Rino8

Sorry if this isn't the right place for this, but since we're talking about Suarez:

Can anybody explain to me why, after a Uruguayan man bit an Italian man during a football match in Brazil and was subsequently punished by a global governing body based in Switzerland, everybody in South America seems to be blaming the English media specifically, and English people generally, for the whole situation? I realise that this article, for instance, is clickbait garbage, but this seems to be vibe emerging from every South American figure I've heard questioned at this point. 

• Like 2

Sorry if this isn't the right place for this, but since we're talking about Suarez:

Can anybody explain to me why, after a Uruguayan man bit an Italian man during a football match in Brazil and was subsequently punished by a global governing body based in Switzerland, everybody in South America seems to be blaming the English media specifically, and English people generally, for the whole situation? I realise that this article, for instance, is clickbait garbage, but this seems to be vibe emerging from every South American figure I've heard questioned at this point.

I've never been comfortable with a win at all cost mentality. Maybe it's because I'm English I don't know. Ive almost come to accept diving I'm sorry to say, but biting and some of the viciousness shown in the video on the last page is just vile. We tend to forget some of the rakes of studs and eye gouging because of the racism and biting. The man is just vile, no matter what a great footballer he is. And the hero worship won't change him. Edited by Oaks

I don't know why people feel sorry for Liverpool here.

Yes, they are getting punished for something one of their employees did while not working for them, but they own a player who the know is prone to a brainsnap. They know he's capable of this sort of thing but they keep him because he's such a good player. He's a constant gamble and they've lost this time.

I also think it's unfair on Liverpool, bloody hilarious though but unfair. 

Liverpool could justifiably say that they knew Suarez was volatile but after his last incident they had tailored his man management to get the best out of him whilst cutting out the controversy. They send him off to play with Uruguay who don't know how to handle him and he snaps again. 

If one of our players does something crazy and reckless whilst on international duty we would all be livid on here if the player was banned from Aston Villa matches, it is hypocritical to think it is justified to apply to Liverpool just because we all hate Liverpool.

That tribalism is a lazy way of thinking. 

we did, he was a good player and did a lot less than Suarez, but still Doug Ellis ripped up his contract :(

I don't know why people feel sorry for Liverpool here.

Yes, they are getting punished for something one of their employees did while not working for them, but they own a player who the know is prone to a brainsnap. They know he's capable of this sort of thing but they keep him because he's such a good player. He's a constant gamble and they've lost this time.

I also think it's unfair on Liverpool, bloody hilarious though but unfair. 

Liverpool could justifiably say that they knew Suarez was volatile but after his last incident they had tailored his man management to get the best out of him whilst cutting out the controversy. They send him off to play with Uruguay who don't know how to handle him and he snaps again. 

If one of our players does something crazy and reckless whilst on international duty we would all be livid on here if the player was banned from Aston Villa matches, it is hypocritical to think it is justified to apply to Liverpool just because we all hate Liverpool.

That tribalism is a lazy way of thinking. 

we did, he was a good player and did a lot less than Suarez, but still Doug Ellis ripped up his contract :(

He had been terrible for us for the best part of two years, we couldn't wait to get rid of him so it kind of worked in our favour.

We saw an opportunity to get rid of a player who had no intentions of giving 100% for us again for less than the value remaining on his contract.

Edited by rodders0223

So Suarez has apologised for something he said two days ago he didn't do. Personally I think that makes him look even more foolish. Pressure from sponsors maybe ? I am sure it's not genuine regret

Barça wanted an apology before any transfer...

So Suarez has apologised for something he said two days ago he didn't do. Personally I think that makes him look even more foolish. Pressure from sponsors maybe ? I am sure it's not genuine regret 

Amazing. Denies any wrong doing, so he gets very publicly backed by his captain, manager, and president (!!) and of course it's all a beat up from the British press... then a couple of days later, "yeah, I did do it, sorry", which of course also means "yes, I lied through my teeth at the FIFA tribunal". Such an arsehole.

How is he going to sign, he certainly wouldn't be able to have the traditional holding shirt up at camp nou photo op. Maybe they will do it at an industrial estate on the outskirts of barcelona.

• Like 1

How is he going to sign, he certainly wouldn't be able to have the traditional holding shirt up at camp nou photo op. Maybe they will do it at an industrial estate on the outskirts of barcelona.

He is not going to hold his shirt up.He is going to smile,a very big smile and show his teeth. 

Lallana makes me cringe to the brink of physically convulsing

"Last season, deep down, I was thinking: hopefully one day I'll be able to play in that team. That dream is reality now"

Really Adam? :puke: Liverpool have had one good season in about 4 mate what you going to do when they fail to qualify for the CL next season

Edited by AshVilla

Lallana makes me cringe to the brink of physically convulsing

"Last season, deep down, I was thinking: hopefully one day I'll be able to play in that team. That dream is reality now"

Really Adam? :puke: Liverpool have had one good season in about 4 mate what you going to do when they fail to qualify for the CL next season

Southampton fans are going to luuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuurve hearing him say that.

What makes me cringe and seethe even more is that he looks so very, very happy - barely a week after our world cup capitulation. I'm still smarting from it now however, and having to come to my workplace of misery for a whole year to earn what he gets in however many days.

Another little cock who has fallen on his feet.

and having to come to my workplace of misery for a whole year to earn what he gets in however many days.

Not pointing the finger at yourself but I wonder how many people who make this argument pay Sky over the money that makes his ridiculous wage a reality?

• Like 1

Â