Matthew Lowton

Qwpzxjor1

I remember he did something similar v Liverpool at home and gabby was about a yard away from it, would've either put us 2-0 or 1-0 up too, IIRC.

I think he could be here for a while, not sure who would want that would be a big enough step up, at the minute I don't think anyone outside the top 6 are a more attractive proposition than anyone else in the league, we're all pretty much on a level playing field.

He looked a different class to everyone else on the pitch

Lowton, Benteke and at times Westwood put the rest of the team to shame on Sunday. They were a step ahead I thought

I thought Gabby had a really good game as well especially first half.  Benteke was on fire 

agree with Feidhlim, he was a different class. the thing is he always had this in his locker but seemed to be nervous at start and then started blossoming near end of season. think that goal was not just saved our season but probably has helped Lowton gain more confidence in attack

The cross on Saturday was magnificent.  I was even more thrilled that the press did not report it as they would have done had it been a player from a more "fashionable" or London club

Who has Lowton got to get past to play for England day think?

Walker, Johnson. Can't really think of anybody else. Maybe he could sneak in a squad as third choice this season.

I remember being miffed that we didn't buy Clyne last year instead

Although I still rate Clyne, I bloody love Lowton, particularly as he's a Sheffield lad!

Who has Lowton got to get past to play for England day think?

Walker, Johnson. Can't really think of anybody else. Maybe he could sneak in a squad as third choice this season.

I remember being miffed that we didn't buy Clyne last year instead

Although I still rate Clyne, I bloody love Lowton, particularly as he's a Sheffield lad!

Kelly has got a cap and think Jenkinson has been in a few squads

He's got a lot of confidence on the ball. He was one of the only players willing to carry it forward against Arse, it went back and back and sideways and back till it got to him then he carried it forwards. 

Good player.

He's got even more confidence after that goal v Stoke and tonight he really pushed us on. So keen to pass it forwards, you need it in a team, because it breeds confidence for others when he'd carrying it onwards.

Hopefully Bennett can try and take bits onto his game.

He got better and better as last season went on and his technique is really something to behold on those first time crosses.

Still needs to position himself better defensively though. He's not the quickest and had a few players just go all the way round the outside of him last season, can't have that, needs to shut off angles more efficiently.

Good Premier League player, with more work and time out on the pitch against top players he can become a very very good one.

• Like 1

If he has a season like last this year (which I believe he will) and has as much (or more) impact on our season, then it will be an absolute travesty if he doesn't go to Brazil.

Really don't see him going. Rb is pretty strong for England (in the eyes of the manager, I don't agree with all).

Johnson

Walker

Jones

Smalling

Jenkinson

Are all ahead of him, then you could also add Richards (if he recaptures form under Pellegrini)

Clyne

Secondly England may not even qualify.

Personally I can see him and Westy both going to Brazil.

I only see Johnson and Walker ahead of him right now, hopefully Hodgson realises that Johnson is crap by the end of the season. We have a good record for 'making' England internationals, Faulkner now has a role at the FA and I think eyes will be on both Westwood and Lowton throughout the season.

I only see Johnson and Walker ahead of him right now, hopefully Hodgson realises that Johnson is crap by the end of the season. We have a good record for 'making' England internationals, Faulkner now has a role at the FA and I think eyes will be on both Westwood and Lowton throughout the season.

No offence but I think that's a bit naive, unless you think Hodgson won't be England manager by then.

No offence but I think that's a bit naive, unless you think Hodgson won't be England manager by then.
I guess it all depends on this season, they most certainly should both get caps in the build up to Brazil, but I'd also prefer if they didn't go.

I know I am being naive about Johnson, he is no where near as good as Walker yet Walker barely gets a look in as it is. Can't be bothered for England any more if I'm honest.

Either way, if Lowton continues his progression this season I put him and Walker on par as the best English full backs.

Edited by samjp26

I think so too.

BUT, if Lowton and Westwood think they have any sort of a chance then it's good for us because they're bound to play their hearts out this season.

Â