Speculation: Steven Fletcher (Wolves)

KjParton

• Replies 591
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Wolves paid £7m for Fletcher and he has proven himself (to an extent in the PL since) he isn't going to now be sold by them for anything close to what they paid for him regardless of what he is technically worth.

Surely when they forked out the 7m on him though they were expecting roughly the return he's given them - 10-12 Prem goals a season?

Wolves paid £7m for Fletcher and he has proven himself (to an extent in the PL since) he isn't going to now be sold by them for anything close to what they paid for him regardless of what he is technically worth.

Surely when they forked out the 7m on him though they were expecting roughly the return he's given them - 10-12 Prem goals a season?

No they were hoping for them.

No he has delivered and they aren't eager to sell surely anyone would realise the price will have gone up not down.

There are lots of things you aren't factoring CI with your frankly daft posts in this thread, you aren't factoring that Wolves have already turned down a £10m offer for the lad.

I'm not wasting my time responding to this nonsense any more.

No he has delivered and they aren't eager to sell surely anyone would realise the price will have gone up not down.

Just can't see that it should have nearly doubled when all he's done is come up with the kind of return which I would have thought a 7m striker should return, 1 in 3. His half decent return which would normally push the value up slightly is cancelled out by the fact Wolves are no longer a Premier League Club so have to sell their best assets.

My wolves mate is saying that on their forums the word is that fletcher has agreed personal terms with Sunderland but a fee hasn't been agreed between clubs

That's what hearing too, it's all down to wages

Lads, we have dodged a bullet here

Just can't see that it should have nearly doubled when all he's done is come up with the kind of return which I would have thought a 7m striker should return, 1 in 3. His half decent return which would normally push the value up slightly is cancelled out by the fact Wolves are no longer a Premier League Club so have to sell their best assets.

Wolves are run financially well and therefore they do not need to sell

It's interesting Dempsey seems to be up for 10m (Last year on his contract, maybe why?)

And then Wolves are asking 12m at least for Fletcher (Maybe because they have to give a bit to Burnley)

I like both players and would be happy if either (Or both :D ) came to us. But I'd prefer Dempsey to Fletcher. But then, only an assumption, but I think Fletcher would be more likely to come to us than Dempsey.

Dempsey's at his peak. Fletcher can still prove and has an extra 4 years to offer. I agree Dempsey is the better player at present though.

Yes! Thank you.

:) I was making the point to someone that Fletcher may cost a lot because of his age and then I forgot to factor that in here :D

I wonder if both Guidetti and Fletcher will go to Sunderland?

Or will it be an either/or type of thing?

And Fletcher seems to be the one 'Old softly-softly-one step at a time-IMPLOSION!!' seems to be going after the most, so will that leave Guidetti free to move in for?

If he buys both, one will have sat on the bench for a whole season next year anyway and we can swoop in for that one.

(Liverpool after Guidetti too are they?)

Â