Matthew Lowton

Qwpzxjor1

For some reason I have always felt Lowton's career would parallel that of Gareth Barry. He'll start off his career in defence but will ultimately become a top class central midfielder.

To me he is already more creative than most of our midfielders and had a good pass and cross on him. I'd be happy to see Lambert experiment with having him in the midfield 3.

If he got to a place where he could be putting in regular performances like the Sunderland (h) game last season we'd have some player - he has shown he's got it in his locker but he needs to knuckle down and get producing it consistently. I wouldn't want to include his Stoke goal in my assessment of his ability either - despite the ultimate significance of that wonder-strike. 

I don't think an attacking FB would shine with us atm because we're usually bad with possession .. I think even Bennett is good with the ball and in attacking , Better than Luna I think .. But the thing is they're going to find it hard to attack and defend all the game ..

While moving Lowton to the wing could be a good solution .. To cover Bacuna and also to find some creativity up there .. 

I don't think Lambert would do it .. But this guy could be our Gareth Bale (I'm not saying the same quality) ..

I don't think an attacking FB would shine with us atm because we're usually bad with possession .. I think even Bennett is good with the ball and in attacking , Better than Luna I think .. But the thing is they're going to find it hard to attack and defend all the game ..

While moving Lowton to the wing could be a good solution .. To cover Bacuna and also to find some creativity up there .. 

I don't think Lambert would do it .. But this guy could be our Gareth Bale (I'm not saying the same quality) ..

Bennet better than Luna with the ball? I really don't think so abdulaziz. Luna is very good with the ball going forward.

In my opinion we have attacking FB's in Luna and Bacuna, especially Luna. Granted, he has been caught out of position a few times already.

I'd like to see Matt at RM with Bacuna behind him switching places when needed.

For some reason I have always felt Lowton's career would parallel that of Gareth Barry. He'll start off his career in defence but will ultimately become a top class central midfielder.

To me he is already more creative than most of our midfielders and had a good pass and cross on him. I'd be happy to see Lambert experiment with having him in the midfield 3.

He's reliable in possession like GB, and maybe better at crossing. Whether he's as natural in midfield as GB or not is a big question though, but I think you could be onto something.

Maybe his absence from the team is due to him quietly being re-trained to fill the Barry role :)

Edited by CrackpotForeigner

Bennet better than Luna with the ball? I really don't think so abdulaziz. Luna is very good with the ball going forward.

In my opinion we have attacking FB's in Luna and Bacuna, especially Luna. Granted, he has been caught out of position a few times already.

The only thing Luna is better with is that he have more pace and maybe more confidence ..

Luna is very bad with crossing while Bennett seem to have good crossing and shooting and I think even better dribbling ..

But he is terrible defensively ..

I wanted him to be fit against Cardiff .. He might actually step up his game ..

^ Luna is a class above Bennett when it comes to attacking IMO. Bennett offered very very little attacking with the exception of the occasional decent cross, looked too scared to run at the defender.

The only thing Luna is better with is that he have more pace and maybe more confidence ..

Luna is very bad with crossing while Bennett seem to have good crossing and shooting and I think even better dribbling ..

But he is terrible defensively ..

I wanted him to be fit against Cardiff .. He might actually step up his game ..

I would want Bennett to be fit now aswell, since Luna is out. I'm positive he'd be better than last year now that he's not so relied upon.

He'd definitely be better than Baker at LB.

Edited by AVTuco

^ Luna is a class above Bennett when it comes to attacking IMO. Bennett offered very very little attacking with the exception of the occasional decent cross, looked too scared to run at the defender.

It's more of a confidence matter than a quality matter to me .. I think with confidence , Bennett could be very good on the ball .. But he won't be as confidence while he's LB .. Because he isn't good defensively and need to be covered ..

Him and Bacuna on the same flank.

I'm begging you Paul.

It's been obvious for weeks. Hope he's grasped it finally.

Has to be at least tested a few times, I really think they could build something together on that side of the pitch.

Great cameo today. I really want him to start against West Brom. We'll have to retain possession much better than we have been doing if we are going to win, and Lowton is one of our best players technically.

I think he's a good attacking full back. His touch, passing and crossing are all really good. He even reads the game and intercepts well. It's just he's poor defending one v. one. Which, ironically, is where Bacuna shines.

As I'm bored of watching KEA and Sylla either pass it backwards or lose possession, I'd love to see Bacuna pushed into midfield and Matty back in the side.

Something like this:

Guzan

Lowton,    Vlaar, Clark,   Luna 
                Westwood
           Bacuna,   Delph
Weimann,              Agbonlahor

Benteke

Great cameo today. I really want him to start against West Brom. We'll have to retain possession much better than we have been doing if we are going to win, and Lowton is one of our best players technically.

I think he's a good attacking full back. His touch, passing and crossing are all really good. He even reads the game and intercepts well. It's just he's poor defending one v. one. Which, ironically, is where Bacuna shines.

As I'm bored of watching KEA and Sylla either pass it backwards or lose possession, I'd love to see Bacuna pushed into midfield and Matty back in the side.

Something like this:

Guzan

Lowton, Vlaar, Clark, Luna

Westwood

Bacuna, Delph

Weimann, Agbonlahor

Benteke

That is possibly the best Villa side except maybe someone else instead of Weimann, it looks really good on paper.

Him and Bacuna on the same flank.

I'm begging you Paul.

It's been obvious for weeks. Hope he's grasped it finally.

He scouted and bought them both before anybody on here knew who they were, I'm sure he has cottoned on.

Â