General Krulak (No Transfer Questions allowed)

c-krulak

It is absoloutly fantastic to have honest professionals running the club, I really feel like we are all about to embark on an adventure over the next few seasons as the club returns to the dizzy heights of its glorious past and then surpasses it. What really warms my heart is the knowledge that at every step of the way the fans will be part of it. Thank's general and company, you have made some new friends in the last couple of months and although rebuilding takes time you will find us more than patient and gracious, after all we have been waiting 25 years! On my 27th birthday last month I also celebrated the 20th anniversary of the day as a 7 year old boy I choose Villa as the team I would support through thick and thin for the rest of my life, sure there were times of happiness and times of sadness, times of jubilation and times of pain but I have never questioned my choice because I always knew that one day my club would fall into the right hands and now finally with you, Bob, Michael and Randy we have the leaders who can herald in our golden age.

I look forward to seeing the revolution with my own eyes on Saturday December 23rd when I fly all the way from New York City to the Trinity Road stand to cheer on my team, just one year ago I would have found it difficult to justify that commitment, hell 4 months ago I would have found it difficult but now everything has changed, for that I thank you all.

• Replies 8.7k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

my old man just turned in his grave & smiled !!

welcolme general !!!!!!! welcolme Randy !!!!!!

a board that cares - this is awsome (sorry been in usa for 20 yrs now so excuse that bit)

BRILLIANT - thats better

Welcome to Villa Talk General Krulak :)

What a delight that you would take time out from your busy schedule to visit with us and open a channel of communication with us and show that you like ourselves are obviously now a Villa Fan.

As you and Randy Lerner are by now aware, we Villa fans have much in common with the Browns fans in that we are religiously passionate in our support of our respective teams. You must also be aware that a very large majority of Aston Villa's supporters are thrilled that our club is in the hands of Randy Lerner and his board of directors.

So far, the things that you have accomplished in such a short span of time are nothing short of amazing. Partnering with Martin O'Neill and his staff and the terrific results that the team have earned has contributed greatly to restoring our pride and long may this continue.

I read of some of the areas where improvements have begun such as the Training Grounds at Bodymoor Heath and also at Villa Park.

I read your reference to the old Holte Hotel as "the Holte Inn" . Was this accidental or is there a plan to develop/refurbish the old hotel as an Inn ?

Are you able to share with us what the board has in mind for the old building?

You also referred to some of the problems you encountered in trying to get food and beverage service in the Holte End. Is it likely that we might see the kind of service that one gets at some American sports facilities where Bill the Beerman or the hot dog guy/peanut vendor work the aisles during the game and serves you while you are seated. That would seem to solve two problems, reduce congestion in the walkways and perhaps increase sales of food and drink. An added advantage would be that the fans would not have to leave their seats and miss any portion of the game .

Opening Villa Park at half term for the young supporters was brilliant and providing coaches for the trip to watch Aston Villa win at Stamford Bridge are great ideas.

I have not enjoyed being a Villa Fan as much as I have this season since 1982. These are great days. Long may the matchup of Randy and Martin leading Aston Villa back to the top continue. I hope that you enjoy your time with Aston Villa and the successes that all of us will relish together. Thank you :)

Is it likely that we might see the kind of service that one gets at some American sports facilities where Bill the Beerman or the hot dog guy/peanut vendor work the aisles during the game and serves you while you are seated.

The only problem with this is that american sports on the whole are stop start affairs with breaks in between the action ideal for a guy to sell you food .I'm pretty sure none of us would want to miss a villa goal because the guy infront was ordering a hot dog and thus the vendor was blocking the view.

If you have a problem, if no one else can help, and if you can find him, maybe you can hire.... General Krulak :lol:

call me cynical..but has anyone verified the person pertaining to be the General?

this might be an elaborate hoax.

ahem..if its not......how about extending the free travel offer for the chelsea cup game to regional supporters clubs running organised travel..not just all those travelling from Brum ;)

call me cynical..but has anyone verified the person pertaining to be the General?

this might be an elaborate hoax.

ahem..if its not......how about extending the free travel offer for the chelsea cup game to regional supporters clubs running organised travel..not just all those travelling from Brum ;)

I can conirm 100% that this is the General.

Awesome stuff. Thanks for taking time out to speak to us, General. We'll be very happy for your input around these boards :)

I'd just like to re-iterate what others have said about how positive everybody is with yourself, Randy and the other board members at the helm. The future holds exciting times for the club and supporters alike, after such a long period of missed chances and underachievement. I hope the enthusiasm that everybody has shown so far reflects how appreciative we are of your desire to turn this club into a force to be reckoned with once again.

Thanks and see you around!

Welcome General. I am overjoyed that you and your colleagues are here. It still does not feel real and I can honestly say I have never been happier to be associated with Aston Villa than I am now. The change of atmosphere around the club has been truly refreshing aided by the inspiring words spoken during the take over being converted into action. To have you on this website talking to us directly to us is evidence indeed that change is afoot and long may it continue.

I would also like to write a few words of thanks to all those involved in running Villa Talk. You have given me a place to vent, to debate, to learn and now to be heard. It speaks volumes that you run the (or one of the) sites that the General has chosen to become a part of. A much higher praise is hard to imagine. A hearty congratulations to you all.

I have nothing to add that hasn't already been said, however I felt it was only apropriate to post a heartly "welcome and thank you" to the General and Mr. Lerner from Norway.

Suggestion box ....

Please issue contact details at the club where fans can praise/complain about issues, a fans liason officer.

I have loads of ideas I wish to put to the club but at the moment I have no-one to approach with them.

General I would praise everything randy, Micheal, Bob and yourself have done, the openness, the change in atitude of the club and now we need to radiate this positivity outwards.

Perhaps once it is looked at properly the idea that we have a 'Supporters Club' that can meet and make such recommendations would be a way forward..... I have discussed this with Fear and the club are thinking about ways to bring it in, like they have at the Browns.

I read of some of the areas where improvements have begun such as the Training Grounds at Bodymoor Heath and also at Villa Park.

I read your reference to the old Holte Hotel as "the Holte Inn" . Was this accidental or is there a plan to develop/refurbish the old hotel as an Inn ?

You also referred to some of the problems you encountered in trying to get food and beverage service in the Holte End. Is it likely that we might see the kind of service that one gets at some American sports facilities where Bill the Beerman or the hot dog guy/peanut vendor work the aisles during the game and serves you while you are seated. That would seem to solve two problems, reduce congestion in the walkways and perhaps increase sales of food and drink. An added advantage would be that the fans would not have to leave their seats and miss any portion of the game .

Opening Villa Park at half term for the young supporters was brilliant and providing coaches for the trip to watch Aston Villa win at Stamford Bridge are great ideas.

I have not enjoyed being a Villa Fan as much as I have this season since 1982. These are great days. Long may the matchup of Randy and Martin leading Aston Villa back to the top continue. I hope that you enjoy your time with Aston Villa and the successes that all of us will relish together. Thank you

I am sitting in San Diego California with my 93 year old father who says to

pass on the following: Up the Villa!!!

Re. the Holte Inn. Randy is looking to refurbish the old Holte Hotel and

the work has already commenced. We are not sure what the final usage will

be but...it will have a pub and a place to get a bite to eat.

Re. Food and beverage at the games. We are absolutely looking at selling

food in the stands (on a NOT to interfere basis with the game)...but, as you

know, there are UK restrictions on the sale of alcohol in the stands and

during certain time-frames. We are working this.

Again, my father wishes each of the Villa Fans well...and looks forward to

good reports throughout the season. I told him that the tradition and ethos

of Aston Villa was second to none.

Semper Fidelis, General Krulak

Yes and now you have restored a sense of pride again, there is now hope that we can do well, and we are no longer considered a "joke club"

I cant thank you enough for what you have already done for the club and im sure it will only get better!

:winkold:

I can honestly say that this thread is one of the single greatest things that I have ever seen posted on this website. Thanks so much for being involved with the fans in this way.

San Diego's a lovely city, best wishes to everyone over there!

I have not enjoyed being a Villa Fan as much as I have this season since 1982. These are great days. Long may the matchup of Randy and Martin leading Aston Villa back to the top continue. I hope that you enjoy your time with Aston Villa and the successes that all of us will relish together. Thank you

I am sitting in San Diego California with my 93 year old father who says to

pass on the following: Up the Villa!!!

Re. the Holte Inn. Randy is looking to refurbish the old Holte Hotel and

the work has already commenced. We are not sure what the final usage will

be but...it will have a pub and a place to get a bite to eat.

Re. Food and beverage at the games. We are absolutely looking at selling

food in the stands (on a NOT to interfere basis with the game)...but, as you

know, there are UK restrictions on the sale of alcohol in the stands and

during certain time-frames. We are working this.

General, I seriously love you fing32.gif