Ron Vlaar

irreverentad

I hope we give Vlaar a deadline to sort his transfer out. Last thing we need is to lose our captain on the last day of the window. 

be interesting to see if he plays on Saturday.

Edited by PieFacE

I hope we give Vlaar a deadline to sort his transfer out. Last thing we need is to lose our captain on the last day of the window.

be interesting to see if he plays on Saturday.

Agree. If he wants to go join up with Koeman then fine but let us get a decent fee and let us replace him at least before the window shuts.

I can only assume that he has been given signals by Vlaar to be confident enough to name-drop.

Regardless, it is still disrespectful to the club who are currently paying Vlaar's salary, and more importantly the people who have help develop Ron these past two years into a World Cup star. Koeman needs to learn how to conduct himself as a professional, disgusting arrogance from the man.

I can only assume that he has been given signals by Vlaar to be confident enough to name-drop.

Regardless, it is still disrespectful to the club who are currently paying Vlaar's salary, and more importantly the people who have help develop Ron these past two years into a World Cup star. Koeman needs to learn how to conduct himself as a professional, disgusting arrogance from the man.

That I agree with.

• Like 1

Seems  to me that silence is all the proof we need that Vlaar is keeping his options open this summer.

Unlike Delph, who has stated he actively wants to stay, Gabby we take it for granted...I've read nothing coming from Vlaar himself that he wants to stay. I think we'll do very very very well to hold onto him :(

Absolute nonsense.

Hardly 'nonsense' - It's an opinion, no need to be a t0sser about it.

In my experience, when I see situations similar to this at other clubs, where a player  wants to stay and isn't entertaining the idea of leaving, they eventually get asked the question at a press conference/interview/twitter etc. where they say something akin to "I'm happy here, talks are progressing..". In this case, there has been nothing at all. He's our captain, so you'd expect one of the more saught after interviewees at the club. As I said, Delph did at the end of last season. 

for what it's worth, I don't blame him. If I were in his position at my employer and my stock had just risen so dramatically. I'd be looking around to see what I could get elsewhere too. At the very least he'll get a massive payrise here. We probably lured him here on the pre-tense that if he succeeded here he would earn a move to the moneybags clubs in the Champions League. That's pretty much the way it is with any team outside the top 4.

I wasn't being a tosser.

It is nonsense, because no matter what Vlaar says or doesn't say people will always read something negative into it.

I can't count how many pages we have had since and during the world cup, bemoaning the 'fact' that Vlaar is off this summer.

I have heard nothing from our management, another clubs management or Vlaar himself that would give any kind of belief that he is going.

It is one week away from the start of the season, still no bid, still no manager trying to force a deal in the press, still no Vlaar coming out saying he wants off, still no transfer request.

Vlaar is not going anywhere.

Given the latest comments. I think my original point looks more justified.

I'd be gutted if this is true. Okore (Untested) and Senderos (Sub-Standard) would leak goals.

We know Southampton have pots of cash. If they are really going to pay 12 million for Shane Long then we have the advantage and can get the best deal for us. If Vlaar is leaving lets get it sorted sooner rather than later so we have time to reinvest. 

Brucey said that they inquired about Long and offered £7m and Hull said no so they came back with £9m and Hull again said no so they came back with £12m and Hull accepted after picking themselves off the floor? Southampton are proving to be this years mugs so if Vlaar won't sign an extension let's fleece them for as much as we can get!

I guess at £15m!

Full Lambo quotes:

Meanwhile, Lambert has made it clear he is keeping an open mind about Villa captain Ron Vlaar's situation. The Holland defender, who impressed at the World Cup, has been linked with various clubs, including Villa's Barclays Premier League rivals Southampton. He has a year left on his current contract, and asked on Thursday about the chances of Vlaar signing a new one at Villa Park, Lambert said: "To be fair to Ron, he has not come to us or anything. "We have had little chats here and there, but I think his main concern was getting back after the World Cup, getting fit and hopefully being ready for Saturday (Villa's Premier League opener at Stoke). "That is where he has been. I have a good rapport with Ron, so I don't have any problem with that whatsoever." Then asked whether he thought Vlaar would remain loyal to Villa, Lambert replied: "I don't know. "I'm not sure there is loyalty in football any more. So we'll have to wait and see."

Link

Â