General Krulak (No Transfer Questions allowed)

c-krulak

To be honest Mike I am glad that it hasn’t been picked up; the General has come here in good faith and as soon as this gets aload of publicity, there is a good chance that this communication would end. Some of the things we are being told are better off not in the public arena.

• Replies 8.7k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Who remembers when it was announced who the new board of the club was and people were saying don't get excited because the board would have a hands off role and would probably very rarely meet and not have a hands on running of the club...

Well I'm not saying told you so, because I didn't say any different, but isn't it amazing, we have a board who've done more on just about everything in a few months than the previous one did in 20 years.

Being a Villa fan is exciting again, its brilliant, I can't wait to get back down VP, its exactly a year since I travelled over to Manchester for my first game since returning to the country to see us get humiliated up at Man City, how much has changed in a year is amazing (and I'm not just talking football).

When something like what's happened to me occurs some things seem less important all of a sudden, I can assure you football isn't one of them...

here...

I am on the way out the door but....having spent 4 years in Chester and spent many a weekend hiking the mountains in Wales...you do NOT want to tangle with me in the mountains...unless we are racing to get a pint!!

You all have done well in reading between the lines re. the "stand." Randy is a very special man and will not do anything at this time for all the obvious reasons. We are BIGGER than to stick someone in the eye...yet WE ALL KNOW the score. We just need to stand tall right now.

Hev, at 63 any kiss, sloppy or not, is welcome.

Semper Fidelis, General Krulak

Dear General Krulak

Can I just say how positive it is of you to take some time to post a message on Villa Talk. We have been quite jaded of recent having to tolerate a chairman who didn't want to listen to the ambitions of hundreds of thousands of villa fans. We're a very patient fan base who don't expect things to change overnight, but every football fan I speak to agrees that Martin O'Neil was the best signing of the summer.

The general feeling surrounding Aston Villa at the end of last season was pure disillusionment. We had a tiny squad that was hampered by injury, and couldn't even find £1.5m to keep on James Milner. I suppose this had something to do with the fans voting with their feet and opting not to attend home games. Having a chairman who was so bloody minded that he wouldn't even allow any memorabilia of our European Cup win in 1982 was unforgivable amongst the fans.

What I can say now is that the whole team and fan base is visibly lifted. Of course the 'honeymoon effect' has something to do with this, but we all believe that something great is being built here and good times will return to Villa Park sooner rather than later. From a commercial aspect we can also see that the executive management are ‘thinking big’ – I’ve always thought we’ve undersold ourselves to investors and sponsors. If your sales director role ever becomes vacant – please contact me!

All the best, and up the villa!

Ben

:D

I havent been on here for a couple of days and look what happens!! Cant believe how different this club is compared to this time last year when i was working there!!!

Its amazing, glad i can now show my support by attending matches and i look forward to the match day experience being vastly improved upon it certainly needs it!

One Pablo - funny you mention about the sales director position as i did hear a rumour it may soon be vacant or did you already hear the same?

Ginge,

It is not only the sales director that needs to be looked at, the whole middle management across the board needs examining.

If the General asked a few employees, out of earshot of their bosses, what they though he may have some ammunition :) to fire!

Denis I agree with you 100% I could certainly tell him a tale or ten if he wanted to hear them. The sales director also known as the invisible man is the least of his worries although i hear he is jumping before being pushed not sure how true it is but i wish he would take a few others with him. I could write a list!!

Welcome to Villa General Krulak, and thank you for coming to look after our club. We've been after a proper midfield General for years, and whilst my initial excitement about finally landing one soon turned to disappointment on finding out you were 'only' a board director, I have to confess myself extremely pleased with what I have seen and read so far. This club means an awful lot to me and also to my grandad, who turned 95 this Sunday just gone, as we've both been Villa supporters since we were kids - he used to go with his dad. I am genuinely thrilled that you and your fellow directors have the will and ability to make this a truly great club. To me, being a 'great' club is about more than success on the pitch. It's doing things the right way, even if we don't get the result we would like, involving all of the community and holding up the club and staff, playing included, as role models for the wider community, a beacon of honourability in a sea of questionable morality and chasing money rather than sticking by our principles. Whoah there, how did I manage to climb up on my high horse without realising it? I'll just get down again and say welcome, and thank you for coming.

Greavsie, its not the General you need to ask that question to, its the FA. Their rules prevent it and as much as I'd like to see Terracing in some shape or form theres nothing the General and Mr Lerner can do about it

Agreed, the FA are big headed clearings in the woods and wont even let us have a star, let alone terracing.

absolute class!

:D:D

from odreary and ellis to this in just a few months. where there was apathy and resignation theres now hope and expectation. when am i going to wake up? like what has been said many times on here thankyou and welcome. so far EVERYthing that has been done by Randy & co has exceeded expectations...Martin Oneil, an understated owner saying all the right things, free tickets to the burn game (for those of us who didnt renew), free travel to chelsea game, building work at bodymoor, coming on all the forums etc etc ALL excellent work. you have my complete support, thankyou again!

VILLA TIL I DIE!

Unbelievable scenes!

I've just been reading back over the takeover thread (Sticky) and Randy Lerner first seemed to get mentioned around 20th July (page 160-170 of that thread). Everyone's rightful scepticism on here about the Neville bid and the whole saga makes for amusing reading now. Only 3 months later and Ellis has gone, we have MON as manager, we're playing decent football and there's not an ounce of negativity. I'll echo everyone's thanks to Randy and Chuck and the team for re-igniting my Villa pride. Here's to the future of Aston Villa FC!

Dicky Plums.

Unbelievable scenes!

I've just been reading back over the takeover thread (Sticky) and Randy Lerner first seemed to get mentioned around 20th July (page 160-170 of that thread). Everyone's rightful scepticism on here about the Neville bid and the whole saga makes for amusing reading now. Only 3 months later and Ellis has gone, we have MON as manager, we're playing decent football and there's not an ounce of negativity. I'll echo everyone's thanks to Randy and Chuck and the team for re-igniting my Villa pride. Here's to the future of Aston Villa FC!

Dicky Plums.

I read the entire Takeover thread last week. It took a whole 'working' day but it perfectly illustrates the ups and downs of being a Villa fan.