Stephen Ireland

omariqy

His days are obviously numbered here. When Lambert brings on a centre half with zero experience as a midfielder in preference at a vital stage of a crucial game, then it's Goodnight Vienna.

Let's hope we don't sell him to a relegation rival as he still has quality. I'd like to see him shipped abroad.

Let's hope we don't sell him to a relegation rival as he still has quality. I'd like to see him shipped abroad.

I'd like to see him stay - it's only a couple of games and he has been in the squad... Maybe a touch of a niggle. We look more composed with him in the team for sure.

yup, second striker in a 4-4-1-1 would be ideal for ireland, but we aren't playing that way, or at the top of a diamond with bent and benteke up front woudl be really attacking but we don't play like that either. centrally in a 4-2-3-1 (which we DO play) as part of the 3 he should be pushed up and run beyond the striker as often as possible. that's something we could do, but would leave us light in the middle if the other players in the 3 are gabby and weimann.

personally i'd prefer to see him playing, same with bent, but if the other players we have fit better together in a shape that doesn't suit them we can't play a team that suits two talented players and compromises the other 9. makes more sense to play 11 in a way that suits them all.

freeing up £140k a week in wages is £7m+ a year. we need more numbers in the squad, i'd trust lambert/henke to find 4 or 5 players to bolster and improve the squad with those resources. so if they aren't going to play, they should go, sellers market in jan too. seems to all add up at the mo...

That's football.

why is that in any way football? i don't get your point.

i just think it is madness to leave out better players with obvious talent. If you need goals, but the players that get you goals don't fit in the team set-up, change the set-up. It's not hard. if ireland and bent will get us goals, build a team around them, because what we need is goals! not a team of youngsters that try hard. i like the players that are currently in the team but the fact is for the last 2 games we have been lucky not to get torn apart, lucky the other team hasn't shown up either.

Ireland doesn't score and gets very few assists albeit he did well when he came on v Reading and we looked better / sharper going forward

Overall though for 68k a week I'd expect a lot more

Â