How Many Dwellings Have You Considered Home?

maqroll

As a kid (parental homes) - 3

As a student - 3

As a single bloke - at least 6 (I may have missed some)

As a married man - 3 (1 rental, 2 owned)

Total = approx 15

Eight, although I've lived one of the eight twice (Grandparents' house), and another three times (Parents' house). That's included time living in Tamworth, Erdington, Farnham, and Darlington.

Parents - Erdington

Parents - Walmley

Mine - Four Oaks

Looking to move now... want somewhere bigger. Looking around Four Oaks, Streetly and Lichfield.

Considering I have worked in Birmingham City Centre for 13 of the last 15 years including the last 10, I seem to moving further and further away from work!

Parent house 1 until 2

Parents house 2 for 10 years

Parent house 3 until 18 (but still a frequent visitor and kind of living in now)

Halls of residence

Uni house with 8 others for 2 years

Uni house with 5 others for 1 year

Post uni house with missus and two friends

Flat with missus and another couple

Flat with missus

Korean apartment with missus

So 9.

Now technically homeless

Bromsgrove, Droitwich, Droitwich, Droitwich, Droitwich, Brentford, Wimbledon, Wimbledon, Colliers Wood, Streatham, Wimbledon, Tooting, Streatham, Streatham.

With a smattering of Frome, Pilton & Domfront in Lower Normandy.

'home' is a bit weird for me.

My family home is in Brum. I spent a helluva lot of time in the states though and I class my home there as a place in New Hampshire (many good friends and some of the best times of my life were spent there...ohhhh and I've got a free to stay at overlooking the lakes when I want to take them up in their offer :D). Second home there was a minibus, come campervan. I spent 3 months travelling around and I loved every bit of it. Bit strange to call a van a home but that was what it was. I've now got my own place in Portsmouth with all the worry that comes with paying the mortgage but I spend most of my time nowadays living in a small flat in London with work (my lovely Portsmouth flat is my holiday home...err, every weekend).

As a kid (parental homes) - 2

As a married man - 1

Total = 3

Did you never do the bachelor pad thing?

Nope. Although when I first bought the house with the good lady wife, of the three bedrooms we had one was my music room (guitars, keyboards etc) and the other was my entertainment room (two walls full of videos, game console, TV etc).

They are now my two daughters rooms, but I do like to remind them occasionally what I gave up for them :)

I'm slightly surprised by the incidence of parental home -->straight to married/cohabiting. I kind of thought that went out with the 1950s.

Â