Ron Vlaar

irreverentad

If that is the case, does it not constitute to tapping up by Koeman? There has to be some sort of recourse for this type of unsettling behaviour.

It is but it is the sort of tapping up that happens all the time. In this case, they know each other personally anyway so unless their private conversations have been tapped, it won't ever be punished.

Southampton will be in the mix for relegation. I'll have a bet with you if you fancy it. They'll be within 7 points of the drop.

I don't bet myself but I don't mind doing something like donating to a charity of your choice if you are correct.

Cool. £10 each.

I would love to think that as our captain he would show loyalty to us and stay.But we need to offer him a deal that will make a move to Southampton one he could turn down namely one that is not a lot less than they would offer him. This should already have happened but our custodian had his mind elsewhere.

If Manchester United come in for him or someone else with a higher profile than The Saints then all bets will be off. That may well happen so late in the window we would be left to go with what we have rather than to spend whatever amount Lambo would be given from the fee to spend if we have not already signed the player the club felt could act as an insurance policy for him should he move on.

We need to do a deal now if at all possible or once the window has closed if he is still our player. This will be an even tougher season for us without him.     

If ever a gauge was needed as to how far Lerner has taken us (backwards) then this sorry thread is it.

Say all that you want about Doug but we would never have been worrying about the Southamptons of this world poaching our best players under his ownership.

One of the few Lambert signings that have worked out & we risk loosing him to South fu@@in Hampton. Unbelievable

If ever a gauge was needed as to how far Lerner has taken us (backwards) then this sorry thread is it.

Say all that you want about Doug but we would never have been worrying about the Southamptons of this world poaching our best players under his ownership.

One of the few Lambert signings that have worked out & we risk loosing him to South fu@@in Hampton. Unbelievable

Oh really?

• Like 3

"Say all that you want about Doug" - We do Butterfingers and with good reason. But we had thought we could trust this custodian who came in like a breath of fresh air   but has stayed around too long for his liking and with what he was looking to do now a fading memory to the extent that our better players see us as a stepping stone as has been the case for too long whether it is to Southampton now or to Liverpool, Manchester United or City in the past..     

• Like 1

Oh really?

Just the mighty Middlesbrough with all their ambition.

Nah, I won't believe it. Good old Doug would never stand for that!

• Like 2

I'd agree with you the Southampton team from last year represents a clear step up but it's not that team anymore. They've lost half of it and the other best 2 players want out. They've just spent £12m on Long and if a Lambert done that we'd be going wild. We aren't content at staying up we was pushing top 10 until we collapsed at the end of last season and Lambert has stated he wasn't a top half finish. You may think we'll struggle but I and others think different. If Vlaar left for Southampton I'd be dissapointed as they aren't a clear step up and I doubt the wages on offer would be out of our reach. If he wants to go at least better yourself.

I don't agree. They have lost some players but they are reinvesting the money in new ones. Shane Long was grossly overpriced but he is still an option they didn't have last season as Pellè is Lambert's direct replacement.

Regarding us, who cares what our manager claims to be aiming for. We have been devoid of ambition for the last few years anyway but know we it's even worse being in effective limbo due to the ownership situation. As is evident by the fact we are probably going to not even spend £10m this window, we are doing the bare minimum to stay up and anything further will just be a bonus. Our situation is in no way on an even keel to Southampton's.

Vlaar's nothing special, just a good player. if you call yourself a premier league defender then should be at least able to do what he can do. It's only in comparison to our other poor defenders that makes him look better than he is. Give Lambert the money and I think he'll find an adequate replacement, hopefully he's been working on that behind the scenes just in case.

• Like 2

Its the Doug Delusion

• Like 2

No one should ever be in any doubt as to the nightmare that was Doug Ellis, it was under his charge that we went from European Champions to relegation in 5 years.

From what has been quoted it sounds like Lamberts inviting offers for Vlaar, guess he has also seen enough to know that right now Villa stand a good chance of making money on him.

Its the Doug Delusion

Was that written by Simon Dawkins?

I'd agree with you the Southampton team from last year represents a clear step up but it's not that team anymore. They've lost half of it and the other best 2 players want out. They've just spent £12m on Long and if a Lambert done that we'd be going wild. We aren't content at staying up we was pushing top 10 until we collapsed at the end of last season and Lambert has stated he wasn't a top half finish. You may think we'll struggle but I and others think different. If Vlaar left for Southampton I'd be dissapointed as they aren't a clear step up and I doubt the wages on offer would be out of our reach. If he wants to go at least better yourself.

I don't agree. They have lost some players but they are reinvesting the money in new ones. Shane Long was grossly overpriced but he is still an option they didn't have last season as Pellè is Lambert's direct replacement.

Regarding us, who cares what our manager claims to be aiming for. We have been devoid of ambition for the last few years anyway but know we it's even worse being in effective limbo due to the ownership situation. As is evident by the fact we are probably going to not even spend £10m this window, we are doing the bare minimum to stay up and anything further will just be a bonus. Our situation is in no way on an even keel to Southampton's.

Yes they're are replacing them but are they the same standard? Are they better ? No and no for me they're worse. We are stronger than last year at present and they are weaker. Just because they're buying foreign names doesn't mean a jot and having a manager that's not been tested in the PL can go either way they may have a lot of money in the bank but I'm sure the fans would rather have the players back. If we sold half our team fans would be in meltdown but another team does it and they're still seen as better than us? You seem to forget we was level with Stoke when we played them in March and they finished 9th and we went on an unbelievably terrible run so a top half finish isn't beyond our scope.

What the Hell are Southscampton waiting for? Lambert quoted saying no one has even picked up a phone and enquired. Start bidding so we can get the price we want. We should be getting our replacement in before we sanction any deal. Unless Senderos is the replacement.

In Lerners eyes 4 CBs is probably sufficient anyway (PS/JO/CC/NFNB). Dont rate any of them. Okore has potential but yet to realise it.

People talk about about loyallity even Lambo but Vlaar has been here for 2 years not 12 years!

People say we have made him a better defender? No one outside VP thought Vlaar would be one of the best defenders at the WC because he had being playing in one of the worst defences in the league for 2 years. His WC performances came about from working with one of the most tactically asute men in the World, if anyone deserves credit for Vlaar's performances it's LVG. If you watched he grew into the role starting off a bit dodgy but getting better game by game as LVG's coaching worked, LVG did more in a month to improve Vlaar than Lambert had done in 2 years.

The big question is have we offered Vlaar a new much improved contract or not? I don't care what the strawberry blonde tw@t says or whether LVG is watching and waiting. We need to make him our best offer now and tell us that is what they have done rather than the bullshite going around at the moment.

If you watched he grew into the role starting off a bit dodgy but getting better game by game 

Rest of the post aside, this is a load of bollocks. First game of the tournament he had one of the best strikers in the world in his pocket.

• Like 1

Â