Speculation: Ron Vlaar (Feyenoord)

Feyenoord

Well i guess what i was told about the budget must be true if we cant put through the 4 million without having to sell a player. This is getting me depressed again as who in ther right mind will want to buy our turds? There green and stink of possom piss. I swear if warnock is our left back come august 18th i i i cant even think about it.

• Replies 1.1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

This whole thing just goes to show that nobody is ITK, and those that were (MM, Gazton, thetrees) were wrongly attacked for sharing what they knew. Takes the piss.

The whole 'Welcome' thing has become a bit of a joke and it needs to stop. The named people above are the only ones with any credibility here.

Trees never claimed to be ITK. He knew Randy's movements due to his job but that was it.

I swear you want Lambert not being backed to be the case just so your digs at Lerner will carry more weight.

Yes clearly that's what I want.

I renewed my season ticket in the hope I can watch the same shit as last year. I'm desperate for us to be a nothing team for the near future.

I'm glad you can see that.

Well why else do you keep on going on about it?

Really, really, really couldn't give less of a toss about Vlaar's agent and/or Feyenoord wailing and gnashing their teeth over the move. Aston Villa's first priority is to Aston Villa, not to the convenience of other parties.

Surely Aston Villa's first priority should be to back their new manager when he identifies players to improve the first team.

That was Randy's priority when O'Neill brought in Sidwell/ Beye/ Davies/ Heskey (etc etc etc) on high wages.

Perhaps Randy is now trying to correct previous errors by having the priority as 'backing the manager (within a sensible wage structure) when he identifies players to improve the first team' ?

Maybe Vlaar's demands didn't fit into that. Or maybe Lambert does need to offload one of Collins/ Warnock/ Dunne/ Hutton before we can bring in another defender?

The way Randy will win is by continuing to learn from past mistakes;as he seems to be doing; and by not listening to fans who behave like spoiled children. We don't know what's going on with the Vlaar transfer and the speculation is counter-productive. We'll probably know more later in the week once PL is back from Amerikay.

Maybe Vlaar's demands didn't fit into that. Or maybe Lambert does need to offload one of Collins/ Warnock/ Dunne/ Hutton before we can bring in another defender?

If Vlaars demands are ridiculous then fair enough. However I don't think it's acceptable for lambert to miss out on a top target because Lerner is making him sell a player first. We have got 6 weeks to try and sell one of the players you mentioned and if the worst thing happens and we're left with them until we can try again in 6 months so be it. Keeping Collins or Hutton in the stands till we ship one of them out is not going to bankrupt us. After back to back relegation scares we need to making improving the squad under a new manager the priority.

This whole thing just goes to show that nobody is ITK, and those that were (MM, Gazton, thetrees) were wrongly attacked for sharing what they knew. Takes the piss.

The whole 'Welcome' thing has become a bit of a joke and it needs to stop. The named people above are the only ones with any credibility here.

Trees never claimed to be ITK. He knew Randy's movements due to his job but that was it.

He never claimed to be ITK no, but he was 'in the know' none the less. He was still bullied off the site.

and by not listening to fans who behave like spoiled children.

Are they the spoilt children who said Mcleish would be a disaster?

So because one set of fans were right about McLeish being a disasters, they must be right about everything else?

A lot of people thought McLeish would be a disaster anyway. Certainly more than the people who are jumping on Randy's back right now for no good reason.

You've lost me there with your non-sequitur. What has predicting McLeish's failure got to do with children stomping their feet over the delay in Vlaar's transfer when they know nothing about the current situation? Or are you somehow implying that foreseeing McLeish's failure gives people the authority to make stuff up to moan about? Anyway, I'm not here to stop people foaming at the mouth if that's what they want to do. As long they realise that that's what they're doing and they're comfortable with it.

If Vlaars demands are ridiculous then fair enough. However I don't think it's acceptable for lambert to miss out on a top target because Lerner is making him sell a player first.

I agree.

However we do not know that is what has happened do we?

It is a little frustrating that we have managed to piss Feyenoord off with this, but we do not know the ins and outs. All we know so far is that Vlaar was at Villa park with his agent. Pl and them met that once and we have yet to put on a bid for the player. Pl must have wanted to see how our current guys got on in the states before deciding on whether or not a new CB was needed. He will hopefully return this week and then make his decision. I also personally think that this would have been communicated to Vlaar and his agent before hand and they are the ones whinging un-necessarily. We will see what happens, but truth is - nobody on here knows anything. That much is obvious.

Trees isn't ITK he works at BHX so knew when Lerners falcon was in and I think could access flight plans.

As for all these do called ITK's, nobody saw KEA coming and nobody saw Lowton either ? So I doubt there are any credible ITK's on here tbh

If Vlaars demands are ridiculous then fair enough. However I don't think it's acceptable for lambert to miss out on a top target because Lerner is making him sell a player first.

I agree.

However we do not know that is what has happened do we?

And that's the point that is being missed. Hysterical over reaction on VT to sparse information? Never!

You've lost me there with your non-sequitur. What has predicting McLeish's failure got to do with children stomping their feet over the delay in Vlaar's transfer when they know nothing about the current situation? Or are you somehow implying that foreseeing McLeish's failure gives people the authority to make stuff up to moan about? Anyway, I'm not here to stop people foaming at the mouth if that's what they want to do. As long they realise that that's what they're doing and they're comfortable with it.

Well you say he's doing the right thing not listening to moaning fans. Maybe if he'd listened to the moaning fans last summer (who were criticised on here) we wouldn't have had one of the worst seasons the clubs ever had. After the last two years it seems strange to just show blind faith into how the club will be run.

I don't think people are foaming at the mouth, seems an extreme way to moan about people who aren't too pleased with the sounds coming from this particular transfer. Again has last season been forgotten? Sorry but for me Lerner has lost the blind trust that he will do the right things, that's not foaming at the mouth anger, it's questioning the ability of our owner and I think that's perfectly reasonable.

A lot of the stuff discussed on VT are issues we don't know every detail about but they are discussed with what evidence there is. This is no different, with the evidence we've got again I think it's perfectly reasonable to question our approach towards this signing.

No one is stamping and moaning demanding massive money be spent. I think Lambert is a fantastic appointment, I think it's the correct approach to look abroad and to the lower leagues for cheaper options on lower wages. And I don't think wanting Lerner to spend £4 million on a player that the manager wants before having to sell a player is the act of spoilt children.

Nobody's got "blind faith", it's just that most people aren't jumping to conclusions and using something we don't know much about as yet another stick to beat Lerner with.

Ignoring the evidence out there and assuming Lerner is doing everything correct isn't blind faith?