said:

I think Liverpool have been preparing for one or both of Mane and Salah leaving with the signings of Jota and more recently Diaz. 

yep, diaz in particular looks like he'll have a big year next year

feels strange to talk about decline when they've just won 2 cups, come within 15 mins of winning the PL vs a man city team that must be edging towards the best ever PL team conversation and lost a CL final

they will be ok next season

• Like 1

8 minutes ago, villa4europe said:

yep, diaz in particular looks like he'll have a big year next year

feels strange to talk about decline when they've just won 2 cups, come within 15 mins of winning the PL vs a man city team that must be edging towards the best ever PL team conversation and lost a CL final

they will be ok next season

Oh yeah, I don’t think they’ll decline as I agree they plan ahead and recruit well. I was just speculating why Mane might want to leave.

17 hours ago, Xela said:

I thought Diaz and Jota were purchased as part of the replacement programme for Firminho and Salah/Mane? Plus Carvalho has signed from Fulham. 

I'd be surprised if they spent big on another attacker. 

Jota's good with goals but he dosen't quite have quality to be consistant week in week out starter for their level so really squad player is his role.

Tony Cascarino actually said a few weeks back they should go all out for Harry Kane this summer which I hadn't considered. Pretty unlikely he'll leave Spurs with them back in CL but perhaps next summer with one year left on his deal.

Get the feeling Liverpool might have peaked a bit now as when you look at their midfield Henderson and Tiago are in their 30s so they certainly need a big statement signing there. And Salah might follow Mane out in next 12 months in attack.

Don't think they'll be as close to Man. City next season.

15 hours ago, Demitri_C said:

Ive never understood why no one has gone in for son? He can gi a much higher level than spurs

Genuinely think he's happy in London and being the type who's a big player at club rather than rotation option somewhere else.

He signed a new long term deal last summer amongst all the Kane noise so that shows he isn't in any rush to leave Spurs.

Although I think it was handled terribly by the French, I do think they have a point being somewhat critical of Klopp for encourage fans without tickets to travel in their thousands to help create atmosphere. They’ve just shown the press conference in early May when he makes those comments and with hindsight it was a bit silly. 

9 minutes ago, WallisFrizz said:

Although I think it was handled terribly by the French, I do think they have a point being somewhat critical of Klopp for encourage fans without tickets to travel in their thousands to help create atmosphere. They’ve just shown the press conference in early May when he makes those comments and with hindsight it was a bit silly. 

Nothing wrong with the entire city of Liverpool travelling to Paris. In fact, I would have gone if Villa played.

What is wrong is anyone without a ticket or a fake one showing up at the stadium. That is plain stupid. 

• Like 4

24 minutes ago, Mic09 said:

Nothing wrong with the entire city of Liverpool travelling to Paris. In fact, I would have gone if Villa played.

What is wrong is anyone without a ticket or a fake one showing up at the stadium. That is plain stupid. 

But the more you actively encourage to travel, the more of those plain stupid people will be there. I doubt he will make those comments again in the future no matter how defiant they may be now. 

Doesn’t change the fact that it was an absolute disaster class by the French.

3 minutes ago, WallisFrizz said:

But the more you actively encourage to travel, the more of those plain stupid people will be there. I doubt he will make those comments again in the future no matter how defiant they may be now. 

After the final last weekend he asked the interviewer where the next final was and said "book your hotel, we'll be there".

But, its never, ever even partially Liverpool's fault. Nope.

• Like 1

8 minutes ago, WallisFrizz said:

I thought the benefit of hosting the final was the huge influx of fans travelling to the host city, they even put on a load of fan parks for them

I agree with the original comment, if you haven't got a ticket don't go to the stadium and see what's about, see if there's a gate to jump, Im struggling to believe that anyone without a ticket goes there without that intent, fake tickets is something else 

Go to the city, enjoy the city, find a pub packed with Liverpool fans and watch the game, that's normal behaviour for away fans 

Edit - completely agree that it was a disaster by the French, their policing of football games is **** horrific 

Edited by villa4europe
  • Like 2

2 minutes ago, villa4europe said:

I thought the benefit of hosting the final was the huge influx of fans travelling to the host city, they even put on a load of fan parks for them

I agree with the original comment, if you haven't got a ticket don't go to the stadium and see what's about, see if there's a gate to jump, Im struggling to believe that anyone without a ticket goes there without that intent, fake tickets is something else 

Go to the city, enjoy the city, find a pub packed with Liverpool fans and watch the game, that's normal behaviour for away fans 

Edit - completely agree that it was a disaster by the French, their policing of football games is **** horrific 

To be fair that’s my mistake if the host city themselves actively want ticketless fans to visit. I thought it was more about just being a neutral location. Sadly I’ve never had to pay much attention to the logistics of champions league finals!!

• Haha 1

There's more than enough blame to go around here.

The actions of the French police are definitely questionable - You really can't go around macing kids and people in wheelchairs. When fans had been queuing for hours to get in and they look at their watch or phone and see the game is only minutes away from starting it's hardly surprising that a few of them start trying to push and surge to get to have a chance of getting in. That's unforgivable by the French and totally avoidable.

That being said, those that were jumping the barriers were committing criminal acts and the French had every right to deal with those people severely as it's a threat to the safety of everyone in that stadium. I think back to the bombs that were set off outside a few years ago and that's going to be in those police officers minds.

Liverpool do need to admit some liability here though, but they never will. There were definitely fans that travelled without tickets that made their way to the stadium to try and barter a way into the ground - it's not unusual for any club but it's got to stop. Their bell end manager should take some of the blame for that as well by encouraging it.

There also does appear to have been some kind of ticket fraud going on and thats a matter for UEFA and the UK police.

• Like 2

23 minutes ago, OutByEaster? said:

This fallout is going to last a long time - you won't find a more obstinate, defensive bureaucracy than UEFA and you won't find a more militant, unforgiving group of supporters than those of Liverpool FC. 

Get yourself a decades worth of popcorn in.

We already know the result. An it won't be anything to do with the Liverpool fans, ticket or no ticket. 

I cannot believe how much media of outside the stadium is being held back, I mean where was Kaveh Solhekho's footage from SSN of it all going off, he was outside the stadium all along. There is no way all of the fans behaved themselves after being sprayed and roughed up by the French police, an I admit we, an many other fans wouldn't, most of the footage is of families and kids. The one and only footage I saw of a group of  Liverpool fans, an they were kicking off with the French at the fan parks

The media are just being so so careful with this, not one media outlet has mentioned previous history, I wonder why?

• Like 1

1 minute ago, foreveryoung said:

We already know the result. An it won't be anything to do with the Liverpool fans, ticket or no ticket. 

I cannot believe how much media of outside the stadium is being held back, I mean where was Kaveh Solhekho's footage from SSN of it all going off, he was outside the stadium all along. There is no way all of the fans behaved themselves after being sprayed and roughed up by the French police, an I admit we, an many other fans wouldn't, most of the footage is of families and kids. The one and only footage I saw of a group of  Liverpool fans, an they were kicking off with the French at the fan parks

The media are just being so so careful with this, not one media outlet has mentioned previous history, I wonder why?

Might have something to do with the fact that you still can't get a news agent to stock the S*n on merseyside.

• Like 1

44 minutes ago, OutByEaster? said:

This fallout is going to last a long time - you won't find a more obstinate, defensive bureaucracy than UEFA and you won't find a more militant, unforgiving group of supporters than those of Liverpool FC. 

Get yourself a decades worth of popcorn in.

UEFA of the 3 might be the most innocent party. Surely they dont have a say over French policing procedures and they didn't supply dodgy tickets

Just now, Zatman said:

UEFA of the 3 might be the most innocent party. Surely they dont have a say over French policing procedures and they didn't supply dodgy tickets

The blatant lying over the delays being the later arrival of fans just sums them up though.

• 2 weeks later...
On 30/05/2022 at 11:31, theboyangel said:

Yep seems they've found £85m down the back of the sofa for Nunez.

For a club that claims not to pay big transfer fees -they sure have some expensive players.

Really not sure about Diaz - started off well but looked diabolical towards the end of the season .....including his CL final appearance - what a stinker.

• Like 1

21 hours ago, hippo said:

Yep seems they've found £85m down the back of the sofa for Nunez.

For a club that claims not to pay big transfer fees -they sure have some expensive players.

Really not sure about Diaz - started off well but looked diabolical towards the end of the season .....including his CL final appearance - what a stinker.

On the whole Liverpools buying has been brilliant so I would expect Klopp will make him a better player. 

• Haha 1

Â