General Krulak (No Transfer Questions allowed)

c-krulak

General this isn't a question on the forbidden subect, but is there any chance you could shed some light on the Shaun Maloney situation, we all rate him very highly despite his well documented home sickness. His absence from the action lately has started the chinese whispers.

The guy is an absolute talent but has struggled to settle since his arrival, if he was to find his feet we all know we'd have one helluva player on our hands.

• Replies 8.7k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

General Krulak here:

1. AussieBrad: Please contact John Greenfield at VP and describe your issue to him...he will help sort it.

2. Doors: The doors in question are fire doors. Because of our close working relationship with the B'ham City Council and our own pledge for safety, we have been given some allowance in using those doors. We need to be very careful in their use and are trying to do so. We are constructing new doors to try and help out.

3. Adverts around the stadium. Yes, we are trying to "clean up" the look of the stadium...not trying to pave the way for bigger "clients." We would like to go back a bit in history to reclaim the look of a stadium when there wasn't quite so much ads, etc. hanging from the stands. We need to do it smartly.

General,

any chance of getting some tv screens for the concourse area of the noth stand lower? I was quite looking forward to getting inside the ground and chilling out by watching the screens showing the live sky game, but there wasnt any anywhere. I realise that this particular area was the old away end but it is now for villa fans only and would make the matchday (and in particular the pre-match) experience just that bit more enjoyable.

Cheers

General, Just wondering what the policy is on ticket sales online... me and 3 other people were keen to get tickets for the villa vs liverpool game on the 31st August. Now i thought prebooking history gave people the chance to buy tickets early?

Only went to 2 games last year and have been a bit frustrated at not being able to get tickets - just wondering when the tickets come on general sale to people who have only recently been able to muster the money to go see our team. I'm all for rewarding people for regular visits to the team but am finding it increasingly frustrating when we all want to show support in a big game and feel slightly cheated that we are down the pecking order because of a pre-booking rule/policy.

Is there anyway of getting tickets earlier so we dont miss out or do we have to wait till they come on general sale and most probably miss out on a game we would love to go to?

General Krulak here:

1. The very best way to resolve any ticketing issue is to contact Nicky Keye and her folks at Villa Park. There whole reason for being is to make the ticketing process easy...not hard. Please call Nicky and allow her the chance to sort some of this out.

Hi general, first question here.

Is it possible getting tickets early on for matches? Im living in sweden and planned a trip to Brum to see the Villa-Man U game on november 22 with my dad as a present for his 50th birthday. Or do i have to wait until they are on sale on the website? Thanks.

Hi General,

I'm not sure if you read other parts of the site, and if you do whether you came accross the article below in the link. If you haven't it's really worth a couple of minutes out to read it. It mimicks exactly how I feel, and I'm sure many other Villa fans around the country who are unable to express their feelings quite so clearly. In short, I know there have been hard times in the past, and there will be more in the future, but right now it is not an exageration to say that I am seeing the best football, and most enjoyable football in my 20 years of supporting the Villa. There are many people to thank for this, but it has to start at the top from Mr Lerner and yourself. Thanks.

use short links

The General has already replied to that article. Read the comment thread.

Hi General, with regards to the ticketing policy, an idea.

Fan number 1 attended 5 games last season as did fan number 2.

Fan number 1 attended games against Fulham, Wigan, Derby, Sunderland and Bolton.

Fan number 2 attended games against Man U, Chelsea, Liverpool, Arsenal and Birmingham (games that will be close to selling out anyway)

To me that suggests that fan number 1 gets along when he can, whereas fan number 2 only attends on the basis of the size of the game.

How about a previous booking history points system that rewards those that come to games no matter who the opposition is over the fair weather supporters who only attend the big games?

The edited bit - It may bring more fans into the stadium for the games against the lesser teams if they know that by attending those games they have a better chance of getting tickets for the bigger games.

Before anyone questions my motives, I'm a season ticket holder, who despaired when all the fair weather supporters walked out of the ground at 4-1 down against Man Utd a long time before the end of the game when the lads really needed us!!!

General I saw your post re "doors". I presume you are talking about the holte suite? I really hope you can sort this problem asap. For anybody that doesn't know the holte suite WAS open on sunday but you could only enter and exit it from a door right by the turnstile on the trinity rd side of the holte. It had a newly created sign "holte suite entrance and exit". I really hope that isn't going to remain the case.

A lot fewer people went in, I am suited by the witton side and had to walk the whole length of the stand to get in. My mates came down later at HT and didn't fancy the walk so I drank alone :cry: Moreover it is just creating a congestion issue if everybody who wants to go there has to walk down to the one side of the stand. A fella on a closed door said it was a "licensing issue". Whatever it is please resolve it! Thank you General

Hi General,

you've touched on this before but was just looking for an update. You mentioned previously that this year's 3rd kit will be last year's away kit but with the Acorn's logo instead of 32Red.com.

Is this still the case? And if so any idea of when this kit will be released?

General,

This is my first post on this thread, although I am a frequent reader of your comments. I would just like to say that this is a great link between the club and the fans and it is much appreciated. Keep up the good work!

As my location suggests, I live in Ireland. We have a great group of supporters who meet up to watch the matches and discuss Villa related issues. We all try to get over to Villa Park as many times as possible each season.

As a ‘foreign’ Villa fan, I’m sure you can respect that I can’t make it to VP every week. Therefore the internet is my main access to all things Villa. I am aware that the club are working hard to improve the website and AVTV. It has improved greatly over the past year. However, I would like to make a suggestion; maybe you could pass them on to the relevant department. Is there any chance of streaming the matches live on AVTV? I wouldn’t mind paying for such a service! Also can you tell me of any new features coming to AVTV/ AVFC website??

Many thanks,

Mac

General Krulak here:

1. Sani: As I mentioned in my last post, if you have a specific ticket issue, please contact Nicky Keye at ticketing and explain your problem...she will do her best to sort it.

Nicky and her staff do a great job and anybody with ticketing issues should just contact the ticket office directly. Believe me, they will do their best to sort you out.

General Krulak here:

1. Yes, the Holte Suite doors are the ones I was discussing. We DO know it poses a problem and are already constructing new ones to help...we are working this issue.

2. 3rd kit is to be out in September.

3. Robulas: I would take a minute to call Nicky Keye at ticketing and lay out your thoughts with her...you have some good points...let her have a go.

4. You are very observant...Randy has lost about 15 pounds. He has been working out...running, etc. and watching his diet. He is tough enough to be a Marine right now.

General,

any chance of getting some tv screens for the concourse area of the north stand lower? I was quite looking forward to getting inside the ground and chilling out by watching the screens showing the live sky game, but there wasn't any anywhere. I realise that this particular area was the old away end but it is now for villa fans only and would make the match day (and in particular the pre-match) experience just that bit more enjoyable.

Cheers

I second this query, apologies if already been answered previously, did take a look and couldn't see anything.

Keep the great work up!

Hi General,

I was sitting in the Holte on Sunday and I think it was chants of "Only one Randy Lerner" started! Which was good and alot of people were chanting. However something that crossed my mind was that I thought perhaps Randy would think it was his money that he has poured into the club that we are singing about him for, and not him as a man also. Well I think I speak for alot of fans here and I would say that 50% of the motive to chant his name was about what he is like as a person. Alot of us fans have met him in person around Villa Park. I certainly got the impression that he was a very down to earth man who seems to be at the club as much for his passion for the game as much as a business investment. To us fans, thats worth alot, and if he wasn't giving off the vibes I have just mentioned to fans, I seriously doubt money alone would have gotten him such a good reception.

Agreed, yes, the other 50% of the motive was more than likely because the team were performing very well and he has spent to money to get us into that position...but like I said that alone wouldn't have been enough for such a reception.

Up the Villa

General,

any chance of getting some tv screens for the concourse area of the north stand lower? I was quite looking forward to getting inside the ground and chilling out by watching the screens showing the live sky game, but there wasn't any anywhere. I realise that this particular area was the old away end but it is now for villa fans only and would make the match day (and in particular the pre-match) experience just that bit more enjoyable.

Cheers

I second this query, apologies if already been answered previously, did take a look and couldn't see anything.

Keep the great work up!

definitely! i 3rd this query. i know the north wont be there forever but for the sake of a a couple of grand, a few tv screens would make this area perfect