FIFA 13

GarethRDR

How come people are playing it already?

Darren Bent is absolutely shocking on this game. Everytime the ball goes to him he just cant turn or move or pass or anything... kinda like real life :lol:
Haven't played 13 yet but in 12 he's a beast, at least when I'm controlling him. Went through about 3 seasons and completely overhauled the squad with world class players after winning the league/CL but I never got rid of him because he's just so damn good.

Same. Bent seemed to be able to finish from everywhere. He was one of my best players and consistently got me the goals. Hopefully he is like that in 13. Gonna find out soon

He certainly isn't as good as he is on 12.

You can no longer just pass it to a striker and twist and turn your way past their defense. It just doesnt work. I seem to only score goals from crosses now (N'zogbia is a beast on this game!). I havent quite worked out how to pass it through the middle yet, it's rather difficiult.

Lost my first game last night against Hamburger :x

Really frustrating playing Dortmund, PSG, Hamburger all the time. Vlaar is soooooooooo slow!

I've found the best way to play is defensive.... playing this formation...

Lowton---Vlaar--Clark----Licaj

------ - Bannan ---- KEA ---

Nzogbia -----Ireland -------Gabby

------------- ---Bent----------

Ireland is pretty shit hot too!

When I play online I always play possessive football, ive lost 1 game in 10 so far thanks to a 90th min goal.. I average 61 possession and 86 passing, no one can handle it :)

I'll add you later pieface and whoop you.

We'll see :winkold:

Can you work out how to start an online league? I had a look yesterday but couldnt figure it out...

Chances of the supermarkets having a price war on this game?

Very low, it seems. Offers have been cropping up but for limited periods of time: Green Man Gaming had it for £30 for a very short period of time, Sainsbury's were doing 20% off online pre-orders late last week, and Argos were - and may still be - doing some kind of discount if you quote a code when picking up the game in-store, but it wasn't applicable to reserved orders so there would be no way of guaranteeing a copy. I missed the earlier two offers, annoyingly.

have they fixed the crossing on it? IMO on 12 the crossing was the worst part, either put it out for a goal kick or cut it back to 35 yards from goal

I never had a problem with putting the crosses where I wanted them on 12. The problem was actually winning a header as an atacker.

But from what I saw on the skill game I got during the FIFA 13 demo, crosses seem easy to control in this one.

Doesn't sound like playing as Villa will be a fun experience in head-to-head seasons. No doubt I'll spend ages going through inconsistent runs of form with various teams before settling on one or two! Very much looking forward to this though.
I've always liked that challenge though. On Fifa 12 I settled on Roma and Leeds as my teams and they're nowhere near the best teams in their ratings (Roma especially are dreadful) but I get really bored of being Napoli etc.

have they fixed the crossing on it? IMO on 12 the crossing was the worst part, either put it out for a goal kick or cut it back to 35 yards from goal

Always make sure your crossing is semi-assisted in the controls options. Otherwise it's just terrible.

I prefer shooting on semi assisted too.... can aim better....

Doesn't sound like playing as Villa will be a fun experience in head-to-head seasons. No doubt I'll spend ages going through inconsistent runs of form with various teams before settling on one or two! Very much looking forward to this though.
I've always liked that challenge though. On Fifa 12 I settled on Roma and Leeds as my teams and they're nowhere near the best teams in their ratings (Roma especially are dreadful) but I get really bored of being Napoli etc.

Oh yeah don't get me wrong, I'll still play as them sometimes and I don't mind the challenge - I just don't think I'll enjoy playing as them as much as I will do other teams (not necessarily the best ones in each rating bracket). Like you, it's nice to find teams that you just seem to 'adopt' as the ones you play with, for various reasons.

Â