Ron Vlaar

irreverentad

This is just more claret and blue tinted delusion I'm afraid. The figure I suggested is based on the reality of the situation and that being in the final year of your contract automatically devalues the player in question considerably. The value others are putting out ignores such factors. 

Of course it is a claret and blue tinted perspective, I want the best for the club in any situation, but it is a feasible amount for Ron. Ideally I want Ron to sign a new bumper deal and continue his progress at this club, I also see no reason why this will not happen. Ron is loved here and has made significant individual progress, you only need to compare his Euro 2012 performance to this World Cup to realise that. 

My figure is based on reality and his true value to us, being club captain and key player automatically raises his value much higher. And then you add in his World Cup performances and growing reputation as a quality player. I actually think we could get over 10 Million for Ron depending on the potential buyer or buyers, but that is entering delusional territory.  ;)  

Also yes, Lerner does have no interest but he is still intent on recouping as much as physically possible before then. He has already effectively pocketed the TV money by not putting any of it towards an acceptable transfer budget. No reason to expect any different here. 

Then Lerner will surely be holding out for more money than 5-6 Million that has been suggested if Lerner is so desperate to recoup. Not to mention, Barry (12 Million) and Young (18 Million) had one year remaining and were sold for excellent money. There is no urgency or desperation to sell from our side, unless Ron forces a move which is very unlikely. 

Edited by GENTLEMAN

Again, the key reason why most of what you say is rendered superfluous is being completely ignored. He has one year left on his contract! In that situation, the selling club automatically has very few cards to play. It isn't like the Benteke situation where we can just set an asking price and refuse to budge on it. We can possibly try that initially but any interested parties will be wise enough to then play the waiting game until the end of the window knowing full well that we will sell rather than potentially lose him for nothing.

Both the Young and Barry deals were done early in the window and they aren't comparible in that they were both £20M+ rated players at the time anyway. Vlaar even if he had five years left on his contract isn't valued anywhere near that. A bit of objectivity here wouldn't go amiss.

Edited by Isa
  • Like 1

I just can't see why Vlaar would sign a new deal. Moving now or on a free next summer would probably both be better financial decisions than signing a new deal now.

That depends really, I mean if Lambert does indeed have £8m left I'd rather he uses a chunk of that to tie up Grealish, Delph and Vlaar rather than try get new players.

I just can't see why Vlaar would sign a new deal. Moving now or on a free next summer would probably both be better financial decisions than signing a new deal now.

That depends really, I mean if Lambert does indeed have £8m left I'd rather he uses a chunk of that to tie up Grealish, Delph and Vlaar rather than try get new players.

Could we offer a wage now that's more than he'd get if he left on a free next summer? I seriously doubt it. I would imagine his agent will be advising him to not sign any deal with us.

If we bought Vlaar for 10m based on his performances over the past 2 years i'd be hugely disappointed with that and think money wasted. There's no way he's worth anywhere near that. 

Specially when he has 1 year left on his contract.

Edited by PieFacE
  • Like 1

Ron has turned into our transfer budget

With his age and 12 months left I can't see us getting more than 6 or 7 million for him.

To be fair that alone will pretty much triple the budget.

Â