General Krulak (No Transfer Questions allowed)

c-krulak

• Replies 8.7k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Greavsie, its not the General you need to ask that question to, its the FA. Their rules prevent it and as much as I'd like to see Terracing in some shape or form theres nothing the General and Mr Lerner can do about it

Greavsie, its not the General you need to ask that question to, its the FA. Their rules prevent it and as much as I'd like to see Terracing in some shape or form theres nothing the General and Mr Lerner can do about it

They can ask the FA, which is all I'm asking them to do.

As a mere supporter I have no real clout to go into the FA and ask why terracing isn't allowed here when its OK everywhere else.

If the fans want it, the club can put a case to the FA in theory.

Then at least report back with the outcome good or bad.

indeed - it's a bit like complaining to the geezer behind the Virgin counter that the trains are late and that it should be put right.

or complaining to a taxi driver about the length of time a journey takes due to the amount of roadworks.

Terracing in the premiership is outlawed by the Sweet FA.

on the flip side, if we got relegated to the Conference the terracing is indeed an option :winkold:

indeed - it's a bit like complaining to the geezer behind the Virgin counter that the trains are late and that it should be put right.

or complaining to a taxi driver about the length of time a journey takes due to the amount of roadworks.

Terracing in the premiership is outlawed by the Sweet FA.

on the flip side, if we got relegated to the Conference the terracing is indeed an option :winkold:

I'm not complaining to the club - I'd just like them to challenge the FA if there was sufficient backing from the fans.

I'm not complaining to the club - I'd just like them to challenge the FA if there was sufficient backing from the fans.

admirable James, but surely if you let 1 club in the prem do it, you have to let them all do it if they want to.

i think it's mainly a safety issue after Hillsborough ......

admirable James, but surely if you let 1 club in the prem do it, you have to let them all do it if they want to.

Actually its got naff all to do with Safety per se, seats are no mre safe than terraces. It takes much longer to evacuate a seated auditoria than it does to evacuate a similar sized standing one.

Its more to do with "Control" but they'll tell you its safety anyway -

This is in danger of going OT now so can someone post some nice words for the general again please

I think it was originally a safety issue like you say, but as time has gone on the true causes of Hillborough have been shown to be bad policing decisions, a very poor stand (very old and steep), a HUGE crowd and crowd fencing.

Terracing itself can work very well and does all over Europe.

I just think its something which should be seriously looked at and not dismissed out of hand.

welcome mr general sir :)

fantastic not only to see that your posting on the fans websites but that you are actually reading queries and questions and then responding-what a refreshing change all this makes to us especially-we used to get asked to move on if we loitered outside the gates to long!

your certainly going the right way about involving the fams what with the coaches to chelsea and the open training session (a fantastic idea that should be continued that brings in the young kids ie the next generation of support)

but hey thats no suprise your an american and if there's one thing you do well over there its customer service-something sadly this country has an awful lot to learn about.hopefully as you say this will filter down to such things as the half time food and drink-i am one of the people who regularly keeps the money in my back pocket that i would willingly spend inside villa park due to the massive queues and lack of timely service before the 2nd half.

anyway all the good will in the world and here's to all of us working together trying to make us mighty once again

:cheers:

Wow, I am stunned to read through this thread, and right now I cannot think of anything else to really add, except for the first time in many years about AVFC I feel hope.

For that, I thank you and Mr Lerner!

Long may it continue.

Welcome to Aston Villa General!

I echo all of the previous posts thanking you and the rest of the board for bringing back hope to Villa Park.

The stifling stench of mediocrity from last season has already gone in such a short space of time. I hope that all of your efforts in engaging the fanbase are rewarded with an intelligent and clear dialogue and also with record half season ticket sales.

At the end of the day that is what we need to get the attendances up to a consistent level where we can back Sir Martin and the team onto to glory.

It may be a long and rocky road at times but your (and Randy's) actions so far have suggested that you will at least bear our thoughts in mind over the short and long term. If that dialogue continues Sir Martin, yourself and the board will by and large (As fans we will probably get upset about something sooner or later!) have our unswerving loyalty and respect.

I cannot wait until you and the new board hear Villa Park at full throttle. Just wait until we get a European night, an important cup tie or god forbid a local derby against the unwashed down the road. Then you will hear the Holte end roar at full voice! There really will be no going back after that General.

I have my final set of professional exams on the day of the Chelsea game. They finish at 5 so I had resigned myself to missing the Chelsea game. After reading all these posts I'm absolutely pumped so it might be a bit of a mad dash but i will get my tickets on the phone now!

It would be great to say "welcome" in person. Come visit the fans in the Upper Holte at K3-R31-S79 when you get a chance.

You never know we might welcome you officially with a villa rework of the Halls of Montezuma sooner or later!

I assume The General's gone home to visit his Dad now, but can I suggest that we make this thread a sticky, so that he can simply check back in when he gets back? This would keep a semi-permanent channel open for him to keep in touch with us, rather than having to try and contribute to several threads, which I'm sure he doesn't have time to do.

Oh, and what a superbly diplomatic answer to the Witton Lane question. I think we should stop pestering on this one and be patient, the new board clearly knows the score, and is doing the right thing.

Incidentally, I'm slightly surprised that this excellent development hasn't made it into the national press/radio yet.

Mike