General Krulak (No Transfer Questions allowed)

c-krulak

Hello General, thanks to yourself and Randy for getting my passion for this club back to the way it should be :D I cant wait to see where we go in the next few years under the new board. Personally now Mr Ellis have left i have bought my season ticket and spent as much as i could afford to try and help us along the journey we are about to embark on.

I was wondering, as i am an avid NFL folllower for many years, do you support an NFL team (or do you have to say the Browns to avoid geting Randy mad?!) :D

• Replies 8.7k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Good morning from a very rainy Manchester, and another of the female Villa fans on this site, thank you very much for taking the time to post on this forum in what must be a very tight work schedule, you guys have a lot to put right both at the ground and on the pitch, but you seem very clued up as to what is needed, If you attend the Everton game please come in with the away supporters and feel the passion for the club, we will even teach you all the songs. If you need anybody to attend soccerex in Dubai I am your woman, I would make a great general manager, Villa needs staff with a passion for the club.

Thanks with lots of kisses gail

another hello and welcome General K from a dull, grey and wet Manchestoh.

Hopefully AVFC will soon overtake that crap club that i have to look at from my office window every day :puke:

another hello and welcome General K from a dull, grey and wet Manchestoh.

Hopefully AVFC will soon overtake that crap club that i have to look at from my office window every day :puke:

Where do you work Jon? I work at Salford University....

I am still in shock about this thread to be honest , carn't believe THE General is on our site .

Welcome Sir its a pleasure to have you , Randy and the other new board members at our club , we've been crying out for change and now its happened . Thank you so much

When are you and Randy next in the country ??

Wow. i dont come on topic for one night and this happens!!!

General,

Thank you so much for coming to Villa, and thank you for giving us hope and a future again!

one small question. I know that yourself, the board and Randy are looking at developing Villa Park. There is talk of filling in the corners to make us bigger. Can i ask, are you thinking of filling in the corners of the Holte?

anytime you want a pint head down to the holte. If anyone of us sees you you'll be getting a cold beer!! :wink:

Welcome General.

It takes a lot of hard work to get a football club to win things consistantly.

But you have just proved that it is "EASY" to communicate and get togetherness.

It's little things like this that can make Villa formiddable again.

It has been a long time since we could put the words Aston Villa, Hope and Smile in the same sentence.

You look after us and we will look after you.

Thank you Randy, General and the rest of the board.

A Thousand welcomes Chuck; Very impressed that you have taken the time to show some interest in what us supporters think of our great club. Also very happy that both yourself and Mr. Lerner 'get it' i.e. the club would be noting without the supporters.

The appointment of Martin o Neill is a huge step in the right direction, and it very good to finally think we have the right people involved in the running of the club.

Now that you have reached out to us, we as supporters should take some responsibility to start some form of discussion on the things that we see as being the most important things to sort out at the club. Perhaps some form of 'Top 10 things to get sorted out at VP Poll' would be of benefit.

In any event, welcome aboard.

Fantastic.

Welcome General. Thankyou for this time and commitment to communicating with the fans. As you can see - it means a hell of a lot to all of us. This is such a positive change from what we're all used to.

I am on this Site because, like Randy, I truly care about what fans say and feel.

Finally, we have no egos...we don't believe we have all the answers. What we do know is that we care...and that we are part of something very special.

Thankyou again - we have waited so long for a change but I think I speak for everyone when I say that this has been better than any of us expected.

Welcome General and thanks for raising my optimism by another notch!

Its all well and good reading about developments/improvements through the usual media channels however to have you on site adds a dimension none of us though possible......actual communication!

I too look forward to the first American tour!

What a difference a new board makes. How positive it is that you and the board are willing to take on board the opinions of the fans in reaching decisions. Rest assured we fully support Martin and the board and are confident that you will do everything in your power to awaken the giant that is Aston Villa Football Club. We have a great history and now have a great future. Thank you for coming to the rescue General and please pass on our very best wishes to the board as a whole. If anyone should recognise a great leader than it is yourself. We are lucky to now have so many natural leaders of men at our football club.

After reading the general's posts i've got to say how mind blowingly refreshing it is to have him on this board, we rarely got in the same room with the previous incumbants but to have a director of our club take the time to read and answer queries online, i think says a lot about the character of the new owners.

It also filled me with great pride and 'even' more enthusiasm to read his replies to the many questions asked and further more assures me that our clubs is in the safest of hands.

I personally wasn't that concerned if the new owners were 'supporters' of the club, i jst wanted the job done right, and after having 25 years of a 'supporter' in charge we can certainly see that it isn't always a good thing.

Further more i'm 100% sure that our club will begin to rebuild itself due to it being ran by consumate proffessionals.

One quiry though, what is actually happening to the Holte Hotel? and what is it going to be?

Hi General and welcome to our club, its great to have you.

You seem to be genuinely enjoying the day to day involvement with the club and all reports from people who have met you and Mr Lerner have been glowing to say the least. It's very refreshing to have enthusiastic people making the decisions that matter at Villa Park these days. This thread has turned into a bit of a fans wish list in places but I suppose we haven't had the opportunity to engage with the directors at Villa and they be in the mood to actually listen to what we have to say so here goes..............

TERRACING

General, if you and Mr Lerner are genuinely interested in the fans match day experience then please look into the viability of bringing back terracing, simple standing areas for fans to watch the game from. Many fans feel football from the stands has been damaged by the widespread introduction of seating. Seating pushed prices up, changed the dynamic of the football crowd and many argue was massively detrimental to match day atmosphere.

Terracing was abandoned in the UK after Hillsborough where around 100 fans were killed during an FA cup semifinal. The subsequent "Taylor Report" recommended the removal of terracing in favour of all-seater stadia and this has been the situation ever since.

Terracing is common place throughout Europe in the major football leagues and passes without incident.

Would it be possible for you to open a dialogue with the fans to explore the viability of terracing being re-introduced at Villa Park (I'm sure many would support it) and if sufficient support was evident, putting a case to the FA to see if they would allow the re-introduction of terracing.

We would have the opportunity of going to matches at Villa Park and having the choice to stand or sit, the fans would have cheaper tickets available to them so increasing possible attendance numbers and more importantly for many, the atmosphere many claim is missing from football grounds up and down the country could possible be recreated.

At the very least would this be something which could be investigated?

Some links:

Old thread 1

Old thread 2