Stephen Ireland

omariqy

I didn't want him at the time he signed and haven't been a fan since.

I do think in the right system he could work, he does however need some movement in front of him to suit his passing style. N Zogbia tends to try and run through rather than pass through the oppositions defense, he more effective in our team. Thats not to say im a fan of his either.  

That article has been proven time and time again to be rubbish, it happened the last time CI brought it up.

CI also slated him for not being available to play when he had a broken arm, and said he couldn't be bothered even turning up for trainnig. It turned out he was at acorns doing a childrens charity event that he had promised to attend.

This is just a personal attack by CI.

I agree the lad has had more chances than anybody deserves to make it at this club, but labeling him as having a bad attitude with no other evidence apart from the fact you don't like him and posting an article from a city website (couldn't have been edited could it!!!) is quite frankly bollocks.

Ireland and his reported 65k can 0121 out of Brum. Such a cocky, arrogant and lazy footballer, hasn't done anything since his days at City under 3, not one but 3 different manager. He is a rotten apple in the dressing room, glad he has been banished to train with the youth squad, not needed when we are in a relegation battle and players like Weimann, CNZ and Baker etc are fighting tooth and blood for this club.

• Like 1

or why is he branded a rotten apple in the dressing room? I know it's fun to hate - but a lot of people seem to just pull stuff about him from thin air.

I think he has issues trying to get his head right, possibly in a Collymore way, maybe hard to motivate. Lambert said at first that Ireland worked hard in training - i'm now guessing Ireland has got disillusioned and has not put in a good shift or turned up late, and Lambert is trying to motivate him with tough love. Although i cant see that working on Ireland.

Now all the above is baseless conjecture, a gut feeling, but at least it's more constructive than saying he's a lazy tosser who doesn't care about the team. Everyone is entitled an opinion though, I just don't get the levels of hate on here. If any player did come on this forum they would be utterly destroyed by what they read.

Edited by VillanousOne

or why is he branded a rotten apple in the dressing room? I know it's fun to hate - but a lot of people seem to just pull stuff about him from thin air.

I think he has issues trying to get his head right, possibly in a Collymore way, maybe hard to motivate. Lambert said at first that Ireland worked hard in training - i'm now guessing Ireland has got disillusioned and has not put in a good shift or turned up late, and Lambert is trying to motivate him with tough love. Although i cant see that working on Ireland.

Now all the above is baseless conjecture, a gut feeling, but at least it's more constructive than saying he's a lazy tosser who doesn't care about the team. Everyone is entitled an opinion though, I just don't get the levels of hate on here. If any player did come on this forum they would be utterly destroyed by what they read.

Ireland has been asked to play out of position & understandably he has not been as effective.The same could also be applied to N'Zog last season and Weiman this season.

I also compare the level of hatred he recieves to that of Collymore.I put it down to ignorance and personaly don't care if a player drives a pink car,smokes a pipe or looks surly off the pitch.

I believe that the only position Ireland can play is "in the hole" behind the striker,as Young did in his final season for us.It is plain stupid to expect him to be a 20 pace box to box player or one that will win 50-50 tackles-There should be other players on the pitch for those roles.As he hasn't had a decent run of 10 odd games in this position,I will give him the benefit of the doubt.His move here hasn't worked out and I think it would be best for both parties to part company as soon as possible

even though ireland is probably our most 'experienced' centre mid at the moment, its proved that hes probably the laziest out of all of them as well

he can thrive, but doesnt, he clearly didnt want to come here as he knew he wasnt going to win anything, although he played well in a couple of cup games when we thought we might pick up silverware, but generally, alot of people didnt want him here either

he still young and an irish international, £4m would be a good price for him, £3m more realistic

(sell delph and bannan as well for combined £3m, thats £6m to buy a new playmaker with)

Edited by AndyBM

I think he was given his final Chance by PL in the 2nd leg v Bradford. Ireland was played centre mid and was given the stage to become a hero and really kick start his villa career.

Instead what predictably happened was that Ireland was outmuscled outfought and just didn't show the desire effort skill or determination of his much lower league opponents. It really was a wretched show from him and I think lambert has now called time on him.

I think he was given his final Chance by PL in the 2nd leg v Bradford. Ireland was played centre mid and was given the stage to become a hero and really kick start his villa career.

Instead what predictably happened was that Ireland was outmuscled outfought and just didn't show the desire effort skill or determination of his much lower league opponents. It really was a wretched show from him and I think lambert has now called time on him.

Well what a pity Clark,Bannan & Bennet have not been given their final chance as well then.

I wonder what it says about the rest of our team then considering Ireland was the best of a bad bunch that game.

Really he wasn't .

There wasn't a lot wrong with the teams first half performance & we were unlucky to only be one goal to the good.Ireland certainly played his part.The second half was desperate with no player covering himself in glory and the whole shape and tactics of the team went out of the window as we became more & more desperate.Not sure how Ireland can be singled out for blame and I'd guess he was subbed at some point in the second half as well.

The reason Ireland doesn't figure is that PL's preferred line up is Benteke up front,Gabby & Weiman behind him with N'Zog in the free role.This means the remaining two midfielders must be industrious which is not Irelands game.You obviously don't like Ireland which is fine but you seem to be allowing your dislike of the bloke blinker your opinion of him as a player.I don't like Warnock particularly but I would have had him ahead of Bennett all day long this season and I like Bennett and wish nothing more than he can make it at this level.

I think it was between Ireland and NZogbia to claim the "nr 10" role and NZogbia has won the contest hands down (for now at least)

That's because he's been given a consistent run of games to prove himself, and slowly but surely he has. Contrast that with Ireland who even when given a chance is dropped the next game (and usually for the foreseeable future) regardless of how well he played. N'Zogbia bar these past few games has been largely rubbish since he came here, yet in that time you rarely saw anybody mentioning how much he makess (as if it's even relevant) if ever. 

Â