FIFA 13

GarethRDR

Been playing it for around 6-7 hours already and it's pretty good. There are somethings that drive me insane though. Quite often my players cant trap a simple ball. I pass it to them and there is no pressure and yet somehow their first touch takes the ball 5 yards in front of them. Or when I play a through ball to a player at full sprint they suddenly forget how to run and trip over the ball or send it 15 yards in front of them.

Been playing it for around 6-7 hours already and it's pretty good. There are somethings that drive me insane though. Quite often my players cant trap a simple ball. I pass it to them and there is no pressure and yet somehow their first touch takes the ball 5 yards in front of them. Or when I play a through ball to a player at full sprint they suddenly forget how to run and trip over the ball or send it 15 yards in front of them.

Holding the sprint button while receiving a pass makes them more likely to take a bad touch.

Holding the sprint button while receiving a pass makes them more likely to take a bad touch.

True but most players dont have a problem receiving a ball and continuing to sprint forward. So often the players cant handle a simple through ball or pass. It's very unrealistic.

So our home ground is still Ivy Lane??
It will be for a long time, not sure why people are so bothered for it anyway. Ivy Lane is a generic, not that far off of VP looking stadium, maybe next generation they'll really make a push with Stadiums when they have the capabilities.

Love the game. Just a few things I've noticed.

-Pro Clubs seem decent so far. Not a lot of midgets with afros running around yet (though it is still early). Finesse shoots are far more difficult in this game. So far, gone are the days of just getting to that angle at the edge of the box and whipping a shot in. The CPU blocks it a lot better and they tweaked it a lot so its not an automatic goal. Of course, this can also change once players start to get better but its refreshing to have a different style of play so far. My tips to people struggling to score would just be to shoot more. Stop going for the perfect goal and just let it rip. The new touch system leads to a lot more havoc in the box

-Clear it. There's no point to it. A lot of people like playing the possession game, but the new touch system is a disaster waiting to happen if you're not careful. The ball has a real weight this time and you can't just lightly tap the pass button and have it like a homing missile towards your closest teammate. Even more, they're weaning people off assisted passes and switching it more to a semi/manual sort of play.

-Lob pass. Square if you're on the PS3, but this is your new best friend. The ball doesn't travel sluggishly along the ground and you can switch the play a lot faster than trying to Barcelona it along the ground. Caveat: poor traps will ruin a couple movements

Ergh, struggling to find an offer now. Tesco have one on pre-orders where you can get 500 Clubcard points and then so many percent - 15% I think - as well as 8% cashback on Quidco, but it says 4-5 days for delivery (I want it on Friday morning, dammit!) and they don't seem to have the Ultimate Edition in stock any more either.

Ergh, struggling to find an offer now. Tesco have one on pre-orders where you can get 500 Clubcard points and then so many percent - 15% I think - as well as 8% cashback on Quidco, but it says 4-5 days for delivery (I want it on Friday morning, dammit!) and they don't seem to have the Ultimate Edition in stock any more either.

I'm in the same boat as you, not really sure what to do this time. I don't really have £45 to blow on a game but it's certainty i'll get it eventually so I may aswell just get it on Friday as I don't want to pay then have to wait 5 days for delivery.

Yep.

Without our Claret and Blue glasses on, why would they put Villa Park in the game at this point?

Villa Park is a fantastic historic stadium. I know we haven't been doing that well in the league of late but VP along with Goodison Park should both definitely be in the game.

My mate went to GAME to pre order it yesterday. He wanted ultimate edition but had to settle for the normal one because they had already filled their ultimate edition pre orders. He's had to pay a fiver just to pre order it and it's not even getting delivered to his house. He's got to go back into GAME to pick it up. I don't see why people put themselves through the hassle! I've had mine pre ordered for ages and tomorrow morning I get to chill comfortably at home waiting for the early morning delivery.

Has anyone ever gone to a midnight launch? When Fifa 11 was about to be released I went to a midnight launch at Asda. We got there about 11.30 and the que was huge. A few staff members went down the line and made a cut off point, telling people they wouldn't get a copy as they didn't have enough copies available and it started a mini riot! People had started arriving around 8pm. **** that! We all went home and I got it on the morning anyway. As much as I love Fifa and COD, I'd never stand there for hours.

Â