General Krulak (No Transfer Questions allowed)

c-krulak

Welcome General.

What an incredible gesture you have made by posting on VT.

I can hardly believe the changes that have taken place over the last few months - I would like to thank Randy and yourself for ensuring that this transition period has resulted in all Villains regaining hope and belief.

You seem genuine people who not only share our love of the Football Club, but have a pretty good idea as to how to have a go at bringing the good times back to VP. That 'winning mentality' and quest for being the best is sadly something that has been lacking at VP for several decades - I sense that you and Randy strive towards this in all you do.

Once again, many thanks - I am still pinching myself at you guys being in charge - Up The Villa!!!!

• Replies 8.7k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

General K - Thanks for taking the time to pop in and say hello. I haven't had the time to read the whole thread, but I wondered if there would be any chance we could get some kind of Q&A session with you? Maybe John could gather a list of the questions we're all dying to ask?

On a lighter note, I'm planning an invasion of Wales. Any chance of a helping hand?

2 things:

1.Just to repeat what a lot of people have already said, please change the name of the 'Doug Ellis Stand' to either 'The Witton Lane stand' or name it after one of our old players/managers

2.Consider moving the position of the away fans at Villa Park for all games, i and a lot of our fans think it will improve the atmosphere to have our fans in both ends behind the goals and with the away fans moved up a corner somewhere like at most other grounds it will limit the noise that they can make

Hello, good evening and welcome General.

You and your partners have already brought so much joy to the fans of this football club... a big thank you for going the extra mile and taking the time to chat to a privileged few of us.

Welcome General,

I think if you continue to be a regular contributor to Villa Talk you will quickly realise what it means to be a supporter of this wonderful unique football club. To love the Villa is like nothing else, it becomes the the core of your life around which everything else revolves. I know you've travelled to an away game, Scunthorpe in the cup, but if you have the time and opportunity please go to the Chelsea game because I am sure it will be a sight and sound to behold and one you and Randy will remember for the rest of your lives.

Forever Claret and Blue, forever Villa.

Wow....great comments and questions!! Let's start with the long term contract for MON. Obviously I cannot talk about that for many reasons but...we all want a longer contract and it should come. Stadium expansion: first the Holte Inn, then Holte End, then North End....just watch us. "Global Brand"...ABSOLUTELY!!! As an example, we are on our way to Soccerex in Dubai just for that reason...we are looking into a foray into the Czech Republic and, obviously, we are looking at ways to expand "closer to home." One of the new Directors, Bob Kain, headed IMG and he really knows the sports marketing business. A year from now we will be in many locations that are just a dream now. Food, etc. at half-time: One of the reasons I went to the Holte End two games ago was to see for myself and Randy what the "experience" was at half-time. OUCH!!! I met some great people but...VERY crowded and VERY difficult to get food. We are already looking at ways to ease this problem...but, obviously, the physical plant makes things tough. We need to figure out a way to distribute food and drink faster...and we will. Finally, and most importantly, we all realize that we will have times when things aren't going right...that frustration will set in...that the fans will get angy/frustrated. Having spent 35 years in a VERY tough profession, I know what hard times are like. My advice is probably the same as yours...getting in a pissing contest does nothing but get you wet and voided!! We need to NEVER stop communicating as mature individuals. Even when we are upset, we MUST communicate or we will ALL lose. Randy and the Board are committed to communicating in good times and bad!! All we ask is the same from you.

Semper Fidelis, General Krulak

PS I am on the way to the west coast to see my 93 year old father so I may be off the net for a few days. Maybe I check out Las Vegas for the "tour"!!

Wow, what can I say that hasn't been said already. Welcome General and Welcome Randy and your two co-directors. This is a very warm welcome and a great big sloppy kiss to you from one of the female Villa fanatics on this board. Thanks so much for giving us back our hope and pride - you have already been like a breath of fresh air - I'm so excited by the new dawn that you have brought to Villa. Come and pay us a visit in the Witton Lane Upper one of the games.

(Oh and if you need a secretary - I'm your woman!) :P

Seriously though, thanks so much for coming to Villa and giving us our pride back. The Lions will roar again.

Best wishes for a bright new future from Hev xx

So are you coming to Wales with me or not? Come on, I know waking up to the smell of sheep shit isn't quite the same as napalm, but it sure as hell beats Vegas!

And by the way, SAS over your Marines any day :wink:

Chin up Mr K, enjoy your trip to your Pops and Vegas. Hope we have another 3 points in the bag for you when you return!

So are you coming to Wales with me or not? Come on, I know waking up to the smell of sheep shit isn't quite the same as napalm, but it sure as hell beats Vegas!

I'm not sure the General will understand that one but :lol::lol::lol::lol::lol::lol:

Funnily enough the first thing I asked the General on Fears site was 'can we please remove those unslightly letters from the Doug Ellis stand?'

Reading between the lines I think there's still one problem with doing that, and I think you can all guess who it is.

General, if you're still reading this I've sent you a PM on Fears site as I guess many others have by now. I hope you have a good trip and your father is in fine health.

Thanks for everything, semper fidelio.

I am on the way out the door but....having spent 4 years in Chester and spent many a weekend hiking the mountains in Wales...you do NOT want to tangle with me in the mountains...unless we are racing to get a pint!!

You all have done well in reading between the lines re. the "stand." Randy is a very special man and will not do anything at this time for all the obvious reasons. We are BIGGER than to stick someone in the eye...yet WE ALL KNOW the score. We just need to stand tall right now.

Hev, at 63 any kiss, sloppy or not, is welcome.

I am on the way out the door but....having spent 4 years in Chester and spent many a weekend hiking the mountains in Wales...you do NOT want to tangle with me in the mountains...unless we are racing to get a pint!!

You all have done well in reading between the lines re. the "stand." Randy is a very special man and will not do anything at this time for all the obvious reasons. We are BIGGER than to stick someone in the eye...yet WE ALL KNOW the score. We just need to stand tall right now.

Hev, at 63 any kiss, sloppy or not, is welcome.

And that folks, just about says it all (apart from the sloppy kiss bit which is worrying obviously)

The obvious truth is that Ellis was thinking of his own sad, inflated ego right until the end. Do any Ellis apologists want to step forward and defend him now?

Have a safe trip General Krulak, it's nice to know that the club is in good hands for the first time in 25 years.

Semper Fidelio.

I think i may be dreaming :D

Cant really add anything that hasnt been said already, Just a massive thankyou to yourself, Randy, Martin O'Neil and everyone who made all this possible.

p.s I can provide coordinates for St Andrews if they are needed, nudge nudge wink wink :winkold: