Matthew Lowton

Qwpzxjor1

I see it the same as most on here. He's fine when he's on the ball and a real threat going forward. Unfortunately, off the ball he is very suspect and was constantly caught out of position. I like him as a player but i worry his lack of pace can't make up for his positional errors ( like Kyle Walker etc can ) and I think this will prevent him being a good premier league right back

Don't think he won a header all night. Positional sense is poor when the play is coming down the left he drifts far too much into the centre leaving way too much space on the right hand side and then he struggles to get across to pick up his man.

Unfortunately I think the negatives outway the positives with regards to his effectiveness going forward.

Would me better as a wing back if we play with three centre backs again as in the Arsenal home game or as a backup right midfielder but not good enough as a right back In my view.

very mature cross to Bacuna for the goal. he had more than a half-sight at goal himself. a lesser talent would have blasted it rather than go for the higher-percentage play to Bacuna.

just hope his personal situation settles down. 

Bacuna1b.gif

I didn't notice it at the time as I was too busy having heart attack over the shot but what is Bertrand doing on the goal line?

Talk about attacking fullbacks....He is playing centre forward!!!

Edited by Texas_Mike

very mature cross to Bacuna for the goal. he had more than a half-sight at goal himself. a lesser talent would have blasted it rather than go for the higher-percentage play to Bacuna.

just hope his personal situation settles down.

Bacuna1b.gif

I had the same thought after seeing the replay. Very good vision and selflessness.

I just wish his physical traits were as good as his technical ones.

I didn't notice it at the time as I was too busy having heart attack over the shot but what is Bertrand doing on the goal line?

Talk about attacking fullbacks....He is playing centre forward!!!

Wasn't it the result of a free kick? maybe he pushed up as he's probably a better aerial presence than someone like Westwood.

love the way that Benteke lost the ball but still tries to make it look like he back heeled the pass  ...

had Bacuna connected i wonder if Foster would have saved it , so I'm going for planned in a Dwight Yorke skill way  :)

• Like 2

Could he do a job in centre midfield? I am sure I saw him play there for United once. 

He's very comfortable on the ball. He can pass and cross well. But he's been shocking defensively this season. He's far too often beaten one-on-one and has been clueless positionally. 

He would have to change his approach to the game to become a (decent) central midfielder.

Mainly because as a full back, the game unfurls in front of you. You have time to see the play and see what move you should make.

If you're in the midfield, you need to be aware of whats happening all around you. You'll have (arguably) less time on the ball and more opponents to contend with. 

Awareness of where other players are is a huge part of playing in midfield.

It's not as easy as just moving him up the pitch.

Â