Matthew Lowton

Qwpzxjor1

Based on his recent performances Lambert has done exactly the right thing concerning Lowton. It will give him a kick up the backside, let him know that he is no longer an automatic pick and if Lowton has the right attitude, he will come back a more mature and better player for being dropped.  

• Like 4

i thought he was one of our best players last season, but because he has had a couple of very average games and been dropped I think we should probably accept his Villa career is over.

...........I hate him so much now.

i now actually believe any talent or further potential linking him to an England call up or move to a bigger club was just his way of cruelly toying with us and for that alone i think he should at least be thrown out of the country...... if not brutally murdered by angry Smurfs.

That's what squads are for...so we don't have to rely on players who have had form dips, like in the past they have just had to ride the storm in the first team, probably how we have dropped points. we are now in a slightly stronger position( with a good way to go, granted)

He should look at his game and try to weed out the flaws and come back stronger....I'm sure he will.

I agree with Morpheus entirely. He did something similar to Clark and it's like someone has flipped a lever in his head.

I do too. Feels weird. :)  I think it's too early to suggest Bomb Squad, he just needs to buckle down and earn his way back in. Based on his performances last season, he's got it in him.

I personally didn't even think he had that bad a start. Under-par certainly but not any worse then Weimann's or Westwood's. The fact neither of those two have been dropped tells me it must be to do with more then just form.

I personally didn't even think he had that bad a start. Under-par certainly but not any worse then Weimann's or Westwood's. The fact neither of those two have been dropped tells me it must be to do with more then just form.

maybe Lambert feels their is nobody to replace either of them is probably why. people are jumping to conclusions about nothing

maybe Lambert feels their is nobody to replace either of them is probably why. people are jumping to conclusions about nothing

yes that's true. Bacuna has been a good replacement for Lowton but what options are there to replace Weimann and Westwood. And I don't entirely agree that Lowton hasn't been worse. Weimann normally gives you something even when he's not playing well.

Given that he technically asked it as a question, I think the answer to Electric Avenue's question is a no. He was dropped and he'll come back. Lowton has a big future here. The bomb squad are never coming back. There's a big difference.

• 2 weeks later...

People suggesting bomb squad. That's for signings by previous managers who are on over-the-top wages. Lowton has been dropped for poor performances not just in matches but I'm assuming training? Bacuna has been playing great as well, would you replace him at this point?

Â