General Krulak (No Transfer Questions allowed)

c-krulak

After reading through this thread, which i must admit i initially thought was a wind up, i am going to bed a very happy man! I think ill dream about Gareth Barry lifting the European Cup in a couple of years!

Thanks General, i truly believe we are the luckiest club in the country, the way i felt in June is a distant blur!

• Replies 8.7k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I still cant believe its him! Is this really happening to our club? I'd like to echo what others have said, welcome to VT, and thank you very much for waking this sleeping giant. The fans are truely behin the club now and it feels great! The food and drink thing needs to be sorted out, also hire some staff to work there that understand what a balti pie is! If you havent had one of these then i recommend you do the next time you find yourself in the holte! The Chelsea free travel idea is brilliant and im sure you'll agree by the response it has had. This sort of thing was unheard of before and really shows our club is moving in the right direction. Finally can we have a statue put outside the holte end, of something or someone that means something to the club. We can have the poll on here! Thank you once again.

Amazing isn't it?

General, I've realatives uin Uniontown, PA (brother, sister-in-law), friends in Vegas, and yourself and the rest of the board in your actions have added to my experiences with Americns, in that each of your fellow countrymen and women I've met have been nothing short of honest, loyal, welcoming, and conduct yourselves with dignity and with a sense of doing things the right way.

I can only add my voice to the others in saying god speed with yourself, with Randy, and everyone else involved in this wonderful, and at times flawed clun of ours. It is a a joy to see the damage slowly being repaired in our club.

Thank you and thank you all.

*speachless* Actually, I think a tear was on it's way. So this is how it feels to travel from hell to heaven. Pleasant journey I must say.

As all the others have said, thank you so very much for all you've done for us and please feel so welcome to this site. Your and Randy are already true legends in thsi clubs great History, I'd say.

Some advices and a request:

Don't mind Rantin_Robs finger, he's just forgot that he has nine others. ;)

If the same man offers you to be on his mailing list then don't! You'll never be the same again. :wink:

And, hm, I'm going to VP saturday 25th of november to see my first Villa-game at Villa Park so I would be very happy if you and mr Lerner could be in Birmingham at that very day so I can get the chance to cheer you during the game and offer you that pint after the game. :D;) And this last one was both serious and not. :P

To get really serious again, well, thank you so much again and keep the good work up. You've already done more good to this club than the old man did in all his years at the helm. And if you can doas good as he did bad I guess we can all put our bets on who's to be champions of Europe for about 10 years ahead. :)

Pelle

Many thanks, General, for taking the time to speak to us. I doubt if any of the previous regime knew what that internet thingy is! Many thanks as well for starting the turn around of our great club so quickly. Everything that you and Randy and the rest of the board has done is for the good of the club as a whole.

Here's to Aston Villa becoming a global brand. Keep up the great work!

Welcome General to this great footballing institution that is Aston Villa.

The passion and business acumen being shown by our board will be of great benefit to us and as I had anticipated you cite the knowledge and expertise of Bob Kain as being invaluable! Lets roll!

Welcome General!

I've been following the Villa from the US for the past six years and its amazing to think that the club is now owned by one of us. I can't wait for the club to come over to the left side of the pond and will definitely make my way to see them play (been over to England to see them twice).

All the best,

Ryu

I'd heard of team owners/directors blogging about areas of interest to them outside of their sport/team (for the record, a blog from you would be very interesting reading, if an interview with Jim Lehrer is anything to go by...), but to post at fan discussion boards (non-covertly) is something new! The closest I can think of is Curt Schilling posting at Sons of Sam Horn, but that's a by-invitation-only forum.

Welcome General

This has to be by far the best thing that your doing at the moment getting in touch with us the fans we are deeply impressed with whats been going on at our villa park since randys dream takeover and now your a vt member you will be seeing into the root of the problems as we as supporters will let you know ,simply fantastic i cant believe it really anyway hope your father is doing ok general and give randy our best too!!!

all the best mate :winkold:

Wow! Folks, we've got a world-class bunch running this club now. Not that posting messages on an internet message board is, in and of itself, anything extraordinary but to recognize the impact it can have and take the time to do it in such a personal way shows a true understanding of what it takes to keep a fan base motivated. I'm truly impressed.

General, I suppose you're not reading this now but I hope any upcoming Villa tour of the US will bring the lads close to their sister city - Birmingham, Alabama!

Thanks, from the bottom of my heart, for all you and Randy have done and are doing for this club. Your efforts, as you can see, have not been ignored.

Welcome aboard General!

Hands up who expected anything like this from the club? An actual Board member spending the time to register on a Villa fan site, to be honest knowing that people within the club do actually read boards like this amazes me since its unheard of to do such a thing round here!

General, I would like to add my thanks to Mr Lerner and everyone else involved with the takeover of our fabulous club and bringing such a change in atmosphere in such a short space of time. We all look forward to many years of improvement and success.

Finally, could you please pass on all our thanks to Mr Lerner for his very generous offer of paying for fans to travel down to the Carling Cup match at Chelsea, its much appreciated.

:D

This is absolutely amazing!!! Fans actually have a voice now. Thank you General! Thank you Mr. Lerner! And welcome aboard!!!

I can't wait to go over for my annual visit next year! Heck, I might even make 9 or 10 trips over this season now!!! :D

PS I am on the way to the west coast to see my 93 year old father so I may be off the net for a few days. Maybe I check out Las Vegas for the "tour"!!

General, I posted this on another site, I just want to make sure you see it. Please pass my regards to Lieutenant General Victor "Brute" Krulak.

I read his book a couple of years ago, and it's only just struck me now he is your father.

VT posters, look up "brave son-of-a-bitch with balls of steel" in the dictionary, and you'll see a picture of Brute Krulak.

Fantastic, This thread has really brightened up my day. Just one thing, Don't forget there are quite a few Villa fans over in the Emerald Isle, as you may have guessed from the some of the posters in the thread.

Up The Villa / Go Browns!