Ron Vlaar

irreverentad

Vlaar is mediocre at best to be honest. He is nowhere near the top 5 best centre backs we have had during my 26 years of following villa, actually nowhere near the top 10

Purely for a laugh...name the 10 please if you don't mind cause I'm only slightly older than you and Vlaar comfortably makes the top 10.

Vlaar is mediocre at best to be honest. He is nowhere near the top 5 best centre backs we have had during my 26 years of following villa, actually nowhere near the top 10

Totally agree Vlaar is not as good as God (obviously),Teale, Niellsen, Mountfield, Southgate, Johnsen, Ehigou, Laursen, Mellberg, Calderwood, Collins, Dunne, Cahill, Knight and even Dublin. He is OK and would look better with any one of those listed above playing next to him rather than Baker or Clark. Vlaar is not consistently strong enough to be a true defensive leader.

Vlaar is mediocre at best to be honest. He is nowhere near the top 5 best centre backs we have had during my 26 years of following villa, actually nowhere near the top 10

Totally agree Vlaar is not as good as God (obviously),Teale, Niellsen, Mountfield, Southgate, Johnsen, Ehigou, Laursen, Mellberg, Calderwood, Collins, Dunne, Cahill, Knight and even Dublin. He is OK and would look better with any one of those listed above playing next to him rather than Baker or Clark. Vlaar is not consistently strong enough to be a true defensive leader.

Is this a serious post?

Is this a serious post?

I know Dublin is there for a bit of a laugh!

So you really rate an old Johnsen, even older Calderwood, the green Cahill and Zat Knight above Vlaar?

Hes not as good as 3 or 4 of them but the others are stretching things a bit far IMO.

Vlaar is mediocre at best to be honest. He is nowhere near the top 5 best centre backs we have had during my 26 years of following villa, actually nowhere near the top 10

Purely for a laugh...name the 10 please if you don't mind cause I'm only slightly older than you and Vlaar comfortably makes the top 10.

McGrath, Teale, Staunton, Southgate, Ehiogu, Mellberg, Laursen, Alpay, Dunne, Collins, Cahill

Kent Nielsen, Allan Evans,Derek Mountfield,Paul McGrath,Shaune Teale, Ugo Ehiogu,Gareth Southgate, Ozlan Alpay, Martin Laursen, Olof Mellberg, Richard Dunne, Martin Keown, Gary Cahill,

Wonder if any of you will be putting Vlaar into your lists when the next defender comes along?

Depends if they're better or worse than Vlaar I suppose.

I had a feeling KHV post would cause a big reaction, which is why I held fire with regards to a response. 

I think I have comfortably named 13 better centre halves than Vlaar, Concrete Ron is okay but I have seen better IMO

Saying Collins and Dunne were/are better than Vlaar is bizarre to say the least.

There is not much between them to be fair, a fully fit Dunne was better than Collins and Vlaar IMO

I'm still laughing at Calderwood to be honest. Unbelievable

I must admit he wasnt going to trouble my list, I'm waiting for Riccardo Scimeca and David Hughes to be mentioned :crylaugh:

Saying Collins and Dunne were/are better than Vlaar is bizarre to say the least.

I think they were both comfortably better. Dunne especially so.

Comfortably better?

HAHAHAHAHA.

I think they were both comfortably better. Dunne especially so.

Comfortably better, Dunne currently in the Championship, Collins a back-up at West Ham. Yep keep telling yourself they are comfortably better than him.

IMO Vlaar is more reliable than Dunne and Collins, and those two were more probable to make big mistakes. IMO Vlaar is about as good as Dunne was in his first season, and better on his feet than Dunne or Collins.

Â