General Krulak (No Transfer Questions allowed)

c-krulak

I will add down some of my ideas here :-

1) Improve supporter communication. This has already improved on the OS but we have a large number of people who read the mail. Is it possible to take out a regular advert/Column on a Thursday updating teh fans on latest news, ticket sales, away games, MON's thoughts etc.

2) The Holte lower concourse as the General acknowledged is to narrow. So would it be possible to use the Holte Suite as I think you can access from the Holte lower to it to eas the congestion

3) Offer once a season the chance for ST holders to purchase tickets at £1 for a mate for say the likes of Fulham

4) Hold regular forums with players, manager, staff int he Holte Suite, if there are any action points get this reported back on

5) Supporters club is a must and have aliason officer to the club so complaints and praise can be forwarded to the right people

6) Open up franchise shops in local towns like Redditch, Cheltenham etc, maybe do a deal through Asda, tesco etc, so tickets could be sold

7) Lets face it Aston is not a nice area, it does not encourage people to come to VP out of games, work with the council, local people so that Villa is the centre of the community

8) Get players to visit local schools, within three miles is the biggest school in Europe - Great barr, nearly 2000 kids, massive future support

9) Improve the match day presentation, it is shambolic and does not generate the passion we want to see, get the razzamatazz in there

10) Get VP lit up at night. illuminate the palce so everyone on the M^ can see it, make it a mecca like St James Park is

All ideas cost money if they work it creates a positive forward looking and most importantly a club that is attractive to go to, the future is bright and with Randy, MON and the fans together the future is unlimited.

• Replies 8.7k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I love you General!

I am hearing nothing but good vibes from you and the board. Because of you guys and O'Neill there is a buzz I have never experienced before around the place! We are all talking about it at work and for the first season in ages I look forward to watching the team I love! Up the Villa and send my wishes to your dad!

Isnt it great to have the General on board? :hooray:

Glad to see youve found this Villa forum as well as the other one :winkold:

Best wishes to all the new Villa board and to your pops.

Welcome!

Thank you General and Randy for rescuing Aston Villa!

I think it great to have a former military man looking after Aston Villa interest. Its just great to have some connection, as I’m in the British Army and serving with the Royal Engineers. As the same for my Dad who served with the Engineers for 4 years and both go to villa games as much as we can. My Villa blood runs right up to my late Granddad who had a spell in the RAF and was at the 1957 FA Cup Final when Villa last won the cup! It’s just great to be a villa fan again and what your guys are doing for the club is brilliant. Britain and the USA working togeather again, late as usual though for the ending of Doug Ellis reign.

I only have one cheeky question, will there be any armed forces discount for villa tickets in the near future?

I say great too much!!

General, a big thanks to Randy, Martin and your fellow directors for awakening the Villa from the coma its been in. You have given us hope, and that is what we have been crying out for over the last few years. There is such a buzz surrounding the club again. I look forward to games with expectation rather than dread. Keep up the good work.

PS Any chance of buying Shaun Wright-Phillips in January?

General, here in England we would refer to you as 'the dogs bollocks'.

Now that may sound derogatory, but it isn't. It literally means the testicles of a dog, but it is a compliment along the lines of 'you are the best thing to have happened to us in a long time'.

:D

Welcome and thank you!

Any chance of Villa playing in Houston? I can't wait until I finally get to see a game this season in January. Hopefully we'll have a few new players by then!

Why can fans only buy tickets three games ahead? I want to buy my tickets now.

Some great comments and ideas. Particularly like the idea of somewhere to eat and or get something to drink like The Holte Hotel.

I would wonder though, would it be possible to have an area that is more suited for children there? We often travel down early and when we have my cousin with us (another mad AVFC at 6 years old yay!) we struggle to find a suitable place to go before the game. We always ensure we leave in plenty of time to get to the shop and also to allow for any travel difficulties (having had one occasion where we missed a game because of break down and no time to spare in our travel arrangements). But the downside is not having anywhere to go before the game because unfortunately we don't have season tickets.

A small side room that has perhaps less of a "pub" atmosphere - where only soft drinks and hot drinks plus food? Also would allow those who don't want to be in a pub to have somewhere to go. I know a pie and a pint are a big tradition of a game (I like them as much as the next person), but I know some people don't want to have that but would still like somewhere to go before a game to get something to eat and drink.

Also toilets accessible from the ground, perhaps around the Shop before the ground opens! Nothing worse than standing waiting for the game and nowhere to go when that bladder starts to complain! If you have the Holte Hotel at one end *which would serve that side of the ground* it would still be a trip when you have a 6 year old hanging off your sleeve bursting! So a toilet block down that end would be a great addition.

Can't think of anything else for now apart from endorsing most of the suggestions already given, and am thrilled to hear of the plans already being looked at or done.

I think it is essential that the club has a major presence at Birmingham Airport, Birmingham New Street and the Bull Ring. Shops in these places would really give the impression to outsiders that the club is a major part of the city.. which of course it is. For the American market it would also be excellent if we opened a shop in Stratford Upon Avon, which as you will know general, is hugely popular with American tourists. How does that sound?

In addition, do you thinkwe should be excited about Rndy's transfer budget for Martin in the January transfer window?

Another big welcome from me General. I still can't quite believe that we (the fans) are communicating with a member of the board in this way. It must be a 1st. I think this thread will eventually turn out to be an historic one so am glad to include my name to it. I was brought up within earshot of the famous Holte End & have been a fan all my life & never have I been so excited about the future of our club as I am now. Thanks to you, Randy & the rest of the board for all you've done so far. God Bless You Sir.

:clap: :clap: :clap: :clap: :clap: :clap: :clap:

I would love Villa to come on tour to the US next summer, even if they don't play in New York I'd be happy to travel to most of the East Coast for a game or two :)

As someone who's been known to go on a 600 mile roadtrip for no apparent reason, pretty much anything east of Detroit and north of Atlanta is in play for me (Cleveland and a friendly in Foxboro, perhaps?).

If there is a US tour next summer, I may be willing/able to provide ground transportation for a few VT'ers who want to save on car rental... just pitch in on the petrol or a pint or two at the end of the day and I'll call it even :D

Do they have petrol in the colonies now? :wink:

I'll always remember the day when a friend visiting from the states commented "Oh, you have BP gas stations here too".

:lol::lol: First laugh today. And that's despite being in the jantransrumour-thread before I read it. ;) Classy. :lol::lol:

After 15 pages there's not much I can add that hasn't already been said before so I'll just echo the sentiments here!

Welcome and thank you General! Thank you for giving us all hope again after so many years of misery. Thank you for giving us the belief that the future is going to be bright. And thank you for joining us on this site. I suspect that yourself and Mr Lerner will never have to buy a pint in Birmingham again.

General, you mentioned earlier in the thread that plans to improve the stadium were to be started on and that The Holte End was part of these plans. Could you tell us what the improvements to The Holte End would be please?

Cheers and welcome.