Matthew Lowton

Qwpzxjor1

• 2 weeks later...

Shame The Sun only gave him a rating of 5 yesterday, although they say it was because he hobbled off injured after 10 minutes to be replaced by Ciaran Clark.

Gotta love how we get mocked/ignored by the media even when we beat Arsenal 3-1 away.

Shame The Sun only gave him a rating of 5 yesterday, although they say it was because he hobbled off injured after 10 minutes to be replaced by Ciaran Clark.

Gotta love how we get mocked/ignored by the media even when we beat Arsenal 3-1 away.

I'd say that the 5 was meant for Baker and the 7 was meant for Lowton.

I'd say that the 5 was meant for Baker and the 7 was meant for Lowton.

Of course, generic descriptions of how well anybody did anyway.

Hopefully we continue to go under the radar.

he gave Leon OSman a cap, he isnt shy to give players caps who deserve it. why cant either break through

Most of the time though he's happy to stick to his favourites.

I think England managers are 'advised' on to pick.

It's not just Hodgson, hopefully England will appoint a decent under 21 manager (I'd actually go for a foreign option here rather than for the main team). Pearce had this ridiculous agenda of always picking workhorses in central midfield, couldn't believe Westwood wasn't picked for the under 21 tournament. I believe Lowton was too old for that.

I agree. He doesn't look like he's at the races yet. In the second half he lost the ball in a terrible position trying to cut inside and dribble through the scousers defence when he should laid the ball off instead completely exposing the defence. Needs to be challenged for the RB position IMO.

Just a blip in form.

He's had to go up against Oxlade. Hazard, and Coutinho the first three weeks.

Hard to attack when you have to worry about them and in fairness, they were relatively quiet

Definitely a bit of second season syndrome with Lowton, Weimann & Westwood so far. Nothing to worry about long term

But it's probably not helped by knowing they'll start week in week out regardless

I've always worried about Lowton when it comes to defending. He tends to come inside to much leaving massive gaps. I also think we need another RB to push him for his place.

Hope that RB isn't Bacuna though.

• 3 weeks later...

Been very poor so far this season, already been subbed off the pitch (Chelsea game) which never happened once last year and put in a very very poor display today, hope his form picks up soon

Agreed. Arsenal, 1st against Chelsea and 1st today all far too easy in behind.

Â