Stephen Ireland

omariqy

Which is silly because he was the best of a bad bunch in that game. He seems to be a scapegoat for fans and oddly managers alike for whatever reason.

Lambert has done exactly the same cold shoulder treatment to the likes of, Hutton, Bent, Ireland, Warnock, Given Ect 

Disgusting and disgracful IMHO! Not the professional way to treat human beings.

But arguably a very professional way to treat unprofessional professionals - with the exception of Given, there are some poor examples to our young pros on that list.

hard to say they are unprofessionals though. As bad as Warnock and Hutton are ive never really felt was lack of effort but talent that cost them

Especially Hutton. I ve never rated the guy but I dont think hes been anything other than professional. Just unfortunately not very good.

I don't think Lambert has given Given the cold shoulder either.

He dropped him, but he deserved to be dropped and Guzan's deserved to keep his place. He played Given in all the cup games.

How exactly is that giving him the cold shoulder? Certainly don't think you can class it as "disgusting and disgraceful"!

• Like 1

Once they equalized, our midfield lacked sufficient creativity against Fulham to break down their stubborn defence, so maybe Ireland would've been an option?

How many chances does he need?

Personally, im sick of hearing about him. Lets just see his past as the yardstick it is, and wish him well at somewhere else ;)

• Like 1

Once they equalized, our midfield lacked sufficient creativity against Fulham to break down their stubborn defence, so maybe Ireland would've been an option?

He couldnt unlock Bradford I doubt he'd have done anything v fulham

He has the ability but unfortunately not the right attitude and with his wages i can only see him leaving on loan in the summer maybe to the french league.

Do you not think the MLS may be an option?

I'm sure we will want to get him off our payroll, but what other premiere league side will take unless he takes a 90% cut in wages.

Could we not just loan him out? Sure, we'd still be paying 90% of his wages....

... but we'd be saving 10%! That's 8k per week!

How long has he got left on his contract? Cant be more than a year can it. The amount of money we have wasted on long-term contacts with new signings is ridiculous. That's why I don't blame Lerner. They should only give 4 year contracts to really good young players like Benteke and Weimann

For me, he's probably the biggest let down of a signing I can remember for a long time. I don't know exactly why it hasn't worked out although I'm sure a few injuries, not really having a run in the team and being played in several positions have added to it but whatever the reason I don't subscribe to the lazy or don't care tags he is given. I don't know of any trouble he's caused, I have heard and seen him training hard and on the pitch I don't see a player not putting effort in, its almost a perception that has now become reality.

Shame really but he should be moved on as its just not happening.

• Like 1

Â