Matthew Lowton

Qwpzxjor1

'You know its late when you see 8 pints has the last post on all the topics :'(' - love it!

lol its his mission in life to have the very last word :P

:) I'm blaming my unsociable working hours.

• 2 weeks later...

I think Lowton deserves to have his page dug up from the archives.

There have been a lot of rent-a-quote comments about Lowton along the lines of "out of his depth at this level" etc. But I suspect mostly from people blinded by low expectations.

So far he seems excellent at tackling, can beat a man and is very reliable in possession. If he ever learns to cross he'll be a brilliant player.

I thought he played very well, he has really impressed me. Taking into consideration the jump up in quality from what he is used to, I think he has handled himself very well. Got caught in possession a little and occasionally gave their man half a yard to much but could turn out to be a fantastic full back for us.

I'm actually surprised how quickly he seems to have gotten used to PL, I'm sure there will be obviously poor games from him with some mistakes but Lambert or someone in his organization seems to have a very keen eye on players.

Just wanted to add my bit of love for this guy. Really like his approach and attitude, old head on young shoulders and all that. RB has been an achilles heal for us since..er...Delaney? So to find this guy for a relatively small fee and see him settle so quickly is a masterstroke from PL. And I think he's going to get better.

In the first two games I found it hard to decide whether he'd be good or not, but yesterday he showed that he can be a real asset, IMO. And I think that when he really feels settled in the club, team and league he'll get forward more. I think he has the ability. He's getting there.

It's the first time I have watched him yesterday and he looked impressive getting forward to join an attack.

Hope we can see more of this from both fullbacks. It was the main issue I had with MON's style of play that he didn't like attacking fullbacks but it is part of the modern game I think.

Â